#26 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:20 PM

Cool; That's a great opportunity to test my thesis that the script should work with future versions too. PM 4.5 has been released this week so my script was still using 4.4 download URLs.

Unfortunately this seems to be one of the examples where it might fail. The reason is that (even the script I derived from) used pmagic/pmodules/pqmagic.sqfs to detect that the file is available. Unfortunately the PM project seems to have decided to rename "pmagic.sqfs" to "pmagic-4.5.sqfs".

So I decided now to check for "bzImage" which hopefully does not change its name (kernel). Please find an updated script within the first post attachment (I will update in a minute).

You might want to look at my version ... it downloaded 4.5 automatically. http://vistape.winbu...tedMagic.script.

#27 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:51 AM

Do you have skype installed on your local machine? The Skype script takes the "skype.exe" binary from your local machine (you can specify the path). Please install Skype first.

no thx, then I will not include this script. I'll never have a script for that I have to install the program

For OpenOffice.org such a hint is not requires since the script cannot automatically unpack the download. It needs a local installation and if you have one you will have the correct runtime anyway (which is then included by the script).

nope. I have OO installed on my machine and I have a runtime suitable for my system but it is not the right runtime for these scripts.

On other systems than Win7PE "netscan.exe" as well as "msacm32.dll" might have to be added manually.

see picture for the situation :loleverybody:

#28 SkyBeam

SkyBeam

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:13 PM

You might want to look at my version ... it downloaded 4.5 automatically. http://vistape.winbu...tedMagic.script.

Oh great, that's also quite a great way to do it. I see you're using a custom binary to check the latest version and compare it to the locally stored version (stored in ini). The advantage compared to my script is that it will automatically switch to the latest version while my one requires the user to define the download URL and press update once.

#29 SkyBeam

SkyBeam

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:26 PM

no thx, then I will not include this script. I'll never have a script for that I have to install the program

No problem with that. However I am not sure if it's even legal or permitted by Skype to redistribute skype binaries encoded within the script file. The download button on their homepage even leads to a web-downloader which will then download the final binaries during installation. Even the Skype full installer seems to be difficult or impossible to extract. Does somebody know how?

nope. I have OO installed on my machine and I have a runtime suitable for my system but it is not the right runtime for these scripts.

OK, so maybe on your Windows version another VC runtime is needed - strange. Could you try to find out which one? Using "sxtrace" command you can trace the versions in use by a binary.

In the meantime you could remove the check from the script. Change
[CopyRuntime]
Echo,"Processing %ProgramTitle%, copy system dependencies"
Echo,"Checking if required Visual C++ runtime is available"
If,NotExistDir,"%WindowsDir%\winsxs\%requiredCRT%",Begin
Message,"Error: Correct Visual C++ runtime could not be found on your local system",ERROR
Exit,"Could not locate required Visual C++ runtime."
Else,Begin
Echo,"Correct runtime found"
DirCopy,"%WindowsDir%\winsxs\x86*vc90*","%tw%\winsxs\"
DirCopy,"%WindowsDir%\winsxs\Manifests\x86*vc90*.manifest","%tw%\winsxs\Manifests\"
End

(oh, I just noticed that I did not correctly finish the first If...Begin block...)
to

[CopyRuntime]
DirCopy,"%WindowsDir%\winsxs\Manifests\x86*vc90*.manifest","%tw%\winsxs\Manifests\"

It's anyway including all winsxs Visual C++ Runtime editions available on the system. I just intended to check if the correct one is there too.

see picture for the situation ;)

Looks very strange, it claims it cannot locate the binary you just clicket :loleverybody:
I've seen similar (but not the same) problems if the temp folder was not accessible - check if "x:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Temp" exists.

