PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:52 PM

Let me try to explain
With Multi 7 PEs you can build from a number of sources.
All ISOs will be named 7pe.iso-----
FIX with Winbuilder Version 078 SP5 ISO files can now be renamed in Source\Paths when or at the same time Source files are changed

All Win7 projects use the same Grub4Dos Win7PE label to boot
Fix with Win7RescuePE - Win7RescuePE will be correctly displayed in Grub boot list

Did anyone else notice this?

I tried changing Volume Name in Create ISO script or with source/paths

Changing Source and nameing or renaming of ISO's
Fix with Putting "00-5_ISO_Name_Dynamic.script" to "Finalize" folder (check - post 39)

With a Win7pe I also tried to add the contents of a different project file after Win7 in grub4dos menu list.

But I do not think this works right because of the naming problem,, can Win7Pe change?

I have a Win7Pe ISO and chicked add files and point to the vista build in target ,, it does copy and add files to the exciting iso but when booted the showed up as files on the CD drive under Win7

New script (ISO management)
can be found here
http://www.boot-land...showtopic=10156

Edited a few times --- does any of this make sence???

#2 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:25 PM

Edited a few times --- does any of this make sence???

No, not really (at least to me)...

What are you trying to end up with? Maybe if we start there, we can work backwards to how you get there.

As a guess, are you trying to put more than one Win7 project onto a single CD/DVD? Or are you trying to add in additional applications to an existing project without rebuilding? Or is it something else?

Scott

#3 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:19 PM

OK I try

After you build a Win7Pe project with Vista source selected, and with tools for Vista included like M$ dart, recovery console, (scripts that work with Vista)
The ISO should be saved as Win7VistaPE or something and this should be reflected in the Grub4Dos boot list.

Then build a Win7Pe with Windows 7 may have different tools (dart 6.5) and of course recovery console

Save images or ISO so that and you don’t have to build a new ISO every time, Just burn saved image

Since Mulit Win7Pe can be used to build from multiple sources each change of source could be a different saved ISO of that build.

Kind of like how target folder has different folders for RescuePE and Win7Pe

I tried changing Volume Name in Create ISO (not sure this does anything)

Grub4Dos (multiboot) options…says add the contents of this file after Win7 in grub4-dos menu.lst……????

So does Multi Win7PE …4-create ISO really have grub4DOS (multiboot) Options if so I cant get it to work ,,,,,

#4 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:39 PM

This is odd to
I took a working Win7Pe after build and added files like it says in 4-Create ISO script. I took a target folder from another VistaPE-Core build and added it.

This booted to Win7Pe and in my computer under the CD drive I found some of the VistaPE-Core files,, strange!

The idea here was to try to make a Multi boot my old Visatpe-core and Win7

I have this habit of trying different things maybe I should stop?

#5 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:44 PM

After you build a Win7Pe project with Vista source selected, and with tools for Vista included like M$ dart, recovery console, (scripts that work with Vista)
The ISO should be saved as Win7VistaPE or something and this should be reflected in the Grub4Dos boot list.

I *hope* you mean from the Win7 source, since I'm not sure that the ISO would be OK (yes, vista and Win7 are very similar, but I wouldn't want to chance it...) :dubbio:

Then build a Win7Pe with Windows 7 may have different tools (dart 6.5) and of course recovery console

Save images or ISO so that and you don’t have to build a new ISO every time, Just burn saved image

Since Mulit Win7Pe can be used to build from multiple sources each change of source could be a different saved ISO of that build.

Yes, that would be a good idea - i.e. if the change of source somehow triggered a change in the ISO image name...

Kind of like how target folder has different folders for RescuePE and Win7Pe

Well, these are actually separate projects...so not sure it is the same, but...

I tried changing Volume Name in Create ISO (not sure this does anything)

This should change the name of the ISO file that was built off of the target directory, and should be enough...

Grub4Dos (multiboot) options…says add the contents of this file after Win7 in grub4-dos menu.lst……????

