Photo

full Universal xp.vhd run from usb - Finally work for me! (maybe for you too...)

• Please log in to reply
486 replies to this topic

#476 reboot12

reboot12

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 287 posts
  • Interests:WinXP, Debian, OpenWrt, gPXE, iPXE, BIOS, UEFI, Coreboot, MS VirtualPC, VMware
  •  
    Poland

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:33 PM

OK, I've made all the changes to the INF file and now driver install correctly and after reboot have no BSOD :-) but I do not want to make any changes to the registry regarding Prefetch. How should the INF file if you do not want to make changes to Prefetch?

#477 cdob

cdob

Gold Member

• Expert
  • 1469 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:00 PM

OK, I've made all the changes to the INF file and now driver install correctly and after reboot have no BSOD :-)

Yes, the driver is installed that way.

I do not want to make any changes to the registry regarding Prefetch. How should the INF file if you do not want to make changes to Prefetch?

Are you sure? Post #366
http://reboot.pro/to...-15#entry133579

At own risk: comment the registry lines: add a semicolon before HKLM
;HKLM

#478 reboot12

reboot12

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 287 posts
  • Interests:WinXP, Debian, OpenWrt, gPXE, iPXE, BIOS, UEFI, Coreboot, MS VirtualPC, VMware
  •  
    Poland

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

I know that registry settings solves the problem PFN but I noticed so far PFN problem does not appear in my last tests. I would like to test OS without registry patch to find the cause of the PFN BSOD. My tests:

MS VPC2007, VHD 4GB FAT32, OS default installed, no any changes in OS settings -> PFN BSOD after 2-3 reboot

VMware Workstation 8, VMDK 4GB FAT32, ----------------------- "" ------------------------ -> PFN BSOD after 2-3 reboot

MS VPC2007, VHD 4GB NTFS, OS configured - e.g. disable some services - > PFN BSOD still not appears after 10 or more WinXP reboot :-) :-) (without the use of Prefetch registry patch from the INF file)

OS settings made after install:

Control Panel:

• Autoupdate - off
  • sysoc.inf (delete HIDE) and uninstall some components
  • speed keyboard and mouse
  • System restore - off
  • Schedule tasks - off
  • some Folder options
  • cosmetics settings e.g. My Computer window

Services switch off:

• Aktualizacje automatyczne
  • Bufor wydruku
  • Centrum zabezpieczeń
  • Harmonogram zadań
  • Klient DHCP
  • Konfiguracja zerowej sieci bezprzewodowej
  • Przeglądarka komputera
  • Rejestr zdalny
  • Usługa czas systemu Windows
  • Usługa odnajdywania SSDP
  • Usługa przywracania systemu
  • WebClient
  • Zapora systemu Windows/Udostępnianie połączenia internetowego
  • Zgodność szybkiego przełączania użytkowników

Edited by reboot12, 17 April 2014 - 07:30 PM.

#479 cdob

cdob

Gold Member

• Expert
  • 1469 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:24 PM

I know that registry settings solves the problem PFN but I noticed so far PFN problem does not appear in my last tests. I would like to test OS without registry patch to find the cause of the PFN BSOD.

Disabling prefetch dosn't solve the issue, it's a work around.
The true reason is unknown still. Can be a timing error.
Even driver load order at the same machine makes a difference.
More tests are highly welcome, thanks.

#480 reboot12

reboot12

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 287 posts
  •  
    Poland

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:28 AM

I make new tests for PFN BSOD. I found other way to prevent appearing PFN_LIST_CORRUPT :-) It's necessary delete all files from C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch folder and disable service Task Scheduler. The files .PF are created during the startup one of program or service. Service Task Scheduler is responsible for creating .PF files.

This means that data in one or several files PF cause PFN BSOD.

For now, I do not know exactly which file .PF causes confusion. Maybe this is Notepad, Calculator, MS Paint .PF file or file another application. I need explore this :-)

To found which file PF make PFN BSOD is simple. Only need restore from Recycle Bin files one by one each time restarting the system.

I found a file that causes confusion: NTOSBOOT-B00DFAAD.pf

5183006m.png

Edited by reboot12, 20 April 2014 - 10:58 AM.

