#76 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:08 AM

i didnt get error, but I cannot change resolution to another resolution then 640 x 480. I tried only in ESX server under conosole. I will try on realy machine later.

Which version number did you test? 2.4? Please run 'setresolution-x64.exe -hide -output' and post the contents of '%temp%\supported_resolutions.txt'.

vmdetect is not 64 bit application

Ok, thanks for testing. This just means you'll be unable to the use the feature of the setresolution script where you can specify different resoltions for virtual machines. Unless someone is able to compile the source here into 64bit: http://www.offensive...14/vmdetect.cpp

Regards,
Galapo.

#77 Filip Hasa

Filip Hasa

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 408 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:36 AM

Yes I do like all of your ideas. My msitake ... I think I changed the shortcut folder only, and not the actual program's folder? 'Copy-and-paste' error to try to keep the x86 and amd64 script co-ordinated... not easy! Your idea of renaming the executables... hmmmm... if every program had both x86 and x64, we could do away with a separate page??? All downloads and installations would be determined by 'pe21 Architecture'.

Should I update the scripts and post? ... or do you have them ready?

Regards:)

OK, I see it nonsence. Rename binaries of aplications but i think we can delete files wich you don't use on specific platform. I will change in my scripts.

#78 Filip Hasa

Filip Hasa

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 408 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:12 PM

Ok, thanks for testing. This just means you'll be unable to the use the feature of the setresolution script where you can specify different resoltions for virtual machines. Unless someone is able to compile the source here into 64bit: http://www.offensive...14/vmdetect.cpp

Regards,
Galapo.

I used 2.4 version. I will sent output later.

I thnik you can compile 64 bit version sotware on 32 bit as well. You need only change in properties: Type CPU=Any

Hope this help.

#79 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:56 PM

OK, I see it nonsence.

Filip,

Not nonsense! Hey, I thought it was a good idea too! :lol: ... until further consideration ...

I do not think that it is ideal to have two separate Winbuilder-Interface pages - one for x86, one for x64.

I would be interested to see how many programs have binaries for both architecture.

If you like, you could set up an off-shoot of pe21 to have only programs that provide for x86 and x64, presented in a single Winbuilder-Interface page. Initially, the two current .scripts would need to be combined so that there are separate [sections] to perform the downloads and installations for each architecture...

If a program is selected to include in the build the first [section] to run might be as follows:

[xProgram]

If,"%pScrollbox2%",Equal,"x86", Run,"%ScriptFile%",xProgram_x86

If,"%pScrollbox2%",NotEqual,"x86", Run,"%ScriptFile%",xProgram_x64

I think this could be a good foundation for the future. What do you think?

Regards :thumbup:

#80 Filip Hasa

Filip Hasa

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 408 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:45 PM

Hi allanaf,

you can find only fee util for x64.

Nirsoft. and util which i informed you. Process Explorer (sysinternals) by you need generated binnary (procexp64.exe) from procexp.exe (win32) this you cannot do it on winpe.

WinPE can run only one platform code.

Now I found Firefox for 64 bit Windows. But i Have problem with side_by_side application isolation.

Anybody has experience? !!!!!!!!

my idea is one windows for applications - example:

7-zip - bla bla
Firefox 3.0 - bla bla
only x86 - Ghost - bla bla
only x86 - PQ- bla bla

Here is code for one possibility:
[7zip]Echo,"Getting 7-Zip."If,"%pScrollbox2%",Equal,"x86", %packege%=7z458.msiIf,"%pScrollbox2%",Equal,"amd64", %packege%=7z458-x64.msiWebGetIfNotExist,"http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzip/%packege%","%pe2ArchiveDir%\%packege%"Echo,"Adding 7-Zip."ShellExecute,Open,"msiexec.exe","/qn /a %pe2ArchiveDir%\%packege% TARGETDIR=%ProgramFilesRoot%"DirMove,"%ProgramFilesRoot%\Files\7-Zip","%ProgramFilesRoot%\Program#$sFiles"DirDelete,"%ProgramFilesRoot%\Files"FileDelete,"%ProgramFilesRoot%\%packege%"#--- Shortcut or Set Path ---#If,"%pScrollBox1%",NotEqual,"cmd",TxtAddLine,"%TargetDir%\Windows\System32\Startnet.cmd","Echo#$sCreating#$sShortcut#$sfor#$s7-zip","Append"TxtAddLine,"%TargetDir%\Windows\System32\Startnet.cmd","call#$s%TargetPath_Cmd%#$s#$qPrograms\7-Zip\7zFM#$q#$s#$q#$q#$s#$qProgram#$sFiles\7-Zip\7zFM.exe#$q#$s#$q#$q#$s#$q#$q#$s#$q7zFM#$q#$s#$q#$q#$s#$q1#$q","Append"#\------------------------------------------------------------------------/#

#81 Filip Hasa

Filip Hasa

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 408 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:31 PM

hi, i am not good in codeing.

where is problem?