So does Multi Win7PE …4-create ISO really have grub4DOS (multiboot) Options if so I cant get it to work ,,,,,

I guess the simple answer is yes and no...It allows you to add more things to the image, and to create an addition to the menu.lst file, BUT you have to do a lot more manual work to combine things - i.e. it's not push button here.

I think that if you made all correctly booting ISO images, AND you made the menu.lst to boot them and manually made it work by using the same tools to make a bootable CD image, then you could add them to the multi-boot project, and have it do that work for you on the LAST "WIM" file and "CD" it created...But, if you have already gone to the trouble of making the grub/menu.lst and collection of ISO images, seems like overkill to try to have the multiOS one do it for you.

But, in general, I think you are asking it to attempt something it wasn't designed for. To me, it is more for doing something like including memtest or parted magic or some other "bootable" image, and not for including a lot of ISO's that were previously built.

Now, maybe, if you put everything as "run from RAM", so it gets put into the booted "wim" file, and you looked at the thread about booting into different WIMs using EasyBCD, that might be an alternative...

Good Luck

#6 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:02 AM

In Multi Win7Pe you can chose different sources to build from

You can build from either
Windows 7 source files or Vista source files
These are the only 2 I have tried so far,, both boot .. both ISOs will be called 7PE.iso
In the ISO folder

Both boot and use same Gurb4DOS menu listing – Win7PE

But when booted both are different and have different back rounds
But most scripts do work with both source builds

Thanks

#7 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:02 AM

These are the only 2 I have tried so far,, both boot .. both ISOs will be called 7PE.iso
In the ISO folder

Yes, given how similar they are, it's very likely that they would both "build" OK.

The ISO name is just the name of the ISO - you could easily rename it, and that can be done in the finalize script "Create ISO" by changing the volume name parameter...

BUT, this doesn't affect the grub menu, since that is pointing to the internals of the ISO, so again, we look at the create ISO script - specifically the grub4dos section (In the Multi 7PE, that starts at line 143)

Here, you can see at line 181 that it is creating the label for Win7PE, and all it is doing is calling the default windows bootloader (/BOOTMGR). Then there are a lot of other lines of code (that maybe should be documented?) that add other labels IF it finds the code to run them (things like parted magic, reactos, etc) look at 186 and following to see what it is looking for in the target directory, and you could copy it into that place by using the "Copy Files" script in the build section.

then in 219 thru 250 it is adding in a lot of other grub labels to search for key files and to boot those OS's - presumable off of the hard drive of the system being "rescued". And back on line 184 is where it will copy in another file of grub commands you have already prepared.

So, if you had other files already prepared (and copied onto the image), you could put in the commands to boot them. But it's really focused on other OS's, and not multiple PE's (that use Boot.wim as the main boot image)

One way to do this is to (as I suggested) rename the iso images and use the technique outlined in the following post Multiple PE >2.x on single image This would allow you to add into the last PE build you did the other images you made earlier.

Another way is to extract the "boot.wim" file that would be loaded into RAM (which is why I suggested the Force all programs to RAM option on the extended config script, which puts the files into the boot.wim as opposed to just putting them onto the CD folders. But again, here you would have to build them all, extract them all, and rename them, THEN muck with the BCD file to allow the bootmgr to give you a menu to select the right one...See this post that disccusses how to make bootable disk with several, different WIMs from different MSDart`s?

But as I said, this is not "pushbutton" by any means...

#8 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:56 AM

In the ISO folder

But when booted both are different and have different back rounds
But most scripts do work with both source builds

Thanks

The name "Multi7PE" is a bit misleading. Your right. It means the 7PE can be built from a multitude of sources - everything from Vista x86 through to Win7 x64 (I guess, because I haven't tried it.) Usually "multi" referred to multi-boot rather than multi-source.

You should be able to change the name of the final ISO by going to winbulder's "Source" Tab, and changing only the filename under "ISO file (%ISOFile%)". (Using the Folder icon to browse for the file may not work, and exact instructions may depend on the version of winbulder.exe being used.) However, if the ISO filename is, somewhere in some script, hardcoded, there would be problems. Doing this successfully does not solve the problem though.