#30 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:45 PM

[CopyRuntime]

I have files with version number 9.0.30729.1 and files with version number 9.0.21022.8, the last version number seems not to be ok

I've seen similar (but not the same) problems if the temp folder was not accessible - check if "x:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Temp" exists.

yes, directory exists

#31 SkyBeam

SkyBeam

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:43 PM

I have files with version number 9.0.30729.1 and files with version number 9.0.21022.8, the last version number seems not to be ok

On my local machine I have the following directories (in winsxs):
x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.21022.8_none_bcb86ed6ac711f91
x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.1_none_e163563597edeada
x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4926_none_508ed732bcbc0e5a
(not listing all x64 versions)

At least "9.0.30729.1" seems to be identical. Maybe OOo uses this one... You can try by simply changing
%requiredCRT%="x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.21022.8_none_bcb86ed6ac711f91"
to
%requiredCRT%="x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.1_none_e163563597edeada"

Then re-build Win7RescuePE. So you can check if OOo runs properly. If yes I will update the package.

#32 SkyBeam

SkyBeam

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:00 PM

I received a small "remark/complain" that I am using the name Win7RescuePE within the topic title. Probably the topic was slightly misleading. I do not intend to replace Win7RescuePE at all. Even the opposite is true: I fully rely on the work of Joshua I appreciate each single line of code contributed by Joshua and others. The scripts I was posting here are my personal extensions and I just put them here in order to share in the hope somebody would be able to make use of it.

My apologizes if I have offended anybody with this thread.

#33 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:19 PM

with both changes you proposed the script builds without error. But in my PE I got the following error seen on picture

#34 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:23 PM

Even the Skype full installer seems to be difficult or impossible to extract. Does somebody know how?

Universal Extractor?

#35 SkyBeam

SkyBeam

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:55 PM

with both changes you proposed the script builds without error. But in my PE I got the following error seen on picture

The picture (side-by-side configuration problem) clearly indicates that the correct runtime is not included in Win7RescuePE.

To track it down try the following.

- Open a command prompt (start => run => cmd.exe)
- type "sxstrace trace -logfile:x:\openoffice.log" (then keep the window open, it asks to press enter when you finish
- Open any OpenOffice program (Writer?)
- hit enter in the command prompt window to stop tracing
- type "sxstrace Parse -logfile:x:\openoffice.log -outfile:x:\openoffice.txt" within the command prompt

Then open x:\openoffice.txt with your favorite (or available :loleverybody:) text editor.

Usually at the bottom you see some "Error" entries which indicate the library which is missing. You might quote it here.

What is a bit strange to me is that if it's really related to the Visual C++ runtime, then you should have it installed on your machine and the script includes winsxs\*vc90* which includes all available runtimes. So if OpenOffice.org works on your local machine (your build host) then I would really like to know why it fails.

#36 SkyBeam

SkyBeam

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:05 PM

Universal Extractor?

It's included in the script set as well. So yes, I tried it. It detects an InstallShield archive but then it's unable to extract it. At least I did not manage yet.

#37 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:09 PM

afaik sxstrace is for vista and not for winxp ... i do not have this tracer installed on my winxp

#38 SkyBeam

SkyBeam

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:16 PM

afaik sxstrace is for vista and not for winxp ... i do not have this tracer installed on my winxp

Now I am confused slightly. I was talking about Win7RescuePE from the beginning which is based on Windows 7 sources (no XP, no Vista). And here sxstrace is available for sure. Or do you talk about your build (host) system? The sxstrace command should be executed within the PE environment where it is available (Windows 7) and not on the build system (which might be XP).

#39 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:24 AM

ok, sorry, my fault ...
here is the fault:
FEHLER: Der Verweis "Microsoft.VC90.CRT,processorArchitecture="X86",publickeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8"" kann nicht aufgelöst werden

#40 SkyBeam

SkyBeam

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:58 AM

here is the fault:

FEHLER: Der Verweis "Microsoft.VC90.CRT,processorArchitecture="X86",publickeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8"" kann nicht aufgelöst werden

So actually it should be fine to include "x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.21022.8_none_bcb86ed6ac711f91" (version 9.0.21022.8, public key token 1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b). I will check when I am back home.

