#26 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:13 AM

funtik

i guess the warning comes because of not having a pagefile. Dont worry :cheers:, this shouldnt effect your tasks.
A test to be sure: First use SetPageFile and create a pagefile on hd (not on ramdisk). Than start ghost32. :cheers:.

i dont know how to disable “About Symantec Ghost”, i guess since ghost7 (maybe before) this is standart :cheers:. Only solution is as you already (i guess) know using command switches as a result user can write his own gui for ghost. :cheers:

edit: italic + etc

#27 funtik

funtik

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:05 PM

Lancelot,
Thank you, I will try.

Look what I found:
http://service1.syma...5d?OpenDocument

#28 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:39 PM

funtik

i am hoping that in future we will have a default pagefile on ramdisk that will solve any pagefile required issue. For now (i guess) imdisk on LiveXP dont support creating pagefile.
As far as i know, only photoshop dont work and some utilities gives warning but works without problem.
For more information Pagefile issue described here (also oleg informed)

***Issue: (as galapo wrote "it would require a re-write and change of logic by the imdisk driver" here no recent expectation for solution :cheers: , SetPageFile script will mostly suit demand for pagefile which will be nice to use essentially with pendisk)
how to make a page file with imdisk, so pagefile can created in ramdisk or bootsdi. (look Galapo's posts)
how to make a page file for livexp for the utilities that needs a pagefile --> look mini solution
maybe minimum 6mb, max(large number) of a pagefile under ramdrive (B:\) can be nice,
look link for the issue
http://www.boot-land...?...ost&p=42098
also i tried SetPageFile1008.cab but couldnt suceed.
ps: you can try this script to see if pagefile works correctly. http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=5493
For info about pagefile subject look:
post 102 Galapo
post 186 Galapo
mini solution:
SetPageFile script , works nice with realhd, but dont like to work with imdisk as galapo described in posts.
+ thunn wrote a script PePageFile.Script for pagefile, but it doesnt work with livexp 'cause of reason galapo described.
+ mounting images fail when images are in ramdisk, probably 'cause of reason galapo described.

ps: i dont know if new versions of imdisk supports pagefile or not, just make a test with setpagefile :cheers:.

thanks for the link and the photo (i will add to post 1 with info), it seems to me that symantec try to force users to use pe2 because of its new products like MS try to force users to use vista :cheers:. But as i wrote before from experience you shouldnt get in trouble with ghost by getting the warning.

I wonder if "-WA" switch solves the problem!?
you know i can not test for now, can you make a test with:
*enable: "add personal desktop shortcut"
*write this toswithches box: -wa
*build iso and open with emulator
*double click "Ghost Personal" on desktop.
any warning?

#29 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:53 PM

@Lancelot

Did you try Swapadd:
http://www.boot-land...?...c=6745&st=8

With non-IMDISK drive? :cheers:

Namely with this one:
http://www.boot-land...?...=6745&st=49
http://www.boot-land...?...ic=6492&hl=

It may just work...:cheers:

jaclaz

#30 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:43 PM

thanks jaclazz, i forgot to add swapadd topic to my infos, now added :cheers:. as you can see in posts, using swapadd with LiveXP failed (post12 by Galapo and post13 by dog)

With non-IMDISK drive? :cheers:

I dont remember clearly now but if i remember right my ollld tests showed me that some other ramdisks make pagefile created on them. (Maybe the one used with "winbuilder BartPe core", or maybe standart bartpe).

post 9

The problem is that the ImDisk drive is not created early enough in the boot process to use the normal settings for pagefile. When Session Manager reads the registry settings about pagefiles the ImDisk ramdisk does not exist yet...

There is EarlyStarter script under development introduced by fxscrpt, "EarlyStarter service" fxscript post 11, 12, 13 ... (topic here ) Maybe creating imdisk with earlystarter service may solve the "creation of pagefile in imdiskdrive on LiveXP" issue. I think galapo may clear if true!

:cheers: But mostly, does ghost11 really needs a pagefile :cheers::cheers::cheers:, i guess not, So far ghost11 makes LiveXP give warning and works without problem..

Edit: (topic here )

#31 funtik

funtik

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:14 PM

I wonder if "-WA" switch solves the problem!?
you know i can not test for now, can you make a test with:
*enable: "add personal desktop shortcut"
*write this toswithches box: -wa
*build iso and open with emulator
*double click "Ghost Personal" on desktop.
any warning?

Lancelot,
The trick with a "-WA" switch works great. I tested on two PCs, no warning msg received.

#32 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:40 AM

Ghost_Lance.script updated to v4

Changes:
*-wa option added and selected default for both "ghost32" shortcuts and "ghost32 extra options" shortcuts.
*-wa switch info added to help file (Click "Ghost switches help")
*Run from RAM option added (Should work with LiveXP, very hopefully with vistape too :cheers: )

thank you again funtik for finding -wa switch :cheers::cheers::cheers:, i hope you will have nice test results :cheers:

Good night

#33 funtik

funtik

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:37 AM

Lancelot,
Sorry for stupid question. What is the "Run from RAM" option for? :cheers:

P.S. The "-wa" switch might not work with older Ghost 8, 9, 10 :cheers:
I have an old Ghost 8 as well. I'll test it.

