#26 olegpov

olegpov

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:BSD systems

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:42 AM

Hi amalux,

After an otherwise successful run, I'm getting a warning when 'use only custom dir' is selected and pointing to a 7z pkg with both options checked.
"DPs Mass Storage Drivers MSST script could not find result of MSSTmake.exe"

'Use only custom dir' only for use Folder (with subfolders) with Drivers like unpacked DPs.

In your case select 'Use Package' option in ScrollBox select
'Use Custom Package' and set point to a (7z or bin.script) pkg in 'Custom Package >' FileBox :D

PS: I cannot understand as you could specify a way to file when use 'use only custom dir' :D

#27 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:13 AM

Hi amalux,

'Use only custom dir' only for use Folder (with subfolders) with Drivers like unpacked DPs.

In your case select 'Use Package' option in ScrollBox select
'Use Custom Package' and set point to a (7z or bin.script) pkg in 'Custom Package >' FileBox ;)

PS: I cannot understand as you could specify a way to file when use 'use only custom dir' ;)

Sorry, the options confused me a bit :D
dpsmsst.JPG
this is working well for me now, thanks again for the great script :D

#28 olegpov

olegpov

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 309 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:35 AM

Hi All,

@amalux and for others testers
I need help in testing 12 version of a script.
Please who has a free time and who is interested in this script.
Download Development version and test.

#29 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:35 PM

Hi All,

@amalux and for others testers
I need help in testing 12 version of a script.
Please who has a free time and who is interested in this script.
Download Development version and test.

Thanks for new version olegpov :D

The "Select Drivers" option is awesome!! ;) -- The wording is a bit odd to me: Use "Select Drivers" button again If you made changes in a source of drivers after the button "Select Drivers", a suggestion would be: "Use "Select Drivers" option to make changes to your source; run again if additional changes need to be made."

Do we really need the 'Advanced Mode' UI switcher? I know it's cool but WinBuilder doesn't handle these changes well and can be disorienting when you lose interface altogether, ending up back at WB setup. Maybe just a separate section on the same page, like you have, labeled 'Advanced Options' is enough?? Just my suggestions -- great script, thanks again!

:D

EDIT: Just tested Peter's new GUI and if preliminary tests are any indication of final release, the above statement will (happily) soon be obsolete ;)

#30 olegpov

olegpov

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 05:04 AM

The "Select Drivers" option is awesome!! :D -- The wording is a bit odd to me: Use "Select Drivers" button again If you made changes in a source of drivers after the button "Select Drivers", a suggestion would be: "Use "Select Drivers" option to make changes to your source; run again if additional changes need to be made."

How correctly to inform the user here? (I not the expert in English language)
Posted Image
Question explanations:
If after use "Select Drivers" you make changes in section of a choice of drivers a script will define that changes in options have been made and will reset parametres
As a result when you start a script it integrates all the drivers
Posted Image

Do we really need the 'Advanced Mode' UI switcher? I know it's cool but WinBuilder doesn't handle these changes well and can be disorienting when you lose interface altogether, ending up back at WB setup. Maybe just a separate section on the same page, like you have, labeled 'Advanced Options' is enough?? Just my suggestions -- great script, thanks again!

EDIT: Just tested Peter's new GUI and if preliminary tests are any indication of final release, the above statement will (happily) soon be obsolete

Reflected:
  • Basic mode for novice users
  • Advanced mode for users which know that do
Inconveniences of switching between Basic and Advanced modes. Only because of not correct work System,REFRESHINTERFACE in WB Version smaller then 77

#31 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:25 AM

How correctly to inform the user here? (I not the expert in English language)

Hmmm, this language thing is a problem :D -- I still like the suggestion I made above but maybe I'm missing something.

Inconveniences of switching between Basic and Advanced modes. Only because of not correct work System,REFRESHINTERFACE in WB Version smaller then 77

Right, I understand but all my attempts with 77b1 and b2 result in errors with your script; is there a later beta you recommend? Too tired now to post info on errors with 77 - 'index out of bounds'; 'access violation' etc. Also get the OS not recognized issue (why is it not recognizing my XP?) and commenting out that check, I get the following:
mssterr.jpg

I'll play with it more later, time to sleep now...

#32 olegpov

olegpov

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:33 PM

Right, I understand but all my attempts with 77b1 and b2 result in errors with your script; is there a later beta you recommend? Too tired now to post info on errors with 77 - 'index out of bounds'; 'access violation' etc.

I hope in the new version WB there will be no these errors
http://www.boot-land...?...c=7872&st=0
http://www.boot-land...amp;showbug=190

Also get the OS not recognized issue (why is it not recognizing my XP?) and commenting out that check, I get the following:
mssterr.jpg

Show that at you in Section [OS] in the %BaseDir%\Workbench\LiveXP\UserData\ProjectInfo.ini file before script use
[OS]

Type=

SubType=

ServicePack=

#33 olegpov

olegpov

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 309 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:31 AM

Script Updated to version 12.
Changes:
  • Changed Interface
    • Basic mode for beginners in WinBuilder
    • Advanced mode for users which know that do
  • In Advanced mode Add Select Drivers option
  • Edit Post#1

#34 olegpov

olegpov

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 309 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:12 PM

Script Updated to version 13.
Changes:
  • fixed bug in Post#31

Also get the OS not recognized issue (why is it not recognizing my XP?) and commenting out that check

• updated MSSTmake.exe v9.6.10.0
  • Edit Post#1

#35 olegpov

olegpov

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 309 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:00 PM

Updated Bin package DPs-MassStorageDrivers_Greg_B_Current_Bin to version 132.
Edit Post#1

#36 JakeLD

JakeLD

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:49 AM

Hi,

I would like to contact Greg B, so please message me when you see this.