VistaPE had the option to multiboot other OSes like ReactOS and FreeDOS using Grub4DOS, and I assume that Win7PE Projects have inherited this capability. However, the ability of Grub4DOS to boot ISO files is relatively new, and I would be surprised if Win7PE Projects have implemented it.

For multibooting different Projects based on WinPE 2/3, it would be better to use Windows Boot Manager to boot the bootable WIM files of the different Projects.

Recently, someone asked about a script written by 2aCD which allows multi-wim-boot, and it should work OK with VistaPE and Win7PE.

Multi-WIM-Support, boot with several WIM-files The hardest part might be grabbing hold of the various WIM files, and the script is only set up for two extras.

Sounds like a good project for someone to implement this into Win7PE - so it can be "multi-source => multi-boot" (if not already - I have never tried Win7PE).

Regards :dubbio:

BTW, sbaeder your two links point to the same topic which doesn't give a lot of detail. Are there more (better) discussions around?

#9 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:40 AM

Hi allenf
When I look thro Create ISO script I see bartspe and also windows98
yes this script could be gone over,,,

Create ISO script works with the Main Configuration script and the Extended Configuration script.

Main Configuration you pick boot manager from a list.
Extended Configuration ??

I look at all this tomorrow,,

Thanks

#10 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:58 AM

Hi allenf
When I look thro Create ISO script I see bartspe and also windows98
yes this script could be gone over,,,

Create ISO script works with the Main Configuration script and the Extended Configuration script.

Main Configuration you pick boot manager from a list.
Extended Configuration ??

I look at all this tomorrow,,

Thanks

Yes. Those optional Grub4DOS entries look like they were inherited from NightMan's Multiboot VistaPE (v11, think was the first multiboot), along with the ReactOS, FreeDOS, etc options.

But, I'm fairly sure that none of these "Other OSes" were booted as ISO files from Grub4DOS. They required some preparation from the winbuilder-user before they could be included as multiboot options - I think ReactOS needed to be installed on the host, for instance. I could be wrong - it would seem that BartPE would have been provided to the project as an ISO file. But, generally, Grub4DOS was booting non-ISO filesystems.

The Multi-WIM-Boot option using Windows Boot Manager is the most natural in tems of having the option to multiboot Win7PE and VistaPE (x86 and/or x64) from the same media - CD, DVD, HDD or PXE.

... requires further investigation. I'll try to find the scripts and have a look too!

#11 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:32 AM

BTW, sbaeder your two links point to the same topic which doesn't give a lot of detail. Are there more (better) discussions around?

Sorry - must have pasted without cutting...First one was a recent (but short post) that basically waid you could use grub4dos to boot the different ISOs...not much else...Second one was the longer discussion...I haven't seen much other info on making this "easy"...(again sorry)...

#12 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:28 PM

Ok i built a Win7pe
then tried to
-change Volume Name in create ISO script,,
-save new configuration in Main Configuration
-create ISO
i clicked create a new iso, ZIP looks like it was saved BUT nuttin, happen
same old 7pe.iso

this time i changed Volume Name first or before build - save changes and built
same old 7pe.iso

Point is changing Volume Name and Createing a new ISO dont work in Create ISO script

You should be able to change the name of the final ISO by going to winbulder's "Source" Tab, and changing only the filename under "ISO file (%ISOFile%)".

ok makes sence ,, when you change Source you also change ISO file name under Source ISO file (%ISOfile%)
I will give that a try next

#13 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:28 PM

ok makes sence ,, when you change Source you also change ISO file name under Source ISO file (%ISOfile%)
I will give that a try next

No this did not work either,,, 7pe ISO must be hard coded some where,, more later ,,,bc of snow,,,

#14 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:22 PM

No this did not work either,,, 7pe ISO must be hard coded some where,, more later ,,,bc of snow,,,

That's a bit weird. You may need to go back to winbuilder 076 for things to work as expected.

