Hey I need some direction for creating!

guides new newblind beginners

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jonas Voll

Jonas Voll

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Low vision, Computers, Blindness, Beer, Jeep's, & all the good stuff!
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

Sorry, but I am trying to use Win Builder and NaughtyPE
Need to know what files from the Windows CD I need!
I have tried to point to the root of the folder with all the files, but not working!
I’m a newbie, thanks!

#2 Jonas Voll

Jonas Voll

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Low vision, Computers, Blindness, Beer, Jeep's, & all the good stuff!
  •  
    United States

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:20 PM

Using Windows Xp

#3 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

Eighter point to the XP CD or to the folder you extracted the XP CD to.

:cheers:
  • Brito likes this

#4 Jonas Voll

Jonas Voll

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

Hey, thanks for the grate info!
There is some graphical buttons in WinBuilder that are not accessible with screen readers, I was able to find a user of screen readers on the form that had created a work around for now!
However the work around is for an older version of Win Builder, will try later today!
FYI, for any one that is
Wanting to get grants there is places to get free money to improve access for the disabled!
I know a coworker that gets’ free money for his Beep ball teamed!
  • Brito likes this

#5 Jonas Voll

Jonas Voll

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

Cool, got it working with Vmware player, but not with a physical pc!
I think the problem is I do not understand how to integrate drivers in the PE for the physical pc?

#6 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:58 PM

The physical PC needs drivers different from that ones used in a VM.

Unfortunatelly I cannot give you a "HowTo" here. That even depends on the project you are working with.
You have to know which hardware is in your PC, search the forum for an according driver script, and add it to the build.
When you do not find a suited one, inform yourself about DriverPacks and their implementation by WinBuilder scripts.

Peter

#7 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

In the main topic of NaughtyPE, i explain this shortly.

On the subject of drivers:
NaughtyPE comes with a full set of drivers for all virtual machines, as well as a set of drivers for the most common sound cards.
Since there is no such thing as common network cards. No network drivers, besides the ones for the VM, are included!!!

Because of the above, there's a simple way build into NaughtyPE to add own drivers for network, sound, ...
Put all drivers you wish to include into NaughtyPE into some folder. (Please note that the driver can not be an archive! i.e. you should have a bunch of files ending of inf,sys,dll and so on)
In WB go to NaughtyPE\Apps\Network\PENetwork. (Yes, sounds like it is for network only, but works for all drivers!)
Scroll down to "Add drivers from this directory (including subdirs):".
Browse to the "some" folder. :D
Done!

The drivers for your PC, can usually be found, on the Driver CD(s) that came with the computer.
If you have ever downloaded updated ones, it's better to use those.

If you want to use NaughtyPE on more than 1 PC, which do not have identical hardware, you will need to add the driver for each of those PCs.

For a general purpose NaughtyPE, which works on any PC, you will need to use the driverpacks from driverpacks.net, like PSC pointed out.
But those are a bit more tricky to integrate, because different versions of nVidia drivers tend to overwrite eachother.

:cheers:
  • pscEx likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guides, new, newblind, beginners

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users