#481 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:32 PM

Just in case:

http://www.nirsoft.n...fetch_view.html

Also, maybe related, but possibly NOT :ph34r:

https://web.archive....tosboot.cmd.txt

http://www.mydefrag....hp?topic=4200.0

:duff:

Wonko

#482 reboot12

reboot12

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 287 posts
  •  
    Poland

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:52 AM

Another option is set EnablePrefetcher DWORD=1 not 0. 1 is cache only for application. Then no need disable Task Scheduler and delete not any files .PF from Prefetch folder.

#483 reboot12

reboot12

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 287 posts
  •  
    Poland

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:00 AM

I read this article and after add wvblk32.sys to Driver Verifier this make BSOD D5 - DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL

5285263m.png

Edited by reboot12, 21 April 2014 - 06:15 AM.

#484 extremewlo

extremewlo
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

Guys can somebody help me about this topic?

i had done all the things what ppl say.

i format my usb 3.0 driver

i did create xp vhd

i made grub install on usb

all done and after i start install side i didnt format disk. it was 2 gb so.

after all done it back to continue install i got just black screen it doesnt start anything.

first thing i have 4 windows xp. 2 of them i got just black screen and 2 other one i got bluescreen.,

almost 2 day im on it but i got nothing working on it just failing alot and im trying with 2 lappy and 1 pc :(

#485 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:22 PM

Guys can somebody help me about this topic?

i had done all the things what ppl say.

i format my usb 3.0 driver

i did create xp vhd

i made grub install on usb

all done and after i start install side i didnt format disk. it was 2 gb so.

after all done it back to continue install i got just black screen it doesnt start anything.

first thing i have 4 windows xp. 2 of them i got just black screen and 2 other one i got bluescreen.,

almost 2 day im on it but i got nothing working on it just failing alot and im trying with 2 lappy and 1 pc :(

If I were you (advice that I give to anyone approaching this) I would forget (temporarily) about the manual method and try instead the fully automated tool/app that wimb provides.

As long as you do not introduce variations/changes, it has worked fine for everyone.

Once you have succeeded (and you have a working setup), then come back to this thread/method and check the differences between what you have built with the tool and what you build manually.

See here:

http://reboot.pro/to...-and-windows-7/

http://www.911cd.net...showtopic=23553

Wonko

#486 extremewlo

extremewlo
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:54 PM

If I were you (advice that I give to anyone approaching this) I would forget (temporarily) about the manual method and try instead the fully automated tool/app that wimb provides.

As long as you do not introduce variations/changes, it has worked fine for everyone.

Once you have succeeded (and you have a working setup), then come back to this thread/method and check the differences between what you have built with the tool and what you build manually.

See here:

http://reboot.pro/to...-and-windows-7/

http://www.911cd.net...showtopic=23553

Wonko

0. Run IMG_XP.exe and Extract to simple path on your Local Harddisk - gives folder IMG_XP
1. Use IMX_XPmakebtimdiskinst.exe to Install ImDisk driver (if not present)
- Imdisk is used by USB_XP_Fix.exe to mount VHD and HDD Image files in a virtual drive
2. Run VHD_XP_Create.exe to create XP-1.vhd and Grub4dos Boot Menu for Install of XP in VHD

- Boot Drive - FAT32 or NTFS - can be USB-stick so that there are no changes needed in the Windows installation on the internal harddisk
- System Drive - NTFS - where VHD file is created e.g your internal harddisk drive
- XP Setup ISO file - located on internal harddisk drive so that fast loading into RAM is enabled
3. Reboot and in Grub4dos menu select Start XP Setup on XP-1.vhd - WinVBlock driver

- XP-1.vhd has already NTFS compressed format, so you should NOT format at Setup, just keep settings
- Format XP-1.img inside XP Setup cannot be used, it results in corrupt message
4. After Reboot select Continue XP Setup and then Reboot to Start XP from Image XP-1.vhd

i did what they say in this topic until step 4. as i say before. i have 4 xp cd and 3 pc all integred drivers etc. and i install lastest IMG_XP package 85 im not sure what is wrong with my op. :(

#487 extremewlo

extremewlo
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:56 PM

ok guys i just notice now. all the things fine now its working but only problem i didnt see. its setuping xp but screen just black when setup and when starting windows. soo how can i fix that black screen thing. any idea pls :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users