#76 Erik_FL

Erik_FL

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:37 AM

PAR.7Z is for Eric.

Thanks. I'm looking at the files and comparing them to what I have. One difference that I've noticied is my help files are here.

programresourcehtmlHelp

The main help file is this one.

HDM12ProHelpe.htm

The contents of the above file are what display when I click the help tab in the advanced mode of the program. Instead of running the JavaScript in that file it just displays the file as text and seems to ignore the HTML and JavaScript tags.

I noticed that your "layout.ini" and mine both have this setting.

HELP_FILE_NAME = ""

Are you creating your Windows PE system using the Paragon Boot Media Builder? I am not using the Boot Media Builder. If I use the Paragon Boot Media Builder then I have no problems. It is only when using BartPE or WinBuilder that I have problems.

Also, if you are using Paragon's Boot Media Builder, how are you customizing it? It looks like you have a custom "ExpLauncher.ini" file.

#77 SIW2

SIW2

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:00 AM

I am not using Bartpe. That may be your problem.

I remember Tommy from Paragon telling me he had used the minint delete thing when using Bartpe.

I think I have a Pargon Bartpe somewhere - never used it as I recall.

Try adding all the files from PAR.7z in your build , overwrite your explauncher.ini and settings.xml see if it helps

It looks like you have a custom "ExpLauncher.ini" file.

Yes, just for fun - you mentioned before you can't launch cmd or regedit from your paragon bmb build. If you look at the explauncher.ini you will see it isn't hard to do.

Slightly odd Paragon doesn't already include those.

No, I am not using Paragon bmb build - I had a look at it of course.

Better to have your own build with Paragon and everything else you need in one place.

I use my own build of win7 pe3.1

Everything works in that.

I will try running off a copy of Chris win7 pese and see how paragon goes in there.

Edited by SIW2, 17 July 2012 - 02:51 AM.

#78 SIW2

SIW2

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:53 AM

Just checked with win7 pese.

Paragon works perfectly, including the help files.

I don't know anything about Bartpe I am afraid.

Edited by SIW2, 17 July 2012 - 02:54 AM.

#79 adric

adric

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

I didn't do it this way - but it should work if you mount boot.wim image2 - it must be sp1x86

On my installed SP1 system without any MS updates, I only see winre.wim, so I assume you mean a wim from the SP1 CD.
There are two images there:

boot    .wim								  144734333 11/21/2010  4:17

install .wim								 2247580674  3/28/2012 14:28

I wasn't sure what you meant by boot.wim image2

#80 adric

adric

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

delete system32/config and winpeshl.ini and winload.exe and winsxs folder from your mounted folder.

There is no winpeshl.ini in the boot.wim only winpeshl.exe. Also, winload.exe is in both System32 and system32boot
so I deleted both which I probably don't need to do since your batch file copies these files anyway.

I noticed that you copy USER.DAT too. Won't that mess things up?

#81 SIW2

SIW2

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

Boot.wim contains 2 images.

Install.wim contains 4 or 5 depending on bit version.

Forgot to mention - if you want Themes to work - you also need to delete winlogon.exe from yout mounted system32 before you add in anything

#82 adric

adric

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

Boot.wim contains 2 images.

Install.wim contains 4 or 5 depending on bit version.

Forgot to mention - if you want Themes to work - you also need to delete winlogon.exe from yout mounted system32 before you add in anything

Okay, my first try failed because I used image1, but just to make sure I understand your directions, here's what I did and the result. I will rerun using image2 and delete the winlogon.exe as you mentioned..

