was_JFX

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 483 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 30 August 2009 - 04:00 PM

@maanu

Well how to use it? Though you wanted the registry entires, this Script gives you all needed.

It's of course related to the ubcd4win plugin, so copy Avira files to B:\Antivir

Running a net start AntiVirSchedulerService and a regsvr32 /s shlext.dll.

And being a happy Antivir user with working update and context menu.

Of course you will need same additional files like shfolder.dll, which are not in default LiveXP.

I lost my faith in winbuilder and scripts, so I leave it to you making first working Script for Antivir v9 :whistling:

#27 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:19 AM

@ Jfx

so u mean by adding the above script with v 7 ubcd4win plugin , u actually made that scheduler service and update working ? :whistling:

#28 was_JFX

was_JFX

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 483 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:22 PM

so u mean by adding the above script with v 7 ubcd4win plugin

No I only saw an ubcd4win Plugin for v 9, this one I was referring to.

u actually made that scheduler service and update working ? :whistling:

Yes.

#29 was_JFX

was_JFX

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 483 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 06 September 2009 - 07:01 PM

Okay, try this http://www.mediafire...php?mnnm4mkkkmi

Script only adds support for the AviraSFX.exe which is not copyed by Script to project.

Run AviraSFX.exe after PE has boot, you'll get contextmenu and a nice Systray icon :)

Updates should work fine if there is a Net connection.

Actually I tested with very minimum LiveXP, but let me know if something not works.

;)

#30 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:17 PM

WOW .

JFX .im really sorry but it ll take at least some hours for me to test it , i have just come back from out of city , and today is my 1st day as a visiting lecturer at a govt institute . so i ll have to get some sleep after that coz 1st period is about after 3 hours from now and i cant sleep now :)

#31 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:51 PM

ok im sorry to report ,

bt it had the same error as i mentioned in pm before .

" antivir scheduler service is starting , antivir shceduler service is stopped , no error number was shown "

these are the round about lines that error showed me . xp sp2 as sorce . winbuilder 078

#32 was_JFX

was_JFX

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 483 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:14 PM

Hi maanu,

This very strange :( , just yesterday I downloaded a fresh LiveXP minimum and only copyed new script to it.

Had used a clean XP SP2 english and Winbuilder 77 RC2 and worked fine.

Well can you send me same files?

- a list of files (use dir /b /s 'LiveXP folder' > files.txt)
- your livexp registry hives I386\system32\config\software and I386\system32\setupreg.hiv
- and of course the winbuilder.log

:(

PS: You really don't need to say Sorry, if you not try something inside a minute :( days would also be OK
Feadback is the most rare feature, but you give one so it's perfect :(

#33 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:48 AM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT :(

working fine now . downloaded sp1 version , and with minimum build , avira9 worked fine including updates . :(

so the search ends now ( of course it is yet to be tested with wimboot and bootsdi :( )

Thank u so much JFX for working this out :(

#34 billonious

billonious

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:curiosity

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:13 PM

it works for me too. ;)

#35 was_JFX

was_JFX

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 483 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 03 October 2009 - 05:04 PM

Here is a small update for the AviraSFX

- is has the current virus definitions
- the registry entires no longer have to be there on boot time (Scheduler Service will be create on the fly)
- it will delete the extracted files when the tray app get closed

Actually if you have PENetwork Script enabled and a small bit writeable space on X:, there are only essential files:
(reg.exe shfolder.dll) needed to make it a LODR :D

http://www.mediafire...php?qj5ym5z44zz

#36 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:03 AM

@ JFX

hi,

can you please tell me that what file gets called first when the avira sfx got extracted ?

it seems that you used 7z for packing it instead of winrar . because in winrar when we click on " open with winrar " it shows the file which gets called after extraction . but when i click your sfx , it just opens the contents .

i have seen a folder ReBuildSFX , but the bat file included is not creating the archive .
i just need it so that i can keep it updated myself .

thanks .

#37 was_JFX

was_JFX

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 483 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:55 AM

Hmm, seems nobody use my sneaky tray replacement :D

Posted Image

Yeah I use 7z with the powerful Self Extraction Modules from here WinRaR is history.

However the SFX calls the AV_Tray.exe, which do everythink.

ReBuildSFX needs tow parameters, the name and location for the new SFX and the compression type

sample:
ReBuildSFX "B:\AviraSFX.exe" -mx5

:D

BTW: If someone don't have the 'B:' location could try call the AviraSFX like this:

AviraSFX -gf128

AviraSFX -InstallPath="C:\Antivir"

#38 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:38 AM

that tray option is wonderful :D it even gives you the right click option . and delete all files upon exit .

but unfortunately i still did not get you how you made it using that sfx modules . i am really amazed by the size . the same folder winrar 3.90 compressed to 61 MB , and 7z did it in only 31 MB . amazing :D

ok i have seen the following in avira.sfx in rebuildsfx folder .

InstallPath="B:\\Antivir\\"

ExtractTitle="Installing Avira Antivir v9"

GUIMode="1"

GUIFlags = "1 + 32"

OverwriteMode="0"

RunProgram="%%T\\AV_Tray.exe -DropSFX"

;!@InstallEnd@!

i believe it is the right code ?

and where i issue the commands you mentioned above ? should i right click " rebuildsfx ' open command prompt here " then issue command you mentioned above ?

by the way i have just tried 7zip silence , i just 7zip your extracted folder , give it the program name to execute after extract , and it made me the sfx file . but it lacks the one major feature which is " path where to extract that sfx " .

because in pe , i guess it is good to use B: instead of %temp% ?

i ll have to use 7zip now in future for all my needs in sfx , and may be i ll ask help that how i can delete the extracted archives after i exit the program , may be with a bat file that first will call the required exe to run , then kill the target directory when program exits ?

thank you so much for the great solution . and by the way you can use tinypic for pic uploads ...

#39 was_JFX

was_JFX

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 483 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:50 AM

i believe it is the right code ?

Yes good find.

should i right click " rebuildsfx ' open command prompt here " then issue command you mentioned above ?

Yep, one way but simply use try, it's the same

because in pe , i guess it is good to use B: instead of %temp% ?

Well I prefer B: cause I sometimes clean my Temp folder by a batchfile , so it wouldn't be the safest place for an app :hypocrite:

may be i ll ask help that how i can delete the extracted archives after i exit the program.

Normally it would delete the folder after program exit, but I wanted to go this way by other reasons

and by the way you can use tinypic for pic uploads ...

Any problem with directupload?

#40 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:40 PM

well no problem with your host , but it is not displaying what you tried to show me .

anyways

i have used 7z sfx maker to repack it . it needs .net framework . but a friend of mine has made its portable . now it is 22 MB . let me know if you need it and i ll pm it .

Good Work again .

it seems you like to do challanging work ,i ll see something else for you :hypocrite:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users