#51 SkyBeam

SkyBeam

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:01 PM

You are adding the third year! :loleverybody:

I did not add additional features to the list. Just giving some hints how it could be done. This should actually reduce some minutes of "thinking about".
On purpose I did not ask "when" you will be able to do it because I know that it takes some time to think about, to implement it, to test it etc. In addition there might be some other features/fixes which are more important.

So take your time, now you know about another feature which would be worth implementing it when you have some "spare" time.
B)

#52 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:06 PM

Don't worry. That was just kidding.

I like to get (and maybe I personally need) difficult requests.
If you look into my profile:

Favorites:
What somebody else cannot do.

Peter :loleverybody:

#53 trumpy81

trumpy81

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:31 AM

I built the project, and I was pleased I was able to get it working after several attempts. However, :D I am so surprised that I cannot remove the Temp Windows 7 files from my Vista computer hard drive.

Turbine, this is an ongoing problem in Vista/Windows 7 where a .wim image is not unmounted correctly. This is a Windows issue, NOT a WinBuilder issue. However, it seems that NOT everyones system is affected by it. My system has been though.

A simple solution, load a Win7RescuePE build from either CD or a USB Drive and then use the available tools to delete the temp folder and its contents. Once you have deleted the folder successfully, reboot into Vista and you should have no more problems, well at least, until next time :whistling:

#54 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 455 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:10 AM

Turbine, this is an ongoing problem in Vista/Windows 7 where a .wim image is not unmounted correctly. This is a Windows issue, NOT a WinBuilder issue. However, it seems that NOT everyones system is affected by it. My system has been though.

A simple solution, load a Win7RescuePE build from either CD or a USB Drive and then use the available tools to delete the temp folder and its contents. Once you have deleted the folder successfully, reboot into Vista and you should have no more problems, well at least, until next time :whistling:

when it happens to me I simply run the postconfig script on its own and it unmounts the wims and I can the delete the temp folder - works everytime

#55 trumpy81

trumpy81

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:56 AM

when it happens to me I simply run the postconfig script on its own and it unmounts the wims and I can the delete the temp folder - works everytime

It works 99% of the time for me too Darren, but the other 1% I have to resort to Win7Rescue PE :whistling:

#56 Sems

Sems
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:02 PM

Hey Skybeam,

When I run the script for Avira, it starts to download (Avira's server are painfully slow, but oh well), then it gives an error about unixtimestampnow.exe not being in the %BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\UnixTimeStampNow.exe, the log shows:

Run - Processing section: [update] From file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Win7RescuePE\Skybeam\App\Antivirus\Avira9.script]
[Info] Downloading updates for Avira AntiVir Desktop...
[Ignore] IF - Directory does not exist: [%BaseDir%\Temp\Avira\AntiVir Desktop] evaluated string: [If,EXISTDIR,"%TmpFolder%",DirDelete,"%TmpFolder%"]
[Success] DirMake - Created directory: [%BaseDir%\Temp\Avira\AntiVir Desktop]
[Info] [// execute download]
[Success] WebGet - Downloaded file: [http://dl.antivir.de...ndle_nt_en.zip] to directory: [%BaseDir%\Temp\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\update.zip] (md5 check was not available)
[Success] IF - File exists: [%BaseDir%\Temp\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\update.zip] evaluated string: [If,ExistFile,"%TmpFolder%\update.zip",Begin]
[Info] Processing updates for Avira AntiVir Desktop...
[Success] ShellExecute: [Hide] using: ["%BaseDir%\Projects\Tools\7z.exe"] with parameters: [x -y "%BaseDir%\Temp\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\update.zip" -o"%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Avira\AntiVir Desktop"]
[Info] [// Update the current Unix time stamp so we can put the correct]
[Info] [// update date in the registry]
[Success] ExtractFile - [UnixTimeStampNow.exe] to: [%BaseDir%\Temp\Avira\AntiVir Desktop]
[Failed] FileDelete - Failed to delete [%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\UnixTimeStampNow.exe]: The operation completed successfully
[Warning] Halt
Run - Processed section [update] in file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Win7RescuePE\Skybeam\App\Antivirus\Avira9.script]

Any thoughts?

#57 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:09 PM

I'm not familar with the script.

But there is something unlogical:

[Success] ExtractFile - [UnixTimeStampNow.exe] to: [%BaseDir%\Temp\Avira\AntiVir Desktop]
[Failed] FileDelete - Failed to delete [%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\UnixTimeStampNow.exe]: The operation completed successfully

• Extract UnixTimeStampNow.exe to %BaseDir%\Temp
  • Delete UnixTimeStampNow.exe from %BaseDir%\Workbench\Common
???
Peter

BTW: "The operation completed successfully" in case of error: That is a topic for me in WinBuilder development

#58 SkyBeam

SkyBeam

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:39 PM

I'm not familar with the script.