@echo off

rem copied boot.wim from SP1 CD and saved it as winre.wim

dism /mount-wim /wimfile:"W:Make_PE3win7pe_x86Winre.wim" /index:1 /mountdir:"w:Make_PE3win7pe_x86mount"

Rd W:Make_PE3win7pe_x86mountWindowsSystem32config /s

del W:Make_PE3win7pe_x86mountWindowsSystem32winload.exe

del W:Make_PE3win7pe_x86mountWindowsSystem32bootwinload.exe

rd W:Make_PE3win7pe_x86mountWindowswinsxs /s

xcopy Z:@Software@win_deployMake_PE3NEWconfig W:Make_PE3win7pe_x86mountWindowsSystem32config /e /h /i /k /r /y

xcopy Z:@Software@win_deployMake_PE3pecmd W:Make_PE3win7pe_x86mount   /e /h /i /k /r /y

xcopy Z:@Software@win_deployMake_PE3PEFILES W:Make_PE3win7pe_x86mount /e /h /i /k /r /y

dism /unmount-wim /mountdir:"w:Make_PE3win7pe_x86mount" /commit

imagex.exe /export "W:Make_PE3win7pe_x86Winre.wim" 1 "W:Make_PE3win7pe_x86ISOsourcesboot.wim

oscdimg.exe -n -m -o -b"W:Make_PE3win7pe_x86ISObootetfsboot.com" "W:Make_PE3win7pe_x86ISO" "W:Make_PE3win7pe_x867pe_x86_E.iso"

exit

This is what happend when I booted:
Posted Image

Edited by adric, 17 July 2012 - 02:57 PM.

#83 SIW2

SIW2

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

That is complicated. Why not just do it by hand?

Go to the mount folder rt click and delete

Similarly Rt click Copy and Rt click Paste the files in

You don't really need to delete winload.exe files, however I would suggest deleting system32/winlogon.exe

dism /mount-wim /wimfile:"W:Make_PE3win7pe_x86winre.wim" /index:2 /mountdir:"w:Make_PE3win7pe_x86mount"

I see you are exporting to boot.wim

I assume the extra space here is a typo or something to do with this site (probably site related - messes up my line below too )

xcopy Z:@Software@win_deployMake_PE3pecmd W:Make_PE3win7pe_x86mount  /e /h /i /k /r /y

See if that works for you.

Edited by SIW2, 17 July 2012 - 03:35 PM.

#84 adric

adric

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

That is complicated. Why not just do it by hand?

Go to the mount folder rt click and delete

Similarly Rt click Copy and Rt click Paste the files in

You don't really need to delete winload.exe files, however I would suggest deleting system32/winlogon.exe

dism /mount-wim /wimfile:"W:Make_PE3win7pe_x86winre.wim" /index:2 /mountdir:"w:Make_PE3win7pe_x86mount"

I see you are exporting to boot.wim

I assume the extra space here is a typo or something to do with this site (probably site related - messes up my line below too )

xcopy Z:@Software@win_deployMake_PE3pecmd W:Make_PE3win7pe_x86mount  /e /h /i /k /r /y

See if that works for you.

If I do it by hand, I won't remember what I did tomorrow. :money: This documents it for me.
What extra space are you talking about?

Edited by adric, 17 July 2012 - 04:22 PM.

#85 SIW2

SIW2

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

If you look back at your previous post - the spacing between mount and /e seems odd - might just be the way the forum shows it

#86 adric

adric

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:50 PM

Okay, using image 2 did the trick, but I still see the same problems as with my other image. The refresh operation
failed msg does not appear in your image because there is no Scheduled Tasks tab after BR2012 is launched. In my other image the tab appears and that condition leads to the refresh msg. I must have a bit more in my image to make BR2012 think the Task Scheduler is implemented.

Help within BR2012 and HDM10 still doesn't work. Same symptom as in my previous screenshot.

I noticed you had Fastone Capture pinned to the taskbar so I tried it. There is the same delay that I mentioned
earlier when you first do a screen capture. It takes over 1.5 minutes for the capture to appear in the editor.

Since you do not see these symptoms in the build you use, I guess you made more changes afterward
to correct these issues. Did you happen to take notes when you fixed these problems?

I'm running out of ideas what to try next... BTW, what's the difference between image 1 and image 2 in boot.wim?

EDIT by pscEx: double post physically deleted.

Edited by adric, 17 July 2012 - 07:05 PM.

#87 SIW2

SIW2

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

I have no idea what you are doing wrong .