[codebox]Shellexecute: [Open] using: [msiexec.exe] with parameters: [/qn /a C:\WinBuilder\Projects\pe2ArchiveDir\%packege% TARGETDIR=C:\WinBuilder\Target\pe21][/codebox]

I need to get %packege%.

thanks

#82 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:05 PM

Now I found Firefox for 64 bit Windows. But i Have problem with side_by_side application isolation.

Anybody has experience? !!!!!!!!

... not me.

my idea is one windows for applications - example:

7-zip - bla bla
Firefox 3.0 - bla bla
only x86 - Ghost - bla bla
only x86 - PQ- bla bla

OK.

Here is code for one possibility:

[codebox][7zip]If,"%pScrollbox2%",Equal,"x86",Set,"%packege%","7z458.msi"If,"%pScrollbox2%",Equal,"amd64",Set,"%packege%","7z458-x64.msi"System,RefreshVarsEcho,"Getting 7-Zip."....[/codebox]... I do not like to use 'System,RefreshVars', but it will be required if other programs' scripts use the same variable '%packege%'.'System,RefreshVars' slows the Winbuilder process a little.An altenatve would be:[codebox][7zip]If,"%pScrollbox2%",Equal,"x86",Set,"%7z_packege%","7z458.msi"If,"%pScrollbox2%",Equal,"amd64",Set,"%7z_packege%","7z458-x64.msi"Echo,"Getting 7-Zip."....[/codebox]... no need for 'System,RefreshVars', because the variable '%7z_packege%' is set only once... I think ...Also, I would like to implement for every programs' script:[code]If,NotExistFile,&#34;%pe2ArchiveDir%\<xProgram Archive/Installer>&#34;,Echo,&#34;Getting <xProgram>&#34;WebGetIfNotExist...[/code]
... just to tidy up the log output.

... time (and my broken LCD Display) are my main problems ATM... I am sorry if it seems that things are moving along at 'snail's pace'... :lol: ...

Regards :thumbup:

#83 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 10 May 2008 - 12:39 AM

I used 2.4 version. I will sent output later.

OK, thanks for posting the output. It seems values returned under 64bit are different. Please run res-x64.exe attached here and post the output of '%temp%\supported_resolutions.txt'. This will help me to hopefully see the returned values exactly.

Attached File  res_x64.7z   387.2KB   446 downloads

I thnik you can compile 64 bit version sotware on 32 bit as well. You need only change in properties: Type CPU=Any

Unfortunately, I can't even get the unaltered code to compile. Probably need proper compiler rather than the freeware I have currently.

Regards,
Galapo.

#84 Filip Hasa

Filip Hasa

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:40 AM

HI Galapo,

here is the file.

I used trialware from MS.

Can I use mingw? i found 64 bit version ;o)

Thank you

#85 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:45 AM

Thanks, that's very helpful indeed! I'll be able to produce a better version now.

Thanks,
Galapo.

#86 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:14 AM

@Filip,

Did my suggestion work? ... to set a variable for each program's archive/installer?

I think that it is an excellent idea. When new versions or updates come along, the name of the archive/installer needs be changed in only one place... assuming the base of the URL stays the same.

If you are able to implement it, I would be more than happy to give due credit to you. I am having difficulties seeing a full page in the text editor, and I know that my attempts to implement it will be error-prone... short lines are OK, but long-line input.... arrgh!

How are you anyway... :lol:

#87 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:03 AM

Hi Filip,

Thanks again for persisting testing for me! Hopefully now you have a functioning program under 64bit:

http://galapo.boot-l...olution-x64.exe

Regards,
Galapo.

#88 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:45 AM

I should mention that one of the array sorting functions in SetResolution requires msvcrt.dll to be located somewhere in the system path. In some minimal PEs this file may not be there and would be needed to be added to the build. I'll upload another new version of the SetResolution script in the morning which adds the file from source and a version of SetResolution which makes the necessary file check.

