• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#51 al_jo

al_jo

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1218 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:05 PM

I've sent the link to Al_jo and Chris according to their request.
Sorry to other members.
Respects to JFX, I don't want to release the project without his permission.
In this case, make clear that I offerred Al_jo becasue he is doing a project and he can learn something from it as a reference.
I noticed that JFX did not release his last project officially.
If it is not right, correct me.
I like to debate in positive way. Difference people has different view, idea, thought and approach. So I can learn their view, idea, thought and approach. And it is a fun.
Because I'm a learner in my whole life. Attacking each other, we can't learn/benifit anything and both will suffer in some way, finally we'll loose good friends. I'd like to explain to NightMan, JFX, Lancelot and other old members who left from here.
We have the same destination which is sharing our idea and information to other using our own time.
But as Wonko said, communication is difficult point, because we are diferent people from different place.
The purpost what I said/wrote might be different from your thought. So understanding/respecting or asking if you have doubt is the only way to solve the problem.

Regards,

ah

Thanks.
Just tested and the project is one minute slower then the ”micro” thing.
So…what is your point?
:thumbsup:

#52 Aye Htay

Aye Htay

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 163 posts
  •  
    Myanmar

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:11 PM

So…what is your point?

So you can't learn anything from it, right?
If said so, sorry for your time.

Regards,

ah

#53 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:53 AM

But as Wonko said, communication is difficult point, because we are diferent people from different place.
The purpost what I said/wrote might be different from your thought. So understanding/respecting or asking if you have doubt is the only way to solve the problem.

Actually, and just for the record, Wonko asked TWICE by now what you mean with the verb "to refer", and TWICE he was not answered. :(

If you check this sentence:
"it could be referred for himself"
you see how it contains only rather common words, so if you make a google search for it (enclosed in quotes) if it was a valid sentence in English, you would probably find a few examples of it.

Strangely enough, the ONLY hit by google is the present thread. :w00t:

Thus, I find probable that in this particular case it's not a problem of Wonko not being able to understand it :ph34r: , but rather the fact that it represents NOT a sentence written in English (you need to use not only the language words, but also it's syntax).

Of course you are perfectly free :) NOT to try and explain what you meant by it, but this won't help at all in better communication.

:cheers:
Wonko

#54 DarkPhoeniX

DarkPhoeniX

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 452 posts
  • Interests:Interesting Things
  •  
    South Africa

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:50 PM

i have a lot of big .iso and .zip files in my winbuilder
if i make a "final" test .ISO for VMware, i disable he script that copy's the .iso and the .zip to the final .ISO
this saves a lot of time

#55 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:53 PM

I've sent the link to Al_jo and Chris according to their request.
Sorry to other members.
Respects to JFX, I don't want to release the project without his permission.
In this case, make clear that I offerred Al_jo becasue he is doing a project and he can learn something from it as a reference.
I noticed that JFX did not release his last project officially.
If it is not right, correct me.
I like to debate in positive way. Difference people has different view, idea, thought and approach. So I can learn their view, idea, thought and approach. And it is a fun.
Because I'm a learner in my whole life. Attacking each other, we can't learn/benifit anything and both will suffer in some way, finally we'll loose good friends. I'd like to explain to NightMan, JFX, Lancelot and other old members who left from here.
We have the same destination which is sharing our idea and information to other using our own time.

Regards,

ah

You should be able to post it if its a project based of the base of another. If it has improvements they might help in the addition of those improvements to a more universal open approach.

#56 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:58 PM

Irongeek since you're doing presentations you might try this free Program.
CursorAttention 1.4 for PC
PenAttention 1.4 is meant for Tablets

http://www.math.uaa....m/PenAttention/
.NET Framework 3.5 or higher

#57 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:02 PM

News here, peter revamped his old idea and implemented it in nativeEx_multiPE:
http://reboot.pro/14720/

:thumbsup:
Wonko

#58 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:13 AM

Problem is that the only way to see if the idea has been properly implemented is to download and run his beloved little project which helps no-one and which I am loathe to do (again - and again and again....) :cheers:

Owww, come on :thumbsup::

Life is " trying things to see if they work"

:w00t:
Wonko

#59 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:28 AM

Well. My current ISP plan won't allow it, and the project is so full of little constructs that it is really a waste of time. Perhaps you can let us all know how it works and post a snippet of the relevant code. Be much obliged! :thumbup:

