3 replies to this topic

#1 benji

benji
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Malaysia

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:50 AM

HI all, please, i need help from the pros out there...
ya see... it all starts with my vista going expired 0.0
yup and then i started to search for stuff ya know.. and i installed some weird language software which turns out to be GRUB4DOS
then, i wanted to quit the stuff and it ends up with a black screen similar to DOS and i cant get it to switch back to vista anymore T_T
its my brand new comp guys, please help and reply soon.
Thank you .

#2 by_rom

by_rom

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:51 AM

It is not simply and very sense,one mistake and you can lost all your data.
My way in your case will be:
1 Boot from alternative OS such as livexp or even livecd linux (examplepuppy linux) and burn all your critical data on dvd.
2 If your hard disk not splitted (only c:)split it to two parts (c: d:)and move all your data to
d:
3 after step 2 you can feel free to try any method to restore mbr, even format c: and reinstall
system since all your data stored on second part of hard disk d: and on burned dvd.

#3 pokemon1

pokemon1

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:25 PM

Vista is expiring > installed some software > hitting Grub4Dos boot console....

Sounds like you/someone who uses the computer have/has used some Loader program to make your Vista genuine (Some patch/loader programs are floating around and those use Grub4Dos). Vista pre-installed in laptop/ computer does not normally comes with Grub4Dos installed in MBR.

I remember seeing Wonko (the sane) discussed that somewhere in this forum before.

I might be wrong.

#4 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:14 AM

I remember seeing Wonko (the sane) discussed that somewhere in this forum before.

Good :lol:

I might be wrong.

Yes ;), you didn't remember Rule #2 :)
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=9101
;)

Here:
http://www.boot-land...?...ic=3833&hl=
http://www.boot-land...?...ic=5770&hl=

The sad thing is that this experience, even if the problem will be eventually solved won't help benji in learning to:
  • NOT using WAREZ :D
  • to never fiddle with things you don't know about without first understanding where your towel is :confused1:

OP didn't even have the decency of taking a few minutes to understand WHERE to post his/her questions and ended up posting it in the Tutorials section (i.e. where people publish tutorials).

The fact that ALL the stickies (that should actually have remained in the "main" grub4dos thread), were senselessly moved here, thus making a few hundreds links duly posted over time invalid :lol: :) might work as a partial justification, however :D: mindlessly actions usually call for more mindlessly actions.

:)
Wonko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users