Regards,
Galapo.

#89 Filip Hasa

Filip Hasa

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:01 AM

@Filip,

Did my suggestion work? ... to set a variable for each program's archive/installer?

I think that it is an excellent idea. When new versions or updates come along, the name of the archive/installer needs be changed in only one place... assuming the base of the URL stays the same.

If you are able to implement it, I would be more than happy to give due credit to you. I am having difficulties seeing a full page in the text editor, and I know that my attempts to implement it will be error-prone... short lines are OK, but long-line input.... arrgh!

How are you anyway... :lol:

Hi allanf,

it works in some way. I am working on you define package only once.

During tommorow i will send you source. Some cosmetic will be on you.

have nice time

#90 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:34 AM

Thank you Filip,

I look forward to your scripts. Please do not hurry, because I am considering to devise a type of 'api' command for downloading files. Syntax will be something like:

Run,&#34;%ProjectDir%\script.project&#34;,dload,&#34;http&#58;//downloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzip/%7-zip_package%&#34;

The 'api' command, 'dload' will extract the name of the archive/installer from the first parameter - the URL - and check for its existence in 'pe2ArchiveDir', then download if necessary.

I would need to check for speed and see if I can avoid the necessity to re-set variables with 'System,RefreshVars'... maybe an incrementing variable for the name of the archive/installer - %Archive1%, %Archive2%, etc

I do not think that this would interfere with what you are doing....

Regards :lol:

#91 Filip Hasa

Filip Hasa

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:39 AM

I should mention that one of the array sorting functions in SetResolution requires msvcrt.dll to be located somewhere in the system path. In some minimal PEs this file may not be there and would be needed to be added to the build. I'll upload another new version of the SetResolution script in the morning which adds the file from source and a version of SetResolution which makes the necessary file check.

Regards,
Galapo.

Hi,

msvcrt.dll is include in winpe.

but I could see bug in VM.

#92 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:59 AM

...but I could see bug in VM.

possibly the same error reported earlier. I would say there is a missing winpe package... WMI?

#93 Filip Hasa

Filip Hasa

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:42 PM

possibly the same error reported earlier. I would say there is a missing winpe package... WMI?

it is not WMI but i will try include all of them

#94 Filip Hasa

Filip Hasa

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:26 PM

I addded all packages. It looks fine. But setresolution is not running. No error code. support_resolution is same like last time.

#95 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 09:57 PM

I addded all packages...

Maybe it's the system files that are taken from the host when including certain programs.

FastStone Capture - avifil32.dll, msacm32.dll, msvfw32.dll, quartz.dll

xp-key-reader - msvbvm60.dll ... Also WindowsGate copies that system file, but not sure if it is required.

I need to make a list of system files added by each winpe package, to see if it is really necessary to copy files from the host. It would be much better to install a winpe package if it provides the files.

Regards :lol:

#96 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:37 PM

but I could see bug in VM.

You did download the 64bit version. It should be named 'SetResolution-x64.exe'. Did you change the name to 'SetResolution.exe'?

Thanks,
Galapo.

#97 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:21 AM

Hi Filip,

Please try running version 2.8 of SetResolution-x64.exe: 'SetResolution-x64.exe -hide -output' and post the contents of the outputted '%temp%\supported_resolutions.txt'.

Does ctrl+shift+right/leftarrow step up/down colour depth?

Thanks,
Galapo.

#98 Filip Hasa

Filip Hasa

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 408 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:43 PM

Hi Filip,

Please try running version 2.8 of SetResolution-x64.exe: 'SetResolution-x64.exe -hide -output' and post the contents of the outputted '%temp%\supported_resolutions.txt'.

Does ctrl+shift+right/leftarrow step up/down colour depth?

Thanks,
Galapo.

Hi, yes i renemed ;o) I will try it.

#99 Filip Hasa

Filip Hasa

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 408 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:20 PM

Hi allanf,

i dont have time but main changes are there.

Cosmetic is on your turn ;o)

When you implement my changes please publish you script for me. I will continue in work.

What i did: merge app scripts (but not renamed)
scripter cannot use same variable for definition

I saw your post http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=4647 - nice command ;o))

I will try it

Thank you

#100 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:12 PM

Cosmetic is on your turn ;o)

OK :lol:

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic