#26 bee4u

bee4u

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:33 AM

BTW: For what purpose do you need a sys.com in a PE1? Do you want to build a DOS floppy fom inside a PE? ../public/style_emoticons/default/dubbio.gif

no i want to use this format command...format /q /s so sytem file is tranferred to formatted media and become dos bootable media.
THX :)

#27 wendy

wendy

Frequent Member

• Lady
  • 290 posts
  • Interests:Operating systems, Weights and Measures, Geometry
  •  
    Australia

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:30 AM

Windows 7 (32) does indeed have NTVDM in the usual place. It's just the Win64 stuff it's missing in. In any case, only EDIT uses it, the rest are win32 apps. Older reactos code has a 32-bit recompile of edit.exe from freedos, recompiled for win32.

HELP.EXE needs its help file DOSHELP.HLP to work. This is the text file it prints out. Here, it's unicode, rather than ascii.

#28 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:03 AM

Maybe you are right, maybe you are wrong.

Check by yourself:

http://answers.micro...06-a9b65ba710e8

Peter

What would you mean by that?
If the NTVDM crashed on that peep, it means that it is there, then we may talk about whether it is botched or not in Vista :ph34r: or 7, which is an entirely different issue.

no i want to use this format command...format /q /s so sytem file is tranferred to formatted media and become dos bootable media.
THX :)

NO. :(
What you want to do is to format a media with a bootsector invoking IO.SYS and have IO.SYS, MSDOS.SYS and COMMAND.COM copied to it and you think that you can do that by running MS-DOS FORMAT.COM from a PE.
You are clearly slipping on a chocolate covered banana :ph34r::
http://homepages.tes...red-banana.html
Are you interested in the actual result or in the way you think you should get to it? :dubbio:

:cheers:
Wonko

#29 bee4u

bee4u

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:18 AM

well i want actaul result...just to know how to add some dos files into this script... :)

#30 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:56 AM

well i want actaul result...just to know how to add some dos files into this script... :)

Very good, I am pretty sure that before or later you will find a way to add them :dubbio:, and when you will have managed to do so :frusty:, you will learn how direct access to devices is NOT supported on NT based systems. :smiling9:

:cheers:
Wonko

#31 bee4u

bee4u

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:11 PM

yes i know direct access to devices is NOT supported on NT based system i want to know how to add some Dos based files in the script...i mean some custom DOS files.
i hope u show the way to do it...THX.... B)

#32 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:05 PM

Well, we have gone round and round on this ...

Have you even tried to understand the scripting language of WinBuilder???

If not - that would be a good place to start. For example, in this script, they use the API command "reguire_file". There is full docs on the web, and here is the page for that commaand. But, it is using defaults for most of the parameters, which means that the source file has to come from the windows\system32 area of the "source" image.

BUT, if you look a bit further into scripting or ANY of the tutorials, you would also see that you could just as easily add the file to the script directly as an attached file and extract the file to a specific directory - or create an archive to attach, and extract and unpack the archive to a given folder.

So, there are MANY ways to do this - not counting all the other ways we have documented here in the forum to add files to a PE when it is built or to the image (ISO) as it is created.

Scott

#33 FerrariGuy

FerrariGuy

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:55 AM

16 bits Dos programs can't run in Win7PE_SE because there is no script to include NTVDM support, that's why i ask the project used.

___
Rui Paz

I'll post one that works in x86 Win7PE_SE tomorrow for further testing and development. I had to create it over the last few days to allow an old DOS com port test program to work in PE.

~FerrariGuy

#34 FerrariGuy

FerrariGuy

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

I'll post one that works in x86 Win7PE_SE tomorrow for further testing and development. I had to create it over the last few days to allow an old DOS com port test program to work in PE.

~FerrariGuy

Uploaded! http://reboot.pro/fi.../46-dos-pe3x86/

#35 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:55 PM

[#10870] We could not find the file specified

(I'm really interested)

Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users