• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#101 ctv99

ctv99

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:57 PM

Hello everyone,

I used the PENetwork script in Joshua's Win7RescuePE project. It works fine except one little problem. It need me manually run and close the PEnetwork to obtain IP. How can I let it auto run during PE start without any GUI windows and do not need to close it?

Thanks for any advice.

jimg

I added this line to my custom files

AddAutoRun,Networking,x:\windows\system32\wpeinit.exe,,2

works like a charm or to have it run after drivers are loaded

add this to config and shell source
IniAddSection,#1,"postconfig"

then
AddPostConfig,Networking,x:\windows\system32\wpeinit.exe,,2

#102 ctv99

ctv99

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:07 PM

Just put the "PENetwork"-script in the same folder like "PENetCfg" - on my system ie: "Addons".
The network drivers can be copied automatically copied by the script itself - just point it to the drivers folder.
There is also created a "PENMDrvCpy.txt" in your %TEMP%-folder (Start -> Run -> %TEMP%) - so you can take a look here.

Greets
Holger

how does it id the driver i would love to use this too add all my drivers not just nic's

#103 Joshua

Joshua

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 526 posts
  • Interests:Computer, Bikes, and many others
  •  
    Germany

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:11 PM

how does it id the driver i would love to use this too add all my drivers not just nic's

You can do that easy with my win7peldr.exe during oder after loading win7pe.
Hardware detect modus 0=NONE 1=MIN 2=Network 3=Min + Network 4=FULL

Joshua

#104 ctv99

ctv99

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:16 PM

You can do that easy with my win7peldr.exe during oder after loading win7pe.
Hardware detect modus 0=NONE 1=MIN 2=Network 3=Min + Network 4=FULL

Joshua

obiously im not being clear

i need to add chipset drivers, sata, nics, scsi

while yes that other works well i need to put in these drivers so i can work on server and other pcs

#105 Holger

Holger

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 534 posts
  • Interests:- programming / scripting
    - scooter driving / modifying
    - writing poems
  •  
    Germany

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:08 PM

In LiveXP I already have an option for this.
When the script merging is complete then this is possible with Win7PE too.
For now you can just use/change the optional parameter /allclass in the line:
If,ExistFile,"%ScriptDir%\PENetwork.exe",ShellExecute,Hide,"%ScriptDir%\PENetwork.exe","/drvcopy #$q%pFileBox2%#$q #$q%TargetDir%\Windows#$q VISTA"
to
If,ExistFile,"%ScriptDir%\PENetwork.exe",ShellExecute,Hide,"%ScriptDir%\PENetwork.exe","/drvcopy#$s#$q%pFileBox2%#$q#$s#$q%TargetDir%\Windows#$q#$sVISTA#$s/allclass"

Greets
Holger

#106 ctv99

ctv99

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:23 PM

orks great now just need to find raid drivers for server

#107 jimg

jimg

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:21 AM

Hello everyone,

I encounter such a problem: when using Wireless to connect to internet, it works great when I using a wireless router.However, when I using another computer with wireless adapter, I already enable ICS(Internet connection share) and I can detect the signal. But I failed to obtain the IP to get it connected. What problem it could be? Is it related to the laptop wireless adapter does not support such AP function?

thanks in advance.

jimg

#108 Virtual-R

Virtual-R

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 145 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:41 AM

Hello everyone,

I used the PENetwork script in Joshua's Win7RescuePE project. It works fine except one little problem. It need me manually run and close the PEnetwork to obtain IP. How can I let it auto run during PE start without any GUI windows and do not need to close it?

Thanks for any advice.

jimg

Hello jimg, this is the same thing that I reported earlier in this thread! :( If you have found a solution, pls share, if not, maybe Holger will fix this in his next release? Whatever it will be, this still is an exellent script :) // VR

#109 Holger

Holger

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 534 posts
    - writing poems
  •  
    Germany

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:40 AM

Yeah, it's possible but not included at the moment in the VPE/W7PE-script.
Maybe I will find the time during the next days to include the option...
Greets
Holger

#110 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:02 PM

I'm using your penetwork beta v5 script in win7rescuepe. It's working fine so far. If there is no network card detected it displays an error message indicating that there is no network. Is there any way I can set it to fail silently if that is the case?

