#26 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:28 PM

Galapo, i support the idea to add this in locale additions script at first time :>

maybe, reason of pcsview.exe causing font issue is pcsview.exe cant find a registry entry !? which should be written by hojope, or maybe like previous font issues it is not hojope fault but it is billy the doors fault.
If so maybe a fix can be added to autolocalisation script to check if there is registry entry(ies) exist for font and localisation, and if not maybe reg entry of english can be added.

But this time maybe optional with a pCheckBox , and giving a little information on History..= to show which application needs this.

I hope everybody may agree (only hope, nothing serious) with the idea.

#27 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:52 PM

Galapo, i support the idea to add this in locale additions script at first time :>
I hope everybody may agree (only hope, nothing serious) with the idea.

@Lancelot

I ALWAYS technically agree to what you post, and I judge you as very genious and powerful member of this forum.
(Maybe you remember that is has been me who proposed to promote your title)

Why we have so much troubles to communicate?

I e.g. know that you do not like unnecessary quotes, and I try to take care on this (besides this actual case here where I need an anchor).
If you try to understand my requirement in 'standard cases' not to have links, but written facts in a post, I'm sure that we not only become friends, but a team which can influence the future of this forum very positively.
Of course, if necessary, links are no issue (BTW I like your ironic(?) way when you use 'issue' instead of 'problem' :cheers: )

Peter

#28 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:24 PM

Right and while we're on it, why don't we write a script for each single file we add. With an extra big checkbox and at least two pages of links to forum posts in which is explained, why and when each one is needed and why and how we came to discover it in full lengh! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Ever heared something about a thing called 'simplicity of use'???

I think this modularity ideal is going berserk here.

:cheers:

#29 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:36 PM

Right and while we're on it, why don't we write a script for each single file we add. With an extra big checkbox and at least two pages of links to forum posts in which is explained, why and when each one is needed and why and how we came to discover it in full lengh!

Great Idea. I think that it is until now unknown demand!
You met a real topic which could be discussed. :cheers:

On the other hand I'm not sure whether to :cheers: or :cheers:

In the back of my brain I agree to :cheers:
But that is my very personal opinion :cheers:

Peter :cheers:

#30 fxscrpt

fxscrpt

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 328 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:51 PM

my opinion:

1. because i'm not building from japanese source i do not expect that lacaleAdditions script fixes the c_932.nls/pcsview.exe issue.
(and if im not member here i even dont know what c_932.nls/pcsview.exe issue is)

2. if pcsview.exe needs c_932.nls , pcsview.script should copy the file to build and create corresponding registry value.

#31 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:31 PM

my opinion:

1. because i'm not building from japanese source i do not expect that lacaleAdditions script fixes the c_932.nls/pcsview.exe issue.
(and if im not member here i even dont know what c_932.nls/pcsview.exe issue is)

2. if pcsview.exe needs c_932.nls , pcsview.script should copy the file to build and create corresponding registry value.

fxscrpt, 1. absolutely agree. 2. sounds logical at first, but if Lancelot would not have had by accident a build, which did not show the error, we might never found the problem.
I brought the issue with this program, which i use only internally for developing scripts, up a number of times. It was always discarded by all as just some font issue. Now we learned, that it has nothing to do with fonts!
How long, do you think, will the next poor chap have to hit his head against a wall, till he finds out, oh just a .nls file missing and a registry entry?

It should be our goal, that things that are handled by the OS and not by the application, should always work! We're not new to PE building and far better, than needing to produce such crap software!

#32 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:04 AM

fxscrpt

i agree and disagree (maybe disagree is wrong word).

your "2." opinion written by psc at very early stage of this topic (and written in boot-land by psc many times):

The WinBuilder projects are not a BartPE which packs MANY THINGS into the core, including unnecessary registry entries, fonts etc.

The core of most WinBuilder projects is rather minimized.

And if an app needs a font, a DLL or whatelse, the app script has to take care that in the final PE there is everything the app needs.

i dont have a problem with that, or in other words i agree (and like) the idea and method of hojope-nativeex-livexp and it is obvious that script that includes pcsview.exe should have lines to provide c_932.nls and reg.