But there is something unlogical:

• Extract UnixTimeStampNow.exe to %BaseDir%\Temp
  • Delete UnixTimeStampNow.exe from %BaseDir%\Workbench\Common
???
Peter

BTW: "The operation completed successfully" in case of error: That is a topic for me in WinBuilder development

Actually in the middle of the extract and delete instructions there is a ShellExecute instruction to execute UnixTimeStampNow.exe.
ExtractFile,%ScriptFile%,UnixTimeStampNow,UnixTimeStampNow.exe,%TmpFolder%

ShellExecute,Hide,"%TmpFolder%\UnixTimeStampNow.exe"

FileDelete,"%TmpFolder%\UnixTimeStampNow.exe"

I just fixed the wrong path (sorry, I was using the wrong variable. Verification of the changes are pending here since the download is horribly slow at the moment...

Updated script added to initial post.

#59 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:44 PM

Actually in the middle of the extract and delete instructions there is a ShellExecute instruction to execute UnixTimeStampNow.exe.

ExtractFile,%ScriptFile%,UnixTimeStampNow,UnixTimeStampNow.exe,%TmpFolder%

ShellExecute,Hide,"%TmpFolder%\UnixTimeStampNow.exe"

FileDelete,"%TmpFolder%\UnixTimeStampNow.exe"

I just fixed the wrong path (sorry, I was using the wrong variable. Verification of the changes are pending here since the download is horribly slow at the moment...

Updated script added to initial post.

Mainly @Sems:

I'm rather surprized now that the ShellExecute was NOT in the posted log.
Did you delete as 'not important'
Or is there a different reason?

Try to build, after downloading the new version, with Tools > Options > Log Comments checked (right top).
Post the log.html of this build.

Peter

#60 Sems

Sems
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:00 PM

Mainly @Sems:

I'm rather surprized now that the ShellExecute was NOT in the posted log.
Did you delete as 'not important'
Or is there a different reason?

Try to build, after downloading the new version, with Tools > Options > Log Comments checked (right top).
Post the log.html of this build.

Peter

Nope, I copied and pasted the whole part, didn't delete anything in between (and Log Comments were already checked). I'll download the new one and see if that helps. I manually tried fixing the path before Skybeam posted his fix, and it was still trying to delete it from the workbench folder. Weird. I'll keep you guys posted.

#61 Sems

Sems
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:38 PM

Fix seems to work fine... I only updated the delete line before, I guess also extract line was needed too. Thanks for all the help Skybeam :hypocrite:

Here is the log in case anyone needs it.

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.html   13.45KB   6 downloads

#62 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:25 PM

Fix seems to work fine... I only updated the delete line before, I guess also extract line was needed too. Thanks for all the help Skybeam :hypocrite:

Here is the log in case anyone needs it.

:hypocrite:

Peter

#63 SkyBeam

SkyBeam

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:07 PM

Just uploaded another update:

Update 2009-10-07:
- Added Notepad2 (including shell integration)
- Added Windows Firewall Work-Around
Windows firewall service is set to disabled in 2-Config.script but somehow it's still active and the machine does not allow any incoming connections. To work-around this issue you need first to configure the network (PENetwork) an then set the firewall service (MpsSvc) to "manual" and then use "net start MpsSvc". Note that the start of the service will fail but afterwards it seems to be disabled correctly and incoming connections are allowed.
To do this semi-automatically I've created the WindowsFirewallControl.script Script. It sets MpsSvc to "manual" and places two shortcuts in the start-menu and/or on desktop. One to start the firewall and one to stop. So to get incoming connections working you just need to run PENetwork and then use the "Windows Firewall enable" shortcut and wait for it to fail and you're done. If at one point in time the firewall service will work correctly the shortcuts can be used to enable/disable the firewall.

#64 RobertD0275

RobertD0275

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:31 AM

Is thier a way that you could modify the script so that almost all of windows 7 installs from the boot WIM file? I am an IT guy that works on Thousands of PC per month...all different, and their are several of the features that I use in win 7 (device, manager, add wireless, etc,)that don't work....I would like a full version of 7 to run on the drive (400GB usb...)so space is not the issue here..I ned help withthis ASAP as I am not a coder. I fugure if PE is able to esentially hack and store boot WIM on the Ram or in Normal mode and not store hardware dependent devices so that you can run this tool on any PC already...setting it to install almost the whole thing should not be that much of a strech right? Licensing should not concern you as I OWN Win 7 Enterprise and Ultimate x86 via MSDN so I am covered thier...

Please help me...or tell me who can...

Thanks...

#65 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:07 PM

Is thier a way that you could modify the script so that almost all of windows 7 installs from the boot WIM file? I am an IT guy that works on Thousands of PC per month...all different, and their are several of the features that I use in win 7 (device, manager, add wireless, etc,)that don't work....I would like a full version of 7 to run on the drive (400GB usb...)so space is not the issue here..I ned help withthis ASAP as I am not a coder. I fugure if PE is able to esentially hack and store boot WIM on the Ram or in Normal mode and not store hardware dependent devices so that you can run this tool on any PC already...setting it to install almost the whole thing should not be that much of a strech right? Licensing should not concern you as I OWN Win 7 Enterprise and Ultimate x86 via MSDN so I am covered thier...

Please help me...or tell me who can...

