#1 oopsboy

oopsboy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:36 AM

I had this problem with PC.
The DVD Drive is connected to RAID controller, it will boot from the DVD, but won't load any extra drivers via PELoader. And the DVD drive and hard disk drive won't show up in My Computers.

So my thinking is, when VistaPE boots, it could not scan extra drivers on DVD disc because the DVD drive wasn't mounted. So the solution is how to inject mass storage drivers into VISTAPE kernel. (I know how to add extra drivers via PELoader which does not help in this case)

#2 al_jo

al_jo

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1218 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:05 AM

I had this problem with PC.
The DVD Drive is connected to RAID controller, it will boot from the DVD, but won't load any extra drivers via PELoader. And the DVD drive and hard disk drive won't show up in My Computers.

So my thinking is, when VistaPE boots, it could not scan extra drivers on DVD disc because the DVD drive wasn't mounted. So the solution is how to inject mass storage drivers into VISTAPE kernel. (I know how to add extra drivers via PELoader which does not help in this case)

Maybe I missunderstand your request, but may I ask if you have integrated the drivers-ms.script
in "Drivers"?
If not you can download from here:
http://vistape.winbu...i...PI/Drivers/

#3 oopsboy

oopsboy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:03 PM

I can see the script has integrated or external mode selection. I opened two .7z files, I could see in integrated mode, it copies file to following folders:

inf
system32
system32/drivers

That's very good. Just wondering if you could teach me "how to fishing, instead of just give me fish". If I have a new driver, how to integrate into Windows.7z file?

Thanks very much.

#4 oopsboy

oopsboy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:40 PM

Maybe I missunderstand your request, but may I ask if you have integrated the drivers-ms.script
in "Drivers"?
If not you can download from here:
http://vistape.winbu...i...PI/Drivers/

I used the scripts, made VISTAPE, the drivers does not cover the new controller, so still no GO. I really need to learn how to add new drivers to your existing package.

Anyone can give me a quick hand. Thanks in advance.

#5 al_jo

al_jo

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1218 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:39 PM

I used the scripts, made VISTAPE, the drivers does not cover the new controller, so still no GO. I really need to learn how to add new drivers to your existing package.

Anyone can give me a quick hand. Thanks in advance.

Perhaps you can use "Driver Integration" Original Author=JFX
It's included in the Win7PE_SE_2010_11_12 project.
I'm attaching...
Put the script in the:
\vistape\Projects\VistaPE-CAPI\Drivers folder

Attached Files

#6 oopsboy

oopsboy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:53 PM

Em, those scripts are in VISTAPE CAPI project, I am not looking at the project for two years, mainly using Leopard, coz the VISTAPE's website does not have any update :hi: .
But VistaPE CAPI been updated. I am really feel a bit sad that all those resource not been pulling together. :hi:

#7 oopsboy

oopsboy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:08 AM

Perhaps you can use "Driver Integration" Original Author=JFX
It's included in the Win7PE_SE_2010_11_12 project.
I'm attaching...
Put the script in the:
\vistape\Projects\VistaPE-CAPI\Drivers folder

This script does not integrate any driver as I look through the script. Unless au3361.exe is doing something I do not know:

ShellExecute,Open,%Tools%\%OSArch%\AU3361.exe,"#$q%Tools%\zPeIMG.exe#$q #$q%pFileBox86%#$q #$q%TargetDir%\Windows#$q"

could not find zPeIMG.exe as well.

#8 al_jo

al_jo

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1218 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:57 AM

This script does not integrate any driver as I look through the script. Unless au3361.exe is doing something I do not know:

ShellExecute,Open,%Tools%\%OSArch%\AU3361.exe,"#$q%Tools%\zPeIMG.exe#$q #$q%pFileBox86%#$q #$q%TargetDir%\Windows#$q"

could not find zPeIMG.exe as well.

Not sure now which project you are using. Is it Leopard, VistaPEcore or latest Capi?
Anyway, go here and dowload possible missing scripts/apps and put them in "Tools":
http://vistape.winbu.....VistaPE-CAPI/
I'm attaching zpeimg...

Attached Files

#9 oopsboy

oopsboy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:23 AM

OK,

I download the Win7PE_SE_2010_11_12 project, and find the ePEIMG.exe file, and copied to VISTAPE/CAPI's appropriate fold, hope it will work.

"I'LL BE BACK" :)

#10 al_jo

al_jo

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1218 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:48 PM

OK,

I download the Win7PE_SE_2010_11_12 project, and find the ePEIMG.exe file, and copied to VISTAPE/CAPI's appropriate fold, hope it will work.

"I'LL BE BACK" :)

Just tested it and "Driver Integration" was not working in VistaPE. Perhaps a Path problem?
Anyway, I tested an earlier Win7PE from 05_19_2010 by JFX with VISTA DVD as source and it worked 100% ok and also to integrate any drivers!
You can download and try it here:
http://www.mediafire...7d59wv8qo35k8ab

#11 oopsboy

oopsboy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:56 PM

Just tested it and "Driver Integration" was not working in VistaPE. Perhaps a Path problem?
Anyway, I tested an earlier Win7PE from 05_19_2010 by JFX with VISTA DVD as source and it worked 100% ok and also to integrate any drivers!
You can download and try it here:
http://www.mediafire...7d59wv8qo35k8ab

Thanks! But could not get it to work. The script use two tools: au3300.exe nad ePEIMG.exe, wihich none exists in VistaPE CAPI, also some of the Environmet variables are different in Win7PE, thus not working. And it is no clear if it can install multiple drivers from any subfolders.

I would think that problem would be addressed million years ago, coz everyone will need to add drivers from time to time, and adding drivers into kernel will make VistaPE smaller and load faster.

Really need some original script developer to lend us a hand! Please!!!!!! Please !!!! Please !!!!

#12 al_jo

al_jo

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1218 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:43 PM

Thanks! But could not get it to work. The script use two tools: au3300.exe nad ePEIMG.exe, wihich none exists in VistaPE CAPI, also some of the Environmet variables are different in Win7PE, thus not working. And it is no clear if it can install multiple drivers from any subfolders.

I would think that problem would be addressed million years ago, coz everyone will need to add drivers from time to time, and adding drivers into kernel will make VistaPE smaller and load faster.

Really need some original script developer to lend us a hand! Please!!!!!! Please !!!! Please !!!!

Did you download the project in the link?
And you say it is not working? Really strange!
Why is it working here in my computer?
I download the project, unzip it, run Winbuilder, point to my Vista source,
point to my drivers and, voila...10 minutes later I have a working ISO :)
Also added ALL drivers from the pack here:
http://driverpacks.n...s-storage/10.11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users