I can't see anywhere that the ISO filename is hardcoded. The mkisofs command uses the variable %ISOFile% which is not changed (re-SET) in any script as far as I and AgentRanSack can see.

The variable can be changed in the [Main] Section of script.project, but who knows if that would work!? There have been some bizarre alterations to the workings of winbuilder.

Another alternative is to find the final ISO file and change it's name manually.

The "volume name" would be the label of the CD/DVD Drive that you see after you burn the ISO to the CD/DVD.

#15 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 31 December 2009 - 04:00 PM

Hi PaPeuser,

I uploaded 4-iso.script of Win7Rescue to have more correct title name on grub4dos etc. (Win7Rescue)

about multi iso name:
Currently both LiveXP and nativeex_barabone uses different iso file name for different iso creation.
There are different techniques, LiveXP and nativeex_barabone uses 2 different ways. (well infact LiveXP uses a mixture :))
yahoouk asked how to do and both me and Peter informed yahoouk in detail.
But as you know, yahoouk is busy, I am sure this will be added to multi7project.

for a quick answer, my prefered method would be using a script before createiso and after build sections,
giving simple example:

Set,%ISOfile%,%basedir%\ISO\PaPeuser.iso,Permanent

on LiveXP, I use isofile name referenced from script.project when giving names

giving example:

IniRead,%ProjectDir%\script.project,Main,ISOfile,%ISOfilefromScriptProject%
strformat,filename,%ISOfilefromScriptProject%,%ISOFileName_W_Extension%
StrFormat,Split,%ISOFileName_W_Extension%,.,1,%ISOFileName_Wout_Extension%
Set,%ISOFileGivenName%,%ISOFileName_Wout_Extension%_PaPeuser.ISO
Set,%ISOfile%,%ISODir%\%ISOFileGivenName%,Permanent

Here _PaPeuser can be changed to source type and architecture with more scripting
example:
7PE_Vista_x86.iso
7PE_Vista_x64.iso
7PE_Win7_x86.iso
7PE_Win7_x64.iso
7PE_2008_x86.iso
7PE_2008_x64.iso

maybe you would like to add language info too :)

Keep in mind, yahoouk will do something for different iso filenames (and probably labels on bootloaders) in future.

ps: above codes not fullly tested, If something goes wrong DELETE %ISOfile% line from script.project [variables] section. Using "permanent" addings are dangerous and need precautions. ;)

btw, you can go back to wb076 but you will see nothing changed about that,
but do not forget, wb076 is the ultimate winbuilder for allanf and wb077rc2 is the ultimate winbuilder for me :)

#16 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:41 PM

Hi PaPeuser,

I uploaded 4-iso.script of Win7Rescue to have more correct title name on grub4dos etc. (Win7Rescue)

Oh. Please, NO!. Not another series of scripts named "Lancelot"!?

;) :) :)

#17 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 01 January 2010 - 09:45 AM

Hi allanf,

As written, the correction on 4-iso.script about the title (title name on grub4dos). Joshua probably forgot to change title name on grub4dos menu.lst , so I only changed it from Win7pe to Win7RescuePE. This has nothing about winbuilder.exe but it seems you highly tend to understand (react) every issue responsible from winbuilder !!! I guess you need to stop and think before fart-assing comments on issues.

How you can think I did not try wb076 :) please keep your "big mouth shut" ..... ;) :)

About winbuilder:
There is no rule that says you have to use latest version.
Rule is, for any project you have to use project's version.
And any individual can make any project with any winbuilder version s(h)e likes too.

Everybody can find projects on boot-land which can only run smoothly with winbuilder 078SP4,077RC2, 076, 074, 072, 056 etc.....
Well since these projects were not deleted by an alienpig , it is not a big problem changing wb version for the projects.