BUT :cheers:

as medevil indicate, it is hard to find error reason is c_932.nls !

also psc/jaclazz messages remind me sth in mind with MedEvil post

- this problem does not exist in BartPE

problem is, whenever things happen, we check with bartpe, and sometimes with sherpya xpe. (this issue/problem have nothing to do with sherpya :cheers: , only an example)

what i ask for is, why dont we have an option to make a build with pebuilder default core settings!?
i guess it will add another ~100mb to the build which we dont like
but with a benefit,
it will be very helpfull script writer to observe and make fast trials :cheers:
maybe something like
Posted Image
I like the idea for extra options but i dont like the method to use hojope. I believe hojope should be keep as it is.
Maybe with another script, or another hojope (like hojope2plus and maybe with some options on gui like in picture), so when all options selected, current hojope+hojope2plus will make what pebuilder.exe does as a core.....

I hope i could describe the idea, if not sorry for my bad english, but honestly i tried.

For this particular rare case,
I believe it will be no harm to use local additions script for that reason as i wrote before

maybe optional with a pCheckBox , and giving a little information on History..= to show which application needs this.

i guess there is a misunderstanding, i mean history in script file, not on gui.
in fact local additions script was not created for such a fix, this issue effects all builds not only different language sources. But instead of writing a seperate scprit i dont see a problem using existent locale additions script for this rare case. As we know when similar case numbers increase we will either have options on hojope, or a seperate script, or....

and pcheckbox is for the ones who likes to have minimum build and the one who wants a minimum build may check history (or an explanation with // ) in script file.

in my point of view, with this adding everybody is happy,
others on world happy because they wont have such an issue/problem,
minimalists are happy because they have a pCheckBox to get rid of 159kb C_932.NLS
and new minimalists can easly read comment and reproduce the reason by reading history or // in script file.

And i am happy, because by luck i helped to kill a vodoo. :cheers: :cheers:

Why we have so much troubles to communicate?

i know the real reason(s) and tried to explain, but english is not enough to write with current comunication problem. And message stories we experienced clearly shows the reasons (maybe other have ideas). I should gather them for memo but it is hard to gather messages scatered around.

another funny theory from me:
maybe horoscope problem like Sagittarius dont have much friends from Aquarius :cheers:

(BTW I like your ironic(?) way when you use 'issue' instead of 'problem' :cheers: )

I am optimistic, "issue" sounds to me more solveable than "problem".

#33 fxscrpt

fxscrpt

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 328 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:39 AM

fxscrpt

i agree and disagree (maybe disagree is wrong word).

your "2." opinion written by psc at very early stage of this topic (and written in boot-land by psc many times):

i dont have a problem with that, or in other words i agree (and like) the idea and method of hojope-nativeex-livexp and it is obvious that script that includes pcsview.exe should have lines to provide c_932.nls and reg.

BUT :cheers:

as medevil indicate, it is hard to find error reason is c_932.nls !

i know what you mean :cheers:
and i have made a suggestion here

Peter

#34 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 01:25 AM

The WinBuilder projects are not a BartPE which packs MANY THINGS into the core, including unnecessary registry entries, fonts etc.

Unnecessary, that's the point of the discussion. What is necessary and what unnecessary? Set Peters creation to command prompt and try building a PE that get's you to the desktop.

Is it necessary to be able to boot to the Desktop? I think not. But very much appreciated/wanted!

#35 cdob

cdob

Gold Member

• Expert
  • 1469 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:52 PM

If that helps, here again is an occurrence of :)
932 is used and only used in Japanese!

Pcsview.exe resource:

object MainForm: TMainForm
Font.Charset = SHIFTJIS_CHARSET

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shift-JIS

Pcsview.exe use a japanese character set.
SK Software Lab is from Japan. The application use a local definition.

#36 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:57 PM

Pcsview.exe use a japanese character set.
SK Software Lab is from Japan. The application use a local definition.

Which is a MUCH more logical explanation :) than :(

:(

jaclaz

#37 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 06:33 PM

Yep, much better! :)

#38 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 November 2008 - 06:42 PM

Yep, much better! :)

Yep, if you happen to see him (Medevil) tomorrow morning, please tell him how after all I was nearer than what was expected in my purely theoretical line of thought:
http://www.boot-land...?...5429&st=761

jaclaz

#39 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 November 2008 - 07:06 PM

As result:

There is a

Font issue (XP/W2k3 based builds), Some fonts not used/found

as the title says.

But responsible for the issue is neither WinBuilder nor nativeEx with it's core scripts.

Responsible is a script which wants to add an app to the PE needing some Japanese scpecials (even in non-Japanese builds).

Again my good old statement is proofed:

Every script is responsible to move all non-Core stuff to the PE. :)

Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users