#34 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:25 AM

As I know in LiveXP if the 'RunFromRam,True' used
your prog will reside on the ImDisk RAMDrive,
i.e. on Drive B:

#35 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:43 AM

Sorry for stupid question. What is the "Run from RAM" option for? :cheers:

dera explained well. Also here is a topic (look post #2) about "Run from RAM". Once this option was only available with vistape, very recently this feature added to LiveXP too :cheers:. (in old scripts you will see a notification "Run from RAM (VistaPE only)", "(VistaPE only)" is not valid now :cheers: )
Reason i put on this script is:
1) This is my first usage of "Run from RAM" in my script with exciment to see how it works :cheers: ,
2) probably it is not required for ghost but maybe it is a nice option to have in case of removing livexp cd and putting a "ghost backup cd" (i believe without "Run from RAM" this can be done too only by starting ghost first and than replacing cd's, well i am not sure????).

P.S. The "-wa" switch might not work with older Ghost 8, 9, 10 :cheers:
I have an old Ghost 8 as well. I'll test it.

if i remember right old ghost's (8,9,10) wasnt giving the warning for low mem :cheers: ????. The important thing is, "is using -wa switch with old versions of ghost cause any error screen?????"

Test all my friend :cheers:, you know i can not test these days, your test results enlighten my way for improvements. :cheers:

#36 funtik

funtik

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:51 AM

As I know in LiveXP if the 'RunFromRam,True' used
your prog will reside on the ImDisk RAMDrive,
i.e. on Drive B:

It means Ghost Program folder will be on Drive B: instead of default Drive X: right?
So, what if I use Boot SDI script? The whole build will reside in RAM.
What is an advantage of this option by the way?

#37 funtik

funtik

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:18 PM

Also here is a topic (look post #2) about "Run from RAM".

Thanks, that topic explains very well.

#38 shadowlessthor

shadowlessthor
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:23 AM

Tested with Win7PE, can't get the shortcuts to work, but ghost32, ghostexp and ghost server shows up in boot X:. Is there different coding to create shortcuts on the desktop.

#39 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:31 AM

Hi shadowlessthor,

Ghost Script is okey :D

Win7PE still in development, shortcut issue of Win7PE just reported today at post 320 and will be fixed in the following days, give them some time :D

#40 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:51 AM

@all

script updated to v5

@JonF
Thank you again a lot , verry sorrry for late response, i was migrating that time and forgot that fix. (I will be glad if you continue to provide support so i can use this knowledge on other scripts too :D )
I tried to add things by reading carelfully, check line 172 and 173 which resulted with pic1 , pic2 with LiveXP.
So to prevent this, i made a check at line70 for setupreg.hiv i hope it is okey (if not, ?). (ps: i dont trust much to variable checks ex: in past livexp didnt have runfromram, but now..)
Also please check runfomram and runonce options for vistape. For runonce change scrollbox manually.
So far, i believe with VistaPE default settings should also lead to a nice working ghost32. Other features needs confirmation.
Every test i made with livexp nicely works, hoping good news from you. :D

#41 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:17 PM

So to prevent this, i made a check at line70 for setupreg.hiv i hope it is okey (if not, ?). (ps: i dont trust much to variable checks ex: in past livexp didnt have runfromram, but now..)
Also please check runfomram and runonce options for vistape. For runonce change scrollbox manually.

I will test, but it may take some time; I am still quite busy here.

#42 shadowlessthor

shadowlessthor
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:45 PM

Thanks for update, will test with Win7PE.

#43 acidfire52

acidfire52
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 May 2009 - 04:29 PM

I have put this in my VistaPE, opens fine, seems to work perfect. Though, when I try to connect to a GhostCast session I get and Error 19901.
I am thinking this is network related. THough, internet works fine from inside PE.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Ash

#44 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:21 AM

Hi acidfire52

thanks for nice news from VistaPE :D

sorry, I cant help (dont know) about connecting to a GhostCast session. Some google-fu may help. When you find the reason please post here so i can write on post #1 for other users who try to connect to a GhostCase session.

Good luck :D

#45 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:50 PM

Script updated to v7

-wa switch option now have an internal file version check.
As a result a user selecting checboxes (which is already default) for -wa switch by using prior versions of ghost than ghost v11, s/he wont get -wa switch in his shortcuts.

However, Optional "Personal Desktop Shortcut" have switches box on gui including with an example "-Z5 -Sure -wa" . This box is for users to write whatever they want. If your ghost dont have -wa switch just delete, or add other switches etc etc etc.

Have a nice day. :D

#46 risolutore

risolutore

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 311 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:42 AM

great work, is there any possibility to automate the naing of ghost files, according to a parameter, like, $partition $date $... that are already labelled inside ghost32.exe? if so shlud be possible to do one click partition backup and restore...
I was looking at the old pqi32 interface that was introduce to automate some pqi operations.. before Sym,, entered the clan

#47 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:31 AM

risolutore

if so shlud be possible to do one click partition backup and restore...

yep alll posible, either with a shortcut including parameter(s) or with a batch file including parameter(s) or with a parameter file..... Check parameter(s) of the ghost version you use. (check xx.pdf file of your ghost version, maybe Ghost_ref_guide.pdf). Also a mini list for parameters ready on script and links to referring pages given.
I dont/wont put any "one click" option ready on script to protect "non carelful" users who likes to click anything they see.
There is "personal desktop shortcut" option ready to create 1 shortcut with parameters which should give a nice *hint to curious users who newly started to use ghost32.
Anyway,
Current script copies what ever there is on the source including anything you add.
Additional script for a bit more advanced/curious users provided to make it easier to create shortcuts to the addings if required, 3 usual examples given on the lines of the script.

Rest is up to you making some google-taekwando around to learn more about ghost..... etc :D If you find something valuable to add script, just inform ;)

:D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users