Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (Vista & Win7 Only)

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#51 Budda

Budda

• .script developer
  • 27 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:49 PM

Hi Homes,

Small typo on download URL: "Malwarebytes' Anit-Malware"

Will mention the script update over the next weekly newsletter.

:cheers:

It could be just be me and I've only had a chance to do a quick test but this script did not install/work for me properly in the Win7 PE.

I'll retest and share my results after.

#52 Budda

Budda

• .script developer
  • 27 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:22 PM

@homes32

Maybe you can help me here; Win7 PE 32 bit.

My first error was that I didn't accept the license agreement when building this PE. I can't find a mention of this at all in your original post; might be worth noting as the average user won't think to do this.

Second error has yet to be resolved. I finally get the program on my PE but it refuses to scan any selected drive; say even the X:/ drive or flash drives in my virtual box. It reports back an error of "Target is not Windows 2000 or later". Is this typical or am I doing something incorrect?

#53 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:33 PM

@homes32

Maybe you can help me here; Win7 PE 32 bit.

My first error was that I didn't accept the license agreement when building this PE. I can't find a mention of this at all in your original post; might be worth noting as the average user won't think to do this.

Second error has yet to be resolved. I finally get the program on my PE but it refuses to scan any selected drive; say even the X:/ drive or flash drives in my virtual box. It reports back an error of "Target is not Windows 2000 or later". Is this typical or am I doing something incorrect?

you should always look at a new script before running it for the 1st time! :dubbio:

Issue #2:
The "Choose Windows Directory" dialog you are seeing is not for choosing the directory for Malwarbytes to scan.
this script uses paraglider's runscanner to load registry hives from an offline system for scanning. the error message you are receiving is because you are not choosing a valid windows folder for an offline system.

normally you will not see this dialog because runscanner will automatically find and load the windows directory of any offline installations it can find without bothering you, but since you are trying to test from a virtual machine, I'm guessing you don't have a hard drive with a windows install available to the machine. that is why you are being prompted to choose a windows directory.

you cannot choose the running system's windows folder, so if you want to test by scanning your PE's windows folder use the Malwarebytes' AntiMalware (No Runscanner) shortcut in the start menu.

In short to properly use mbam you must use one of the following methods:
  • boot your PE on a computer with windows installed
  • mount a harddrive image containing windows to your virtual machine you are testing on
  • use the Malwarebytes' AntiMalware (No Runscanner) shortcut in the start menu.

I hope that makes some sense to you. feel free to ask for clarification if you are still confused.

regards,
Homes32

#54 TheRookie

TheRookie

• Advanced user
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:computers: (repairing, administration), reading: (technological info), outing: (having a good time), music (electronic, house, instrumental...) and hiking
  •  
    South Africa

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

Hello Homes,

I'm using win7pe-SE with the malwarebytes script.
When I start the program, I get asked to choose a windows directory. and then:
runtime error 5803, Unexpected error.
In the script options I accept the license agreement, I choose to download program plus updates.

Anything I may be doing wrong?

Regards,

#55 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:14 PM

Hello Homes,

I'm using win7pe-SE with the malwarebytes script.
When I start the program, I get asked to choose a windows directory. and then:
runtime error 5803, Unexpected error.
In the script options I accept the license agreement, I choose to download program plus updates.

Anything I may be doing wrong?

Regards,

does it work if you choose the "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (No Runscanner)" option from the start menu (in PE)?

#56 TheRookie

TheRookie

• Advanced user
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:computers: (repairing, administration), reading: (technological info), outing: (having a good time), music (electronic, house, instrumental...) and hiking
  •  
    South Africa

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:32 PM

Hello Homes,

unfortunately no, :( I still get the same error.

Regards,

#57 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:02 PM

Hello Homes,

unfortunately no, :( I still get the same error.

Regards,

sounds like one of the VB controls isn't getting registered.
if you could get me a screenshot of the error message and your build log that would help

#58 TheRookie

TheRookie

• Advanced user
  • 156 posts
  •  
    South Africa

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:47 PM

Hello Homes,

I must thankyou for your support with this, and for wanting to have a look at the log as well as the screenshot, I somehow managed to get it working, don't ask me how.
:(

I simply rebuilt the project and all is working fine.

thankyou!

:magic:

:w00t:

#59 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:44 PM

Hello Homes,

I must thankyou for your support with this, and for wanting to have a look at the log as well as the screenshot, I somehow managed to get it working, don't ask me how.
:(

I simply rebuilt the project and all is working fine.

thankyou!

:magic:

good news! :w00t: glad everything is working!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users