Thanks...

double, triple, etc posting is a good way to get ignored around here.

you have been told in no less than 2 threads that the full windows feature set is not available nor is it as easy as loading up the .wims on a flash drive and booting it. as an "IT guy" that works on thousands of pc's a month you should know that windows is much more complex than that. these projects are based on PE which is made to be run from cd/usb. full windows is not, and therefore some things take many many hours just to figure out how to "sort of" get a feature working.

we, (myself included) are more than happy to use our free time to help YOU build a working PE and even help figure out specific problems but nobody is going to use their spare time (for free I might add) to do it all, build, and gift wrap you a solution so you can get paid. if this is what you want you should do as paraglider suggested and hire a professional consultant.

#66 RobertD0275

RobertD0275

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:42 PM

double, triple, etc posting is a good way to get ignored around here.

you have been told in no less than 2 threads that the full windows feature set is not available nor is it as easy as loading up the .wims on a flash drive and booting it. as an "IT guy" that works on thousands of pc's a month you should know that windows is much more complex than that. these projects are based on PE which is made to be run from cd/usb. full windows is not, and therefore some things take many many hours just to figure out how to "sort of" get a feature working.

we, (myself included) are more than happy to use our free time to help YOU build a working PE and even help figure out specific problems but nobody is going to use their spare time (for free I might add) to do it all, build, and gift wrap you a solution so you can get paid. if this is what you want you should do as paraglider suggested and hire a professional consultant.

I fully understand how complex Windows can be. I was able to do a full install of win XP TO a USB and run it successfully...The bad part here is that it IS hardware dependent, once installed from a PC, it only works on THAT PC, unless I run sysprep and OOBE. THe problem thier lies that I have to input the KEY every time I boot it, enter or change user names, etc..even if I wrote an unattended.xml, that still takes alot of time...like you said...

Where I get confused here, and this may be why you think I am being a jerk or impolite on my postings...is that the PE environment gives you the OS without having those drawbacks...all I am trying to figure out is how to ustilize the PE environment and have the full functionality of win7, whether I need to add third party scripts or programs o fill the holes is fine with me, I just don't know where to go to get them, nor hae I found and real "working" tutorials on how to build what I need.

I am not an idiot, nor am I afraid of some hard work in my spare time...but I need some advise from people like you who have done tis, and know what programs to use, how to extract the drivers you need...etc...

Again, I appologize for seeming rude or inconsiderate to you guys, that was not my intention, you all do something that I can't seem to understand...yet...but I would like to learn, so that If I do get the complete picture of what I need, I can then post it here so others that need it can get it as well.

Please, help

Robert

#67 ludovici

ludovici

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 610 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:14 PM

Hello RobertD0275 :thumbsup:

I am agree with homes32.
I think than it's not possible to have the full functionality in win7PE...
But, What do you need of features ?
Wifi --> Holger Network Script

#68 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:37 PM

we should stop hijacking SkyBeams script thread.
RobertD0275, start a new thread here with a specific list of features you would like to have working and we will do our best to help if it is possible.

#69 RobertD0275

RobertD0275

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:39 PM

Hello RobertD0275 :thumbsup:

I am agree with homes32.
I think than it's not possible to have the full functionality in win7PE...
But, What do you need of features ?
Wifi --> Holger Network Script

I need the ability to:

Run device manager to find missing NIC and Wirless cards, get the drivers and install them. That one is big!! on internet, no chance to update things.

would be cool if for personal use I could get media center to work..or some type of media player ( media player classic comes to mind)

Another good thing would be audio.

any suggestions..

#70 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:14 PM

we should stop hijacking SkyBeams script thread.
RobertD0275, start a new thread here with a specific list of features you would like to have working and we will do our best to help if it is possible.

#71 RobertD0275

RobertD0275

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:34 PM

Here is the link to the new thread guys, help wil be appreciated

http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=9338

#72 XICO2KX

XICO2KX

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
    Portugal

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:29 PM

Great collection of scripts! :)
Any chance for you to release a script for Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset 6.5? :drunk:

#73 SkyBeam

SkyBeam

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:21 PM

Great collection of scripts! :)
Any chance for you to release a script for Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset 6.5? :drunk:

I think I will not be able to do it as part of my script collection. First of all MSDaRT is not free and available to volume subscribers only (AFAIK). So there is no way to integrate it in the same way I did with other scripts by downloading during the build process and integrating. Simply because there is no public download link available.
Including it within a script file will violate the terms of license so there is no way to legally provide it. Someone who owns an MSDaRT license might provide the script framework but it might require you to provide the binaries yourself.

In general MSDaRT is a toolset which comes with its own bootable ISO image. It could be integrated to a Win7RescuePE or any other PE CD by adding it to the boot menu.

So I am sorry to say that I not able to provide such a script at the moment and my script collection targets to use mainly freely available tools.

#74 XICO2KX

XICO2KX

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
    Portugal

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:22 PM

Ok, no problem, I understand! :drunk:
Thanks anyway! :)

#75 andex

andex

• Tutorial Writer
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Ethiopia

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:16 PM

I am having trouble of adding SkyBeam's scripts. Would you give me an idea how to intigrate them on Win7 Rescue PE?

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users