Take a look at NEW.zip (not new.7z you had before)

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=B0A22789320E3247&id=B0A22789320E3247!320&=documents

#88 adric

adric

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

Thanks I'll see what that brings....

Edited by adric, 17 July 2012 - 09:39 PM.

#89 adric

adric

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:08 PM

This version fixed the slow start for Fastone Capture, but Help still does not show correctly.Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#90 SIW2

SIW2

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 123 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:23 AM

Either you have got the wrong Paragon files in there.

Or there is some problem with xchm.exe

It should be fine - the reg entries for xchm.exe are in pecustom.reg and it works fine for me.

You might compare the wim where Faststone works, against the wim where Faststone does not work.

One way to do that is to use imagex /dir on both wim's then compare the results with winmerge or similar.

We will then be able to find which file(s) are missing causing the Faststone problem.

Edited by SIW2, 18 July 2012 - 12:27 AM.

#91 adric

adric

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 173 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:57 AM

Now that is interesting. I thought these html files would display when selecting them with a browser and not using the Paragon program. If I recall correctly, my original image was able to do that and I was also able to display .chm. with xchm. I'll put the Help aside for now. The slow appearance of some programs is my main concern. I'll do the compare and see what that brings...

Edited by adric, 18 July 2012 - 01:00 AM.

#92 adric

adric

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 173 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

@SIW2

Here are the results of my comparison of the two boot.wim files:

I mounted the .wim that I built with the files you supplied and mounted the new boot.wim you sent.
I ran Winmerge on \Windows (including subdirs) against the two mount points.
I copied all the extra files from NEW to \missing and all the different files to \different
I rebooted the previouss image I built and copied all the files from \missing and \different to x:\Windows before starting FSC
No change. Still a delay on the first capture.

Maybe copying the files in this way is too late once booted. I will try a new image by adding all those files to the
wim and see if that makes a difference.

#93 SIW2

SIW2

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 123 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

Best way to find the differences - so that we can all learn, is to run imagex /dir on each .wim. No need to mount them.

Save the output as .txt files. You can use dismgui for that.

Then compare those two text files to get the differences.

Or post them up if you like.

If you just copy the contents of one wim into the other - we will never know .

btw - how can you post pictures on this site?

Edited by SIW2, 18 July 2012 - 01:46 PM.

#94 adric

adric

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 173 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

There are too many differences and missing files comparing the lists. I figured if I would copy all the diffs and missing files to even see if that has an effect. If it does, I can rebuild new just copying one directory at a time to see which directory makes the difference. Then I could start looking at the different files by only copying half the files and then half again etc. I can append the lists here if you want to have a look. I use TinyPic Free Image Hosting http://tinypic.com/ for screenshots here.

If I can't append my list here.The post will be too long and gets rejected. Is there any attach feature on this forum?

#95 adric

adric

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 173 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:30 PM

It looks like one of the windows files that I copied to my build is the solution to the FSC delay. Now, I need to find out
which file(s).

#96 SIW2

SIW2

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 123 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

If you run imagex /dir on the working wim and the non working wim, then post the txt files, that might be useful.

I just noticed I made a mistake in new.zip pecustom.reg.

I missed out this:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClasseschm.file]
@="Compiled HTML help"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClasseschm.fileshellopencommand]
@="X:Program Filesxchm.exe "%1""

Those entries are in the pecustom.reg from pecmd.7z

Edited by SIW2, 18 July 2012 - 07:31 PM.

#97 adric

adric

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 173 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

How can I post the text files? If I use code /code the post is too large and is rejected. I don't see an attach function.
PM me where you want me to send the list files.

#98 SIW2

SIW2

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 123 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

Put them in .zip file and post them up on skydrive is probabaly easiest

Edited by SIW2, 18 July 2012 - 09:50 PM.

#99 adric

adric

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 173 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:19 PM

Put them in .zip file and post them up on skydrive is probabaly easiest

Here you go http://www.mediafire...mq6mbr243oykoud

#100 SIW2

SIW2

Frequent Member

• Advanced user