• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Rootman

Rootman

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 382 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:36 PM

I finally got around to downloading and trying Winbuilder 2013.

Is there somehting wrong with it?  I tried the AUTO comand first and it jsut sat there for hours saying it was downloading Winpe7 .  Later I tried to INSTALL Winpe7 and it again sat there for hours.

Am I missing somehting?

#2 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:55 PM

There is nothing wrong with WinBuilder 2013, the corresponding Win7PE project and / or the plugins.

But there is something wrong in the reboot.pro forum software, which now does not perform previously working downloads.

Peter

#3 Siginet

Siginet

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:20 AM

Also... if you currently have a Windows 7 disk you can also point to your Windows 7 files and avoid having to download the ISO.

Just type: SOURCE

It will then have you browse to your Windows 7 disk. ;)

#4 Rootman

Rootman

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 382 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:04 PM

Is there any workaround for the Forum download issue then?  Can I download the project manually and put it in the project manually?

#5 Siginet

Siginet

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:37 PM

I believe so.  If it is not downloading from the site automatically I think if you download the plugins and place them inside the Download folder at the root of your winbuilder folder then you will be able to install each plugin manually.

Go to the Plugins section on the forum downloads and download Win7PE and any other plugins.  Drop them all into that Downloads folder.

Now in Winbuilder after you load your source... you will need to install each plugin.  You will only need to type the first 3 characters of each plugin unless there are multiple Plugins with similar names...  so for instance type...

INSTALL WIN7PE

INSTALL GOTCHA

INSTALL 7-Z

INSTALL AMM

This will install Win7PE, Gotcha Data Backup, 7-Zip, and AmmyyAdmin.

Although I think there is some other manual work you have to do for some of the plugins. It will give you that info in the command window though.  I think there is a bug they are working on where some of the portable exe's do not expand automatically.  So you may need to go online and download  the portable exe and install it manually into the directory specified.  For instance ClamWin needs to be downloaded and installed into the lib\plugins\AntiVir\PiriformClamWinPortable folder.

Once everything is ready... then type AUTO and it should build your Win7PE iso.

The new winbuilder is great.  It is pretty easy once you have everything setup.  It is being worked on to get some of the kinks out and more plugins will be made soon. ;)

#6 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:05 AM

@Siginet: That works only with the test version I sent to you.

BTW: Win7PE is not needed to be separatelly installed, it is included in WinBuilder.

@Rootman: I tried several methods to manually install. There is no workaround with the old WinBuilder.

@Nuno: Maybe it is time to publish the new version.

Peter :cheers:

#7 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:18 AM

I think there is a bug they are working on where some of the portable exe's do not expand automatically.  So you may need to go online and download  the portable exe and install it manually into the directory specified.

See here.

Peter

#8 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:19 AM

The new winbuilder is great.  It is pretty easy once you have everything setup.  It is being worked on to get some of the kinks out and more plugins will be made soon. ;)

:clap:

Peter

#9 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:53 PM

@Nuno: Maybe it is time to publish the new version.

Sounds good. Send me a link by PM to test and we'll launch a new edition. Last time I tried, the syntax already looked stable enough. Extra points if the feature permitting developers to share their plugins through the download section is working as expected.

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users