89 replies to this topic

#76 kickarse

kickarse

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:33 AM

I don't know if anyones had a chance to test v5 yet. Does it work better than ole' faithful 4.5.3?

#77 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:41 AM

kickarse

Give me a day or two kickarse, I am very excited to make tests with new dforge but need time because of my urgent todo list, turtle speed and slow pc.
CU soon ;)

#78 kickarse

kickarse

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:11 PM

Thanks Lancelot I know you're a busy man! And actually I'll test it too. I don't see why I can't build a cd and boot it ;)

#79 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:47 PM

I don't know if anyones had a chance to test v5 yet. Does it work better than ole' faithful 4.5.3?

v5 working well in PE, simple test to see if program runs and imports files correctly, no problems yet... Refresh my memory, what was the issue with 4.5.4 because it's working as well except for an annoying security pop-up that I don't get with 4.5.3 or 5.0 - was that the issue? Any idea what causes it? I get this now with more files, never used to see it.

#80 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:00 PM

Refresh my memory, what was the issue with 4.5.4

This is the reminder at post #1 ;) :

**possible issue in 4.5.4 reported here by Lancelot.

I am sure kickarse will explain what was going on with 4.5.4 on LiveXP by looking pictures.

The great news i read about 5.0 (If i read right) is that it has now Full ini support of DPS packages ;):ranting2::) If I understand right Yippppiiiyyyyeeeooooo, than dforge will be the first app that does that and my dforge_lan script will %100 work, still need time to test :)

CU

#81 kickarse

kickarse

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:31 AM

Excellent news fellas!

It's actually always had the ability to use all packs ;) Also, it has got the ability to use any 7z compressed drivers.

You know I don't know why the 4.5.4 wasn't working properly. I think i'll take it off the downloads list. I ended up just going through the code a bit and making sure things extracted properly and was coded the way it should have been. I'll probably rehaul the code a bit more in the future to speed things up.

I'm curious though if you call Driverforge with Runscanner with the option to redirect all processes started by driverforge to the os registry if it'd install drivers into the installed Windows OS?

Would you guys also want the option to use devcon, dpinst, and hwpnp along with the current installation method?

#82 Ariom

Ariom

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
    Philippines

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:40 AM

Excellent news fellas!

It's actually always had the ability to use all packs ;) Also, it has got the ability to use any 7z compressed drivers.

You know I don't know why the 4.5.4 wasn't working properly. I think i'll take it off the downloads list. I ended up just going through the code a bit and making sure things extracted properly and was coded the way it should have been. I'll probably rehaul the code a bit more in the future to speed things up.

I'm curious though if you call Driverforge with Runscanner with the option to redirect all processes started by driverforge to the os registry if it'd install drivers into the installed Windows OS?

Would you guys also want the option to use devcon, dpinst, and hwpnp along with the current installation method?

Hi kickarse

I've just tested it yesterday to a "HP" laptop.
So far so good.
But with a little probz..
When I select the whole drivers in "DriverPacks" it hangs. I leave my PC to 15mins then
I reset my machine..

Well its really GOOD!!! ;)

Ariom

#83 kickarse

kickarse

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:41 AM

Hi Ariom, could you try and select only one pack at a time so we can find out which pack is causing the hangup? Thanks!

#84 Ariom

Ariom

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
    Philippines

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:18 AM

Hi Ariom, could you try and select only one pack at a time so we can find out which pack is causing the hangup? Thanks!

Sure...

Just give me a time, cuz currently I keep experimenting.
I did Run it pointing to each driver one at a time.
Its tedious though, cuz I always keep reformating my drive (only C:) then return my "backup with no HW drivers install ". I did this just to make it sure. ;)

Ariom..

#85 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 June 2009 - 06:16 AM

This is the reminder at post #1 ;) :I am sure kickarse will explain what was going on with 4.5.4 on LiveXP by looking pictures.

The great news i read about 5.0 (If i read right) is that it has now Full ini support of DPS packages ;):ranting2::) If I understand right Yippppiiiyyyyeeeooooo, than dforge will be the first app that does that and my dforge_lan script will %100 work, still need time to test :)

CU

Funny, the server was screwed up when you posted that image and it's screwed up now but I found the image and I remember I can't reproduce the issue :angry:

#86 Ariom

Ariom

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
    Philippines

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:57 AM

Hi.. kickarse

I found the culprits now.
After so many trials,

Here's what i did..

If I install the XPROSP2 OS w/o all the HW drivers,
the DF5 will not continue, I mean no activity at all,
but my pc was not hunging. (But sometimes it will hung).

But again after I installed XPROSP2 OS, (clean install) and installed its
original Chipset driver only, (dowloaded from manufacturer's site)
the DF5 will continue its jobs, installing all the required HW drivers only
from DPs (in .7z format).

This test was done to HP Laptop & ACER 2920Z.

I Tested it in Desktop unit, M.Board is P4 "Asrock" 775VM00 (Chipset: VIA P4M800),
The DF5 will works smoothly. All the required drivers were installed (w/o installing the original
chipset first).

This PROGs really doing its job.
...GREAT work "kickarse" ;) ;)

Ariom

#87 kickarse

kickarse

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:27 AM

Great sleuthing Axiom! I think I might add the option to write a log file to a temp directory, or directory of choosing, so that we can find where the application might be hanging possibly.

#88 Ariom

Ariom

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
    Philippines

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:47 AM

Great sleuthing Axiom! I think I might add the option to write a log file to a temp directory, or directory of choosing, so that we can find where the application might be hanging possibly.

Yep, I agree with it. Good Idea... ;)

Ariom

#89 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:28 PM

Hi kickarse,

At last i tested new dforge5 with LiveXP :lol: .

reminding my post57 report:

v4.5.4 have problem when adding driver
http://img115.images...24053328nu5.png

v4.5.3 dont have such a problem with same settings
http://img518.images...55/snap1gj7.png

the driver i try to use is not from dps, it is the driver i use successfully for any x86 win os.
http://lancelot.winb...n_JMB363_32.rar

i will keep going with 4.5.3 ;)

same issue continues with dforge5

I made another test with DP_LAN_wnt5_x86-32_8053.7z
with dforge 4.5.3 life is easy, none of the things with dforge5 or 454 happens ;)
with dforge 5:
pci.sys is needed screen comes ~6 times
http://img124.images...228/pcisysa.png
http://img199.images...403/pcisysb.png
isapnp.sys is needed screen comes 1 time
http://img164.images.../isapnpsysa.png
http://img199.images.../isapnpsysb.png
dmutil.dll is needed screen comes 1 time
http://img406.images...69/dmutilab.png
ftdisk.sys is needed screen comes 1 time
http://img27.imagesh...17/ftdiskab.png

besides, all needed files are in their folders !! (X:\i386\sytem32\drivers\pci.sys , X:\i386\sytem32\dmutil.dll , ... exists)

total: 18 screen comes during operation.....(very boring clicking tick tick tick...)... and yes, at last success for LAN ;).

I will keep going with dforge4.5.3 on LiveXP ;)

Since dforge is one of the heros that saves the day, I hope you can find a fix for further releases. ;)

CU ;)

#90 kickarse

kickarse

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:01 PM

DF is depreciated because I've now released DriverGeek v0.5 Beta 1

http://drop.io/wanderingit

Just click on DriverGeek for the beta download; a self extracting file. The configuration ini file gets created on first run. You must accept the EULA or type a one for ACCEPTEULA in the configuration ini file.

Test it out and let me know how it goes. Perhaps we can test it with Paragliders program to run against the Windows install?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users