Well, that would mean that I would have to learn Winbuilder syntax in order to understand how it works.
And since we don't (AFAIK) have a syntax - let alone a "stable" one, that would mean a lot of work and very uncertain (in the sense of "with very little reliability") results. :cheers:

Anyway, this newly acquired knowledge won't be of any use to me, since I use the same oversized sticks I use to NOT touch Vista:
http://www.msfn.org/...xp/page__st__12
to NOT touch Winbuilder scripting. :cheers:

So, sorry :w00t:, but I have to pass on this one, but I'm pretty sure that there are enough good .script developers that are very capable and can use peter's old idea and it's new implementation, explaining it to the masses and providing similar functions in their own .scripts. :thumbsup:

Wonko

#60 al_jo

al_jo

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1218 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:00 AM

Don’t know why I can’t stop, when I know I really should!
Anyway, have a new win7pe here that, after clicking
the big blue “Play” button, builds in 1:20 minutes.
Needs some preparation, but it works.
This solution is not usable for "normal" users, but
could perhaps be developed further in some way…
:smiling9:

#61 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:27 AM

Don’t know why I can’t stop, when I know I really should!

:smiling9: Think, we all know that situation.

#62 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:18 AM

Problem is that the only way to see if the idea has been properly implemented is to download

See here.

Peter

#63 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:35 AM

***K OFF! :)

Hey, allanf, why don't you take it easy? :whistling:

No reason to become offensive or attack peter, he delivers what he thinks (no matter if righteously or not) a good product, but anyone is perfectly free to ignore it or not use it without any need to attack him.

Remember Rule #12, be nice, comeon....

Wonko

#64 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:27 AM

If you have a issues with a particular member of this community, it benefits our community if you use personal messages and not the public forum to express such aggressive comments towards other people. At the very least, please express your comments/critics in a constructive manner so that we can also join and participate.

If you prefer, include me as CC (or other people you deem fit) in private messages so that I can keep track of what is happening and take adequate measures when necessary.

My apologies for this measure, but we passed through a rough time in 2010 when public bickering between members was not moderated.

#65 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:08 PM

In my country we have a saying: "A culpa tem sempre companhia".

It roughly means: "A fault has always company", meaning that the "fault" cannot be assigned entirely to a single individual but rather to everyone around for doing or not doing "things".

If Peter either did a good or bad work, the truth is that he kept on working and accepting requests across all these years and that fact alone deserves my respect. With defects or no defects, he is more open to changes and discuss future improvements than many others with whom I correspond (or suspend).

Worse still, so many people seem to complaint and demand new features at the same time that it is never a popular action to say "no, let's get the current ones stabilized".

If you see closely, this whole compatibility issue is bullocks. The latest stable was released more than a year ago. Some good sense would be seeing project developers using a stable version and not some crazy beta on their project distributions to avoid the chaotic situation you stumbled upon.

From my point of view, I see a lot of wrong things. I can't fix all of them but we do need to cherish the people around us that have time and patience to work and make things better one day at a time. Better yet if we can show people how some things can be done in a better way.

This is what we should aim, small steps to make things better with the resources at our reach.

#66 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:17 PM

Unfortunately, there is not a recent "stable" version that has not been compromised in some way

You know, Winbuilder changed quite a lot since version 40 up to 80. We didn't even had an API at the time that would keep app scripts safe from changes on the engine. WinBuilder 080 itself has been around for far longer than any other engine to date.

The problem are not changes or "features". Indeed, the problem are agendas.

And I see them quite clearly. I see people leeching forum sections in our place to get popularity while dragging visitors outside of reboot, I see developers planting easter eggs to make each other's life unbearable, I see links getting invalidated over night for some odd reason, I see warez, I see people spawning controversy amongst developers to convince them joining some forum elsewhere, I see people making such harsh critics, I see a lot of things which I wish that I didn't see but still see them happen on daily dosage, sometimes losing my sleep to think about them.

I also see people with a shine in their eyes when we help them, and this is what really matters in the end, isn't it?

#67 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:49 PM

The problem are not changes or "features". Indeed, the problem are agendas.

I'm afraid it's just human nature :thumbsup:

I also see people with a shine in their eyes when we help them, and this is what really matters in the end, isn't it?

:pressure: Totally agree!

#68 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:28 AM

Please back up your statements with example script that shows features you believe are broken. That way bugs can be fixed. General statements are no help to anyone.

#69 RoyM

RoyM

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 420 posts
  • Interests:"Booting and Owning".
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:27 PM

Releasing Z-BaseBuild.script for Win7PE_SE ver Win7PE_SE_2011_05_16 "ONLY"
Script here

History=BaseBuildEX for NativeEX_Win7 Modified for Win7PE_SE ver Win7PE_SE_2011_05_16 "ONLY"
Credits=BaseBuild for Win7PE_SE, Originally written by Peter Schlang.
This is a remake of BaseBuildEx from (Joshua's Project) nativeEx_Win7
Inspired from this post http://reboot.pro/14690/

This is log file of a brand new decompress of Win7PE_SE_2011_05_16 before BaseBuild:
48 scripts processed. Project time: 17 minutes, 24 seconds and 624 miliseconds

Same build after Basebuild Enabled.
Only 29 scripts shown because Basebuild handles 19 scripts for you, mostly the big ones.
29 scripts processed. Project time: 6 minutes, 55 seconds and 422 miliseconds

An additional 1 minute can be shaved off in images.script
by extracting wim folders (Instead of mounting images)

Click Save/Get Wim Info in images.script aka Images configuration:
My sources use the following wims, Yours may be different.
Install.wim 5
Boot.wim 2

Extracting and/or copying them with 7-zip did not work for me.
\InstallWimSrc fails= \Application Data Folder could not be copied
"You need permission to perform this action"
"You require permission from the computer's administrator to make changes to this folder"

use Debug\Mount.script
select correct wim's to mount from above steps,
xcopy worked fine for me as follows;

right click cmd.exe and select "run as administrator"
Change following lines to your system settings/folders:
xcopy C:\Win7PE_SE_2011_05_16\Temp\Win7PE_SE\1Mount\*.* /s C:\Win7PE_SE_2011_05_16\Workbench\Common\Win7Extract\

you will be copying both folders: \BootWimSrc and \InstallWimSrc
from C:\Win7PE_SE_2011_05_16\Temp\Win7PE_SE\1Mount\
to C:\Win7PE_SE_2011_05_16\Workbench\Common\Win7Extract\

If you get errors during build, something failed during the mount
or the copy of the folders, you will need to troubleshoot, or
uncheck "extracting wim folders (Instead of mounting images)"
and not use this method.

#70 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:43 PM

Bye

Peter

#71 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:41 AM

@Roym,

Are you setting:

System,COMP80,OFF

I get a build time of 5 minutes with a standard win7pe 2011/5/16 plus many extra scripts ( 92 in total ) using the win7 imageex

#72 RoyM

RoyM

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 420 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:48 AM

No Paraglider I am not using System,COMP80,OFF
Where do I find this setting

#73 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:13 AM

No Paraglider I am not using System,COMP80,OFF
Where do I find this setting

Right now it is only documented in the WinBuilder history.

Write it as first line into script.project [Process].

When you use the 082 prerelease, OFF is default.
But there is a bug. See here

Peter

#74 RoyM

RoyM

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 420 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:31 AM

Thanx Peter

#75 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:03 PM

An additional 1 minute can be shaved off in images.script
by extracting wim folders (Instead of mounting images)

Yes, to use. That helps significant speed up during build :dubbio:
And much more than 1 minute if you use Win7 SP1 that uses the driver wimmount (very long) to (un)mount the image.

Extracting and/or copying them with 7-zip did not work for me.
\InstallWimSrc fails= \Application Data Folder could not be copied
"You need permission to perform this action"

"You require permission from the computer's administrator to make changes to this folder"

Here a new script Extracted_Wim_Folders written by Lancelot and completed by me. To put at level=10 in debug folder.
It does what works in automatic, it compact the folder to save space and make setting on 'Images configuration'.
It takes ~35 minutes (p4-2.8 ghz) to extract all and after that any benefit.
I hope you like ;)

ps: batch (package) inside script is standalone, can also be used anywhere outside wb (maybe "run as administrator").

I have not tested your 7-BaseBuild script but I think it should work also with Win7PE_SE_2011_05_20.

Attached File  Extracted_Wim_Folders.7z   903.14KB   8 downloads

Attached File  Extract_Wim_Folder.jpg   166.38KB   21 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users