#111 Holger

Holger

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 534 posts
    - writing poems
  •  
    Germany

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:17 AM

Yeah, something is possible.
There is an option (which is only included in the LiveXP script for now).
Just add to your local PENetwork-script a line to the Process-Registry section:
RegWrite,HKLM,0x1,"WB-Software\PENetwork","ForceServices","1"
Greets
Holger

#112 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  • Interests:Boot and Install from USB
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:29 AM

Wireless Internet in Windows PE 3.0 is realized, but only without encryption.

In PENetwork.exe I get the message:
file netwzc.inf is missing, which is needed for support of Wireless Zero Configuration

Probably there is some missing Service Wlansvc ?
Can you help me to solve the problem, so that wireless encryption is supported as well ?

More Info:
http://www.boot-land...showtopic=10250
http://www.911cd.net...mp;#entry161011
http://www.msfn.org/...mp;#entry906396

#113 Holger

Holger

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 534 posts
    - writing poems
  •  
    Germany

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:27 AM

As I replied in the other thread:
The file which is missing is "netnwifi.inf".
Just take a look into this file - the files you also need should be inside.
At the moment I have no W7-system here so I cannot check...
Greets Holger

#114 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:50 AM

netnwifi.inf referes to service nwifi.sys "NativeWiFi Filter"

There are also refereences to wlansvc.dll.

In the Inf folder there are also:
netvwifibus.inf -> vwifibus.sys "Virtual WiFi Bus Driver"
netvwififlt.inf -> vwififlt.sys "Virtual WiFi Filter Driver"
netvwifimp.inf -> vwifimp.ndi "Virtual WiFi Miniport Driver"

Cannot say if related.

:cheers:

Wonko

#115 rocketero

rocketero

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 155 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:14 PM

Hello Holger, and thanx for an EXCELLENT script/program.
Wanted to notify you that running the RTM of Windows 7 with Winbuilder 077 RC2 works 100% with your script, at least for me! :cheers: All network adapters works that I have tried, and no problems so far at all. One thing that I am wondering about though, is if it's somehow possible to FULLY AUTOMATE the program at start. I don't want to click anything at all, I want it to detect the NIC, and automaticcly use DHCP address, without showing the main program. I have tried different ways to do this, using the ini-file and so on, but never successfully gotted rid of the main program at start.

Any Ideas? Thanks again for a great work!

maybe your post is a bit old, but if it helps I just want to tell you that I was having same problem as you, and now I have finally got success and the network is fully automated at boot up time, including local network mappings (only minor problem is that I can not map from local network machines to the Win7/Vista PE machine). I'm using WIN7PE in this case.

Here is a screen shot of the configuration of PENetwork, v.0.56

Posted Image

and here is the final result. (I was having problems before, and the change that fix my problem was selecting the box: "Use Profiles in PENetwork Start-up" and creating only one default profile.

Posted Image

one profile as default: (click on pic)

Posted Image

hope this helps, as it took me quite some ISO builds (around 25) to finally accomplish this result.

#116 Virtual-R

Virtual-R

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 145 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:30 AM

Hello Rocketero, and truly thank you for your post! I solved this problem a while back, with a registry-change in the program.

I added this line:

RegWrite,"HKLM",0x1,"WB-Software\PENetwork","CloseAfterStartnet","1"

...to get it working! I am sure someone might benefit from your tip though, so good work!

Holger is working with version 0.6, by the way, no releasedate or something like that yet.

Greetings // VR

#117 Eagle710

Eagle710

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:33 PM

Holger,

Has the PENetwork.script changed much since trying to get the PENetwork to work in 7PE since the VistaPE Script?

I guess in terms of files and regedits?

#118 rocketero

rocketero

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 155 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:58 AM

Hello Rocketero, and truly thank you for your post! I solved this problem a while back, with a registry-change in the program.
I added this line:
RegWrite,"HKLM",0x1,"WB-Software\PENetwork","CloseAfterStartnet","1"
...to get it working! I am sure someone might benefit from your tip though, so good work!
Holger is working with version 0.6, by the way, no releasedate or something like that yet.
Greetings // VR

I'm a totally and completely newbie when coding calls for, but I have created a button at the bottom of the PNEtwork script which calls for minimizing, closing or keep it open after the network has installed. here is the code:

[Process-Registry]

If,%pScrollBox20%,Equal,"Show main window",RegWrite,"HKLM",0x1,"WB-Software\PENetwork","CloseAfterStartnet","0"