Does %SystemRoot%\winsxs\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.21022.8_none_bcb86ed6ac711f91 (c:\windows\winsxs\...) exist on your build machine where you create Win7RescuePE?

#41 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:18 AM

no, it does not ... what I have:
x86_Microsoft.VC90.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.21022.8_x-ww_d08d0375
x86_Microsoft.VC90.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30304.0_x-ww_003f2b36
x86_Microsoft.VC90.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.1_x-ww_6f74963e

#42 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:56 AM

Here are the ones I have:

x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.21022.8_none_bcb86ed6ac711f91
x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.1_none_e163563597edeada
x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4148_none_5090ab56bcba71c2
x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4926_none_508ed732bcbc0e5a

Looks like the none variant is more common.

#43 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:12 PM

afaik my versions are from here:
http://www.microsoft...0d-3802b2af5fc2

#44 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:26 PM

My versions are from installing VS2008 + Sp1.

#45 SkyBeam

SkyBeam

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 22 September 2009 - 05:08 PM

This seems to make it extremely difficult to check if a specific version is available. Especially since I've been unsuccessful to use wildcards in If conditions using WinBuilder.
Something like
If,NotExistDir,"%WindowsDir%\winsxs\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_*9.0.21022.8*",Begin
did not work for me.

So currently one could disable the check of the OOo package by changing

[CopyRuntime]
Echo,"Checking if required Visual C++ runtime is available"
If,NotExistDir,"%WindowsDir%\winsxs\%requiredCRT%",Begin
Message,"Error: Correct Visual C++ runtime could not be found on your local system",ERROR
Exit,"Could not locate required Visual C++ runtime."
End
Else,Begin
End

to

[CopyRuntime]

This should include all runtime versions. So as long as there is one which works with OpenOffice.org it should work. However this does not allow the script to warn the user if the required runtime could not be found (it's also not part of boot.wim/install.wim, so it needs to be copied from the local Windows installation). Since my OOo package requires a local installation anyway currently this should not be a problem. Unfortunately it remains a problem for Wireshark and Avira AntiVirus which does not have to be installed in order to use the script, so the required runtime might be missing from the local Windows installation.

#46 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 September 2009 - 05:48 PM

Something like
If,NotExistDir,"%WindowsDir%\winsxs\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_*9.0.21022.8*",Begin
did not work for me.

It is not implemented (yet)

Put it into the bug tracker under 'requests'.

I think that this is a reasonable feature I'll try to add next WB version.

Peter

#47 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:14 PM

It is not implemented (yet)

Put it into the bug tracker under 'requests'.

I think that this is a reasonable feature I'll try to add next WB version.

Peter

If I may, a reasonable feature would be Regular Expressions, ans an explicit switch to activate the feature, I foresee newbies using the wildcard in an inappropriate way, copying files that shouldn't be copied....
:loleverybody:

jaclaz

#48 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:25 PM

... a reasonable feature would be Regular Expressions ...

You are trying to schedule my next two years ...

But 'Regular Expressions' is an issue worth to think about ... :loleverybody:

Peter

#49 SkyBeam

SkyBeam

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:51 PM

You are trying to schedule my next two years ...

Hmm, somehow this reminds me of my own OpenSource projects... it's time consuming.
That's actually why I try to be careful adding "random feature requests".

But 'Regular Expressions' is an issue worth to think about ... :loleverybody:

Yes, I would vote for it too. Maybe implementing it in a way that string in the form "/.../" are processed as regular expressions. On windows this does not even collide with paths since \ is used instead of /. This would prevent people "accidentally" using it.
However that's just one way (maybe not even the best) to do it. In general it's a bit out of scope here and should be placed in a tracker to discuss it there.

#50 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:56 PM

You are adding the third year! :loleverybody:

I hope am rather sure that yout 'imaginations' can be fullfilled.

Peter B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users