Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

[Solved!] DPs-Build_MassStorageDrivers-Bin.script BUG!?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#51 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:03 PM

Glad to hear that you're back up and running!

Regards,
Galapo.

#52 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:17 PM

Glad to hear that you're back up and running!

Regards,
Galapo.

Yes, Thank you Galapo! Never think you aren't appreciated, you are; thank you for your help :)

Curious why you removed the Drive Snapshot program, I never got a chance to test it, was there a problem?

#53 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:44 PM

Curious why you removed the Drive Snapshot program, I never got a chance to test it, was there a problem?

I haven't removed it, just disabled it by default. The reason for this is that the user needs either to supply their registered file or registration details to turn the program into one that's not time limited. Any scripts which require some user input I'm attempting to disable by default. This way, when someone new downloads teh project fresh, I can be confident that if they hit 'play' straight up, they'll get a build that works without errors in the log etc.

By the way, snapshot is the imaging app I use myself by default. It's very quick and can do differential backups also. But the main benifit is its portability and size! One executable at around 250kb!

Regards,
Galapo.

#54 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:06 AM

I haven't removed it, just disabled it by default. The reason for this is that the user needs either to supply their registered file or registration details to turn the program into one that's not time limited. Any scripts which require some user input I'm attempting to disable by default. This way, when someone new downloads teh project fresh, I can be confident that if they hit 'play' straight up, they'll get a build that works without errors in the log etc.

By the way, snapshot is the imaging app I use myself by default. It's very quick and can do differential backups also. But the main benifit is its portability and size! One executable at around 250kb!

Regards,
Galapo.

That makes sense and the program sounds good, I'll look into it! Thanks again :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users