Btw, I am not also happy with fixing things for new wb versions, besides any active development have these trouble time to time. (As far as i know, some old autoit3 scripts needs older versions too). As a result any thing made with these active developments can be called beta crap but calling the developers "guinea pigs" is not nice. People spend a looooot of their free time to develop and share things uncommercially and they do not delete from servers. Going back to winbuilder, I made a looooooooooot of discussions about the new features of new winbuilders instead of leaving boot-land by deleting my files on servers. :)

Giving example:
Recently a close friend tried to build win7rescue (joshua) and after a lot of trials failed.
Than he said "shit project" with reason "a good project should need one click."
and I wrote him "than you are shit" knowing a project admin spend a looooot time on developement and also knowing win7rescue builds without much issue.

Giving another example:
When I tried pe21..g , I get many bugies but
I never think "ahaaa, this is a beta crap and suspect is guinea alienpig",
instead I think "ahaaa, a nice idea for a project but requires some minor fixes" and made these minor fixes...

Well these are my personal opinions :)

#18 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:31 PM

How you can think I did not try wb076 :) please keep your "big mouth shut" ..... ;) :)

It's not real clear whether you tried winbuilder 076 or not. If you did, you would see that the %ISOFile% variable can simply be changed under the "Source" tab - as I explained to PaPeuser, with the proviso that this expected behaviour may have been broken. ... :) ...

Regards :)

#19 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:57 PM

Hello
In my original posts I was only looking to point out that the Create ISO script was not working as intended. Sorry I did not get point across in first few posts, I am not a fancy typist or even a fancy MS tech.

Back when 512 ram was unheard of, I used bartspe and I had more then one ISO I saved, 1 min build and 1 with more options. Xpe came along and again I saved different ISO

With Vista I used different WB folders – as WB was being updated almost daily.

With Win7 I noticed if I built Win7 and RescuePE from same WB folder it over wrote the ISO
Then I started looking at Create ISO script.
And I noticed

Changing name in source output had no effect
I could not change ISO name in create ISO script
I take it changing Volume Name change might work on a CD (I have not tried that yet as I use USB)

Then I looked at the Grub4dos section found
Add the contents of this file after win7 in grub4dos menu.lst
The interface of Create ISO script is new in Win7 builds and very confusing. I always added files to a build with add contents of Custom folder. So I tried it out and I am still not sure what this option does. One thing I did try was to add vistape folder from the target folder,
Just for the heck of it!!
Works, boots - Strange results

I like burning a saved trusted ISO instead of rebuilding every time,

Then I started looking at script, and here we are

Change ISO name manually
Burin ISO with another program
OK no problem

Happy News Years All

End of Story

#20 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 01:44 PM

End of Story

Not quite!

And, sorry for the interruptions! ... :) ...

I spent a long time downloading projects just to see if I could find out what the problem is (or was.) There were errors and annoying pop-ups for hours, and even now, the download center is saying that I haven't a complete download. Then, when I'd had enough, someone announced that they'd changed some-or-other unspecified something on some server, because of some weird bug or something-or-other. It was an ordeal, and I won't be downloading again, but I think I'm with you now.

The "Add the contents of this file after Win7 in grub4dos' menu.lst:" does this:
If,ExistFile,"%pFileBox1%",ShellExecute,Hide,#$qcmd.exe#$q,"/c copy /b #$q%MenuFile_GRUB%#$q + #$q%pFileBox1%#$q #$q%MenuFile_GRUB%#$q"

That is, it combines the grub4dos menu.lst with another file, effectively adding another entry, or other entries, to the menu.lst. So, the file to add should contain the entries you wish to add to the grub4dos menu.lst.

Sounds pretty neat! And maybe you can do something with this to boot an ISO or two!

The Volume Name is what you see in Windows Explorer when you go to "[My] Computer" and look at your optical drive after you've burnt the ISO to CD/DVD. It's just a label. If there was no label, all you'd see is D: or whatever. If you make the Volume Name as "PaPeuser Win7PE", then that's what you'd see. It has nothing to do with the name of the ISO file.

Maybe "The End" now?

