2 replies to this topic

#1 Sellersm

Sellersm
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:25 PM

hello, My name is Marc, I am new to Unbuntu, although I have installed it on a few machines, I own a small IT business, and have always loved open source, however my work requiresme to use what people want and always that is windows, so now that I have more time ( able to hire two full time employees) I am trying to get more into the world of open source. I have very knowledable about hardware, and windows based OSes, TCP/IP in general. However I have never even MESSED with unix flavored OSes besides shell accounts in the early 90s or shutting down a few server. any help would be great.

currently I am working on trying to create a bootable version of Ubuntu, however I run your wonderful little program, and I get "preformed an illigal application" in windows xp sp 3 (also tried it on an SP2 machine) to no avail, so I'm confused. I have a 64GB flash drive I'd like to make bootable. Any help would be great.....

Attached Thumbnails

• unerror.PNG

#2 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:19 PM

First thing welcome. :poke:

You may want to check "common sense advice" appended to Board Rules:
http://www.boot-land...?act=boardrules
with particular regard to point #d.

You are talking about UNETBOOTIN, right? :poke:

Some good soul moved your post here, though there is no mention on the app in your post (which was in "Hello World").

jaclaz

#3 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:16 PM

Hello Marc, welcome to boot land!

Usually the "Hello World" section is used simply for saying hello and talking a bit about yourself so that other members get to know you a bit better (optional) and then you can open a completely new topic dedicated to the actual technical discussion.

@jaclaz, I moved the topic to the correct location but needed to leave the computer before completing my topic reply.

currently I am working on trying to create a bootable version of Ubuntu, however I run your wonderful little program, and I get "preformed an illigal application" in windows xp sp 3 (also tried it on an SP2 machine) to no avail, so I'm confused. I have a 64GB flash drive I'd like to make bootable. Any help would be great.....

This is strange. Do you mean it hangs when starting up or while using it?

Are you sure that the program was downloaded 100% without errors?

I would suggest trying to grab a new copy of the program or perhaps trying to run it from a XP OS inside a virtual machine like VirtualBox just to check if the program is running inside the virtual machine or not.

This way we can clear any doubt that this isn't related to your work environment.

--

In alternative, you should be able to run the Ubuntu version of Unetbootin to get things done.. :poke:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users