• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:44 PM

File No. 4 is not available :-(

NO, it is available allright, only NOT in the first post of this thread:
http://reboot.pro/3890/page__st__188

Read the thread before whining :ph34r: you cannot find something ;) (twice :w00t:)

:cheers:
Wonko

#203 wusq2005

wusq2005
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

Glad to be the first one in 2012! But sadly, there will be error during unzipping all the attachments.... However, I've got some files from the posts. Bless it will work... Thanks all the above guys.

Edited by wusq2005, 08 January 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#204 ChillingMushroom

ChillingMushroom
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Dominican Republic

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:44 PM

anyone tried to make this but based on 98 or Millenium ? (non NT)

#205 ChillingMushroom

ChillingMushroom
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Dominican Republic

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

strike that
it can't detect fat32

#206 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:17 AM

Dear sir,
I have tested Yours tool and i have found out, that it is not possible to use .img file when i have choosen The partition, no whole harddisk inside The Selfimage program. Etbuilder is displaiing The message, that there is more than one partition.
So The possible way how to use Yours project without using Vmware virtualisation tool may be would work as follows.

Using The entire harddisk choice when using Selfimage, using no compression as You have mentioned earlyer.
Copy big .img file to other higgh capacity media and after succesfully finishing The process, i would had to use some Linux distribution and mount .img file and use parted or Gparted to resize The .img file to The lowest possible size.
The question is, if this miracle can be achieved by using some Linux and free partitioning tool.
Sure, i must firstly apply The patch.iso to modifi host Windows installation to support eltorito, i also must run special command to activate new driver after start Windows.
Only after those steps, i would had to perform some other tweaks to use standard IDE drivers, ETC.
So when this system will be imaged by using excellent tool Selfimage, i would had to try Linux to mount .img file and try to resize partition inside it.
The problem is, that Gparted is creating bad filesystem structure, so windows is being forced to use build algorithms inside autochk
to check The file system.
And how to boot from .img file as from normal harddisk Windows XP operating system?

So as i Am thinkink for now, The best will be really use Vmware as You have adviced The users, there will be user specified virtual harddisk with user specified size and resulted harddrive would be compatible with Yours project after creating image from it by using Selfimage.

YOu are very tallented developer, Yours Autoid knowledge are outstanding.

I visch You A nice day.
I Am tring to modifi Yours etboot.cmd file to support Windows PE based environment, so also visually impaired users would use it with screen reader in live mode.
I will post The image here, when i have A success.

#207 alikurdy

alikurdy
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Iraq

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:16 AM

can someone make windows xp iso by etboot and uploading

#208 babygirl9008

babygirl9008
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

link 4 don't work

#209 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

link 4 don't work

File No. 4 is not available :-(

NO, it is available allright, only NOT in the first post of this thread:
http://reboot.pro/3890/page__st__188

Read the thread before whining :ph34r: you cannot find something ;) (twice :w00t:)

The most recent (and stupid as always :w00t:) board update has made the link above not working but it is not that difficult to find post #189 in this thread, here:
http://reboot.pro/to...175#entry111115

:cheers:
Wonko

#210 Zoso

Zoso

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 640 posts
  •  
    Isle of Man

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:25 AM

ETBoot.part4.rar is missing

has .pdf tutorial in it.

OP has not been active since 2011. does anyone have or know where I can aquire the tutorial?

mainly interested to know if this tool can convert an existing XP.img or if it has to be a fresh install?

thanks

#211 erwan.l

erwan.l

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3042 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:31 AM

To be safe, I have mirrored the files here : http://erwan.labalec.fr/ETBoot/ .

• Sajan Poudel likes this

#212 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:32 AM

ETBoot.part4.rar is missing

has .pdf tutorial in it.