If,%pScrollBox20%,Equal,"Close program",RegWrite,"HKLM",0x1,"WB-Software\PENetwork","CloseAfterStartnet","1"

If,%pScrollBox20%,Equal,"Minimize to tray",RegWrite,"HKLM",0x1,"WB-Software\PENetwork","MinimizeToTray","1"

If,%pScrollBox20%,NotEqual,"Minimize to tray",RegWrite,"HKLM",0x1,"WB-Software\PENetwork","MinimizeToTray","0"

[Interface]

pTextLabel20=--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------,1,1,10,600,500,18,8,Normal

pTextLabel21="After starting network do the following:",1,1,10,620,520,20,8,Bold

pScrollBox20="Close program",1,4,330,620,120,18,"Show main window","Minimize to tray","Close program"

But after running the Win7PE machine, and selecting either choice, the other processing of the final script doesn't run, as I have "Unselected" the box called : Enable Loader Hidden Modus, so I can see what is happening during the boot process, as I regular do also with Linux OS's loaders.

Anyways, I have not idea why the boot process stops, and after closing the boot loader (a small window) by the X on the upper right corner, the WinPE machine shows up but does not re-size the screen resolution (shows as 800x600 and should be 1280x1024) accordingly and shows only 3 icons on the desktop: My Computer, Networking and Control Panel.
But I checked the registry and indeed it shows a string value for 'closeafterstarnet' and 'minimize to try'

Any ideas?

#119 carloscape

carloscape

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 108 posts
  •  
    Honduras

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:50 PM

My problem is a bit different. I am making a Win7Rescue PE disc (Joshua's project) with the original project files. I run Winbuilder, the program builds ok. When I run the CD, PENetwork is nowhere to be found. It is enabled by default. Any idea what is wrong? I am building from a spanish Windows 7 DVD. In the plugin I defined English as default.

#120 Holger

Holger

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 534 posts
    - writing poems
  •  
    Germany

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:32 PM

@carloscape: Please post your Winbuilder-log file here.
Maybe during the build process something is went wrong.

#121 carloscape

carloscape

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 108 posts
  •  
    Honduras

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:46 PM

@carloscape: Please post your Winbuilder-log file here.
Maybe during the build process something is went wrong.

The error is that it doesn't detect a valid Win7 DVD. I am posting the log.

Attached Files

#122 rocketero

rocketero

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 155 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:50 AM

The error is that it doesn't detect a valid Win7 DVD. I am posting the log.

I believe I was having a similar issue as the one you're having now, I was running the PEnetwork script before running the build and for not reason the script terminated with the message that penetwork needs the win7dvd as source.

What I did temporarily was disabled that line in the script code. Access the script by clicking on the icon on top of the Green arrow (on the right column), and access this line:

If,%SourceType%,NotEqual,%ProjSrc%,Exit,"PENetwork needs Vista/Server 2008/Win7 DVD as source!"
disable it by placing a couple of forward slashes in front of it ( // ) and run it again.

Additionally add a folder to the build by placing it in the path in the "Copy Files" script, by marking the box: "Copy Custom Folder".

hope this helps somehow.

#123 carloscape

carloscape

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 108 posts
  •  
    Honduras

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:45 PM

I will give it a try.

---------------------------
update: Thanks it worked. I additionally changed the default settings since I am creating a Win7RescuePE. In the variables section I changed the default values of %ProjSrc% and %ProjSec% to match the ones in the Process-SetWin7 section.

#124 Holger

Holger

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 534 posts
    - writing poems
  •  
    Germany

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:43 AM

I think I will update the WB-scripts during the next days to solve these and some other problems.
(The PENM-version will still be 0.56 (with 0.60 I need some more weeks, the PENM-util is 70% ready so far, however,
the editor I have to also re-include again and will also move the startnet- and infpatching-commands directly to inside....)
Greets
Holger

#125 carloscape

carloscape

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 108 posts
  •  
    Honduras

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:12 AM

I think I will update the WB-scripts during the next days to solve these and some other problems.
(The PENM-version will still be 0.56 (with 0.60 I need some more weeks, the PENM-util is 70% ready so far, however,
the editor I have to also re-include again and will also move the startnet- and infpatching-commands directly to inside....)
Greets
Holger

If you decide to do so, perhaps it might be easier to allow people to choose their operating system from a combo box instead of validation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users