I am part of the driverpacks team as you probably know and I'm also the main contributor of the dp lan, mass and chipset. I'm glad you modified them for your own needs but I must say I am disappointed that your are not sharing and helping us at driverpacks so the whole planet could benefits and not only the russians :idea: So please contact me. Thank you.

#37 olegpov

olegpov

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 309 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:29 AM

Hi JakeLD,

Unfortunately I am not familiar with Greg B, but I have asked him to contact with you.
You can look discussion of his variants of DriverPacks here:http://forum.oszone....read-91146.html. But in this forum the basic language is russian.

#38 greg_b

greg_b
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:12 AM

Greetings.

I Greg_B also conduct a branch on a forum oszone.ru under the simplified versions of sets of drivers. An essence that I simplify them for real use - as more often computers have a standard configuration without specific devices.

Yours faithfully Greg_B

#39 Wim Leers

Wim Leers
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Belgium

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:03 AM

Hi greg_b,

What exactly do you mean by "simplified versions … for real use"? Is all that you're doing removing drivers that are rarely needed? Or did you also fix some problems? Because the first post in this topic suggests that you also made some bugfixes:

"Here are collected remake (with bug fix) of packages from [url="http://driverpacks.net/""]http://driverpacks.net/"[/url]

If you're making bug fixes as well, we'd love you to join us because that prevents duplicate efforts. At the very least, please report them to us :loleverybody:
On the other hand, if you're just removing drivers that are rarely needed, it probably doesn't make much sense to join us.

Could you please clarify the situation? ;) Thanks!

#40 sixcentgeorge

sixcentgeorge

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 191 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:14 PM

nice to read about drivers with people like you :whistling:
my "problem" is to add drivers from my pc to a livecd : i tested naughty and bartepecore .
as i read this topic i think , that s the script i must use .

i used bartpe_SmartDriverBackup2.12 to grab my drivers from xp on disk ; do you think i can use them with your script ?
does it work with all xp project or only LiveXP ? ;)

i uploaded SmartDriverBackup2.12 in a previous post at Topic NaughtyPE
http://www.boot-land...?...ost&id=9464

#41 olegpov

olegpov

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 309 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:35 PM

i used bartpe_SmartDriverBackup2.12 to grab my drivers from xp on disk ; do you think i can use them with your script ?
does it work with all xp project or only LiveXP ? ;)

At once I shall explain this script only for MassStorage Drivers integration .
If SmartDriverBackup correctly keeps the driver that at you should it will turn out to integrate using my script.

In the project bartepecore will probably not work, but I advise you to test
In the project naughty should work

If you will test in both projects and inform on results
I shall make amendments for compatibility with projects in which script does not work

I am sorry for incomplete and not informative answers but I have no now enough free time for detailed studying compatibility of a script.
:whistling:

#42 sixcentgeorge

sixcentgeorge

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 191 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:50 PM

i will see how it turns , you could try to install others drivers , i mean for video there are only 2 :whistling:
one question is about WinBuilder.exe . i use the version 72 for them both , because they make errors with 78 , what s the version you use ?

#43 olegpov

olegpov

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 309 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:04 PM

Probably I not correctly understand you
Your question about WinBuilder.exe version for what for bartepecore and naughty projects or for my script?

If for bartepecore and naughty projects I cannot give the answer since did not try use these projects.
For my script WB Should have version 76- 78SP2. Will probably work and with version 74, but here I am not assured.

#44 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:40 AM

one question is about WinBuilder.exe . i use the version 72 for them both , because they make errors with 78 , what s the version you use ?

WinBuilder version depends on the project you use. Check (probably post 1) or ask at project's page for the right version.
For LiveXP, There is "Update" button to get the right version (picture here , introduction here )

On LiveXP there is DPs package already integrated default which may include your hardware massstorage drivers, have you tried ?

#45 sixcentgeorge

sixcentgeorge

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 191 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:23 AM

thank you , i will try the 2 drivers systems . :whistling:

@Lancelot : in xplive i saw a plugin and tried to download it to learn more about its using : "driver import" and "driver export" from website of author but links no longer work .
that s why i searched more through the forum for a way to add my drivers .

may be you two could work together to replace the "driver import plugin" with something based on SmartDriverBackup2.12 . ;)
what i mean is that using packs of drivers is very helpfull but they use a "lot of space" for nothing when you know the few ones you need for the pc . And that should also reduce the loading of LiveXp ;)

#46 olegpov

olegpov

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 309 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:57 PM

Development version Updated to version 14.
Changes:
  • fixed this bug
  • Edit Post#1Add How to adding Specific Mass Storage Drivers in LiveXP Build with DPs-MassStorageDrivers_MSST.script

#47 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:35 PM

Development version Updated to version 14.
Changes:

• fixed this bug
  • Edit Post#1Add How to adding Specific Mass Storage Drivers in LiveXP Build with DPs-MassStorageDrivers_MSST.script

Thanks olegpov, don't forget to update the link :drunk:

#48 olegpov

olegpov

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 309 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:02 PM

Thanks olegpov, don't forget to update the link :drunk:

I am sorry. The link is corrected.
;)

#49 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:26 PM

Thanks olegpov,

both for the fix and for the tutorial ;)
I guess "development version" is now "developed version" :drunk: ;)

#50 olegpov

olegpov

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 309 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:52 PM

I guess "development version" is now "developed version" :cheers: :dubbio:

It is jumping-off place for the final version. The further development of a script after the final version will not be, only completions necessary for work in LiveXP project.

In my plans to make a universal script for integration MassStorage drivers for х86 and х64 LixeXP
But the utility MSSTmake.exe in it will not be used since it is not intended for processing inf files of drivers for х64 systems.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users