OP has not been active since 2011. does anyone have or know where I can aquire the tutorial?

mainly interested to know if this tool can convert an existing XP.img or if it has to be a fresh install?

thanks

NO, it has been reposted, and from time to time someone FAILS to §@ç#ing READ the last post on this thread where a link to the repost is given, FALSELY posts whining :w00t: :ph34r: about that file missing AND makes the last post I make, pointing to the repost not anymore the last post, and I have to re-post, AGAIN, AND AGAIN, AND AGAIN correcting him and making a new post pointing to the "missing" file: 

:frusty:

:duff:

Wonko

#213 Zoso

Zoso

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 640 posts
  •  
    Isle of Man

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:02 AM

hi Wonko the Sane! great to see ya here LOL thought you were on a vaction or something. my bad.. Im multi-tasking ;-) please accept my apologies.

hi erwin.I

thanks

#214 Zoso

Zoso

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 640 posts
  •  
    Isle of Man

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:33 PM

OK, after reading the tutorial and the whole thread now I have some comments:

this is for 32bit only as it is because it uses 32bit EWF. unfortunately my interest in it was for XPx64 because I havnt yet figured out how to get EWF working in XPx64 so I was thinking that this could help me get x64 to be non persistent. I do that by booting x64 in ram now but the image is almost 2gb and takes a while to load and then, by the time it loads it has used that much ram so on a machine with only 4gb ram I might as well use 32bit XP instead of 64bit.

about making this tool work to boot AMD and/or intel SATA (more universal) would be to run USBoot before conversion to .iso

I may try this on XP when I get a chance but getting EWF working on XPx64 is higher priority. (anyone else up for a challenge?)

does anyone have a tool similar to this working for W7x64? and Im assuming this new .iso made by ETBoot boots from grub4dos alright but actually didnt see that mentioned directly. that would load it faster than a mechanical drive.

thanks

#215 Sajan Poudel

Sajan Poudel
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Nepal

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:29 AM

file 4 is not available whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??

#216 erwan.l

erwan.l

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3042 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:55 AM

Read previous posts may be?

#217 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:59 PM

NO, it has been reposted, and from time to time someone FAILS to §@ç#ing READ the last post on this thread where a link to the repost is given, FALSELY posts whining :w00t: :ph34r: about that file missing AND makes the last post I make, pointing to the repost not anymore the last post, and I have to re-post, AGAIN, AND AGAIN, AND AGAIN correcting him and making a new post pointing to the "missing" file: 

Wonko

#218 erwan.l

erwan.l

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3042 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:11 PM

Wonko

Guess what?

I bet that this will happen again ;)

May be editing the first post could help?

#219 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:32 PM

Guess what?

I bet that this will happen again ;)

May be editing the first post could help?

Sure :).

On any other "normal" board, there would be a Mod or Admin that would have done that (or corrected the uploaded file/link/whatever) SINCE 14th October 2010, when the issue became evident and someone reposted the missing file:

http://reboot.pro/to...e-8#entry111115

There is a trade-off between the advantages :dubbio: of having an almost unmanaged forum and the issues a strict Administration may provoke. :whistling:

Wonko

#220 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:37 PM

There is a trade-off between the advantages :dubbio: of having an almost unmanaged forum and the issues a strict Administration may provoke.

I guess that exists a silent pact between mods and admins to keep Wonko busy with each new post on this topic and eventually drive him nuts. Ten years so far, still not working.. :)

btw. You can look on the first topic for the updated download links. I've added Erwan's mirror download as alternative location.

#221 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:38 PM

I guess that exists a silent pact between mods and admins to keep Wonko busy with each new post on this topic and eventually drive him nuts. Ten years so far, still not working.. :)

Well, nice try :unsure:, but that won't ever happen, by definition Wonko is the Sane ;), they should have known better than to indulge in this kind of futile activities... :whistling:

nomen est omen:
http://en.wikipedia....ive_determinism

Anyway :), let's see if this dramatic move :w00t: will help in reducing, even slightly, the overall amount of whining... :dubbio:

Wonko
  • Brito likes this

#222 Zoso

Zoso

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 640 posts
  •  
    Isle of Man

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:02 PM

hi Sajan Poudel,
welcome to reboot.pro! can you please repeat your question? LOL

"if theres a bustle in your hedgerow, dont be alarmed now..."

Love y'all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users