Regards ;)

#21 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:33 PM

Hi allanf,

I wrote looooong time before (before you went out of boot-land and delete things around) that I agree with your criticism
but I DO NOT approve the ugly and unfriendly things you are doing (and did) by giving names etc. I do not think you have an adequate attitute to make friendly communication.

Probably you do not know (or intentionally pretend not knowing), psc and I still discuss and sometimes (or most of the time) do not agree on things on many things not only about winbuilder but also project scripts (reminding we share scripts between projects). I guess me and psc made the longest boxings on boot-land history. :)

But probably you will still hear yourself instead of reading my posts and reply here (or elsewhere) with your childish ugly attitute.
I hope you stop doing this kind of things.

for others who do not know:
allanf is the project admin of pe21 project.
With the development after wb076 made by psc, now pe21 project can not be processed with wb versions higher than 076.
Reason was an undocumented syntax which is working with wb076 but not working versions over wb076.
allanf can not remember now (maybe the blood on eyes spread to some part of brains too) that I strongly supported undocumented syntax become real and there was a topic about that. (also there are other discussion topics about the development routine)
BUT
allanf did not respond good for the midway approaches and after a while leave boot-land for some time (I guess ~6 months) and deleted his project from servers. ;)
Now
allanf is back and uses every relevant/irrelevant topic to disturb psc.
(in fact, in the past psc was doing the same thing to me)

I was happy when allanf came back, but seeing him making these stupid actions is not nice.
At least I am glad allanf is the only one who does such things around.

I spent a long time downloading projects just to see if I could find out what the problem is (or was.) There were errors and annoying pop-ups for hours, and even now, the download center is saying that I haven't a complete download.

I just made 2 complete downloads with wb078sp2.
multi7pe --> ended without trouble, winbuilder shows files needed to download, reason of the issue is the project admin (yahoouk) since he used ascii method to upload some files. (informed loong time ago). Well even with the files shown on list, this do not cause bad things on build. If you search around you may also find some replies I wrote to warn admins.
win7rescuePE --> Whole download ended without trouble and no files left on download list.
winbuilder download mechanism --> I made numerous requests for "try to download again" option for winbuilder download mechanism like other downloaders do. Sometimes scripts can not be downloaded either because of main server (winbuilder.net) or hostos internet activity or ISP or... and there happens winbuilder warning screen with stopping the download....
Request probably posponed because of not being "serious" and I do not remind all the time.

@all
sorry for the interruptions! :)

#22 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:33 PM

@PaPeuser

With Win7 I noticed if I built Win7 and RescuePE from same WB folder it over wrote the ISO
Then I started looking at Create ISO script.

This does not happen here, I just made a build first with multi7pe and than with rescuepe with using same winbuilder, 7PE.iso and Win7RescuePE.iso created as expected.

Happy News Years All

End of Story

Anyway, I am glad you solved. :)

#23 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:50 PM

Regards and a happy new year to you too! :)

#24 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:54 PM

@allanf
I am happy to see good old & useful posts on topics from members that are not currently active, please continue your great helpful behaviour. :)

#25 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:58 PM

@PaPeuser

This does not happen here, I just made a build first with multi7pe and than with rescuepe with using same winbuilder, 7PE.iso and Win7RescuePE.iso created as expected.

Anyway, I am glad you solved. :)

Hi
What I should have said,,,,
Is with both projects when booted come up having the same boot listing in Grub4Dos boot list.

I have up 3 problems

Win7 iso can not be renamed thro Create script or changing ISO name in source

I should be able to rename ISO to be saved and click Create a new ISO file with a different name.

In interface of 4- create ISO
Grub4Dos (multiboot) options
Add the contents of this file after Win7 in Grub4dos’ menu.lst:

Well 4 if you count the listed same in Grub4Dos boot screen

You are correct saved ISO for rescuePe is changed ,, just not in boot list

Win7 and RescuePE have same boot listing in grub at boot time,,

Not sure you understand,,,, sorry this whole mess is my fault i will take responsibility

This is my end of story

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users