#26 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:22 PM

JonF

thank you for info, it clears everthing, also a outoftopic pm is on the way :cheers:

#27 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:53 PM

I duplicated and fixed all of Lancelot's issues, except for more explanation of what the timeouts mean. I hope to write my own replacement for scangui.exe, incorporating updating, and get rid of some of the stuff in the script UI making more room for explanations.

The link in the message above points to the new version.

#28 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:27 PM

except for more explanation of what the timeouts mean.....

making more room for explanations.

No need that, Room for explanation problem was solved first using button with txt by me than masterly (master=galapo) developed by using button with html (examples: look info buttons on script.project and \Projects\LiveXP\Drivers\5 Other\DrvImpe.script on LiveXP)

Here is my modification on mcafee script with adding info button to explain timeout (just download the script and modified), i hope you like :cheers:
http://lancelot.winb...ancelot_Mod.rar

ps: looking to 300 email notifications to catch up things i am away for a month, sorry for delay.

#29 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:05 PM

Here is my modification on mcafee script with adding info button to explain timeout (just download the script and modified), i hope you like :cheers:
http://lancelot.winb...ancelot_Mod.rar

Well, it's very clever, but the gyrations required to display it seem to make the purpose of the script more about the explanation than about macafee.

I'll hold on to it and see how my version looks after writing a new front-end. If I can't do what I think is a good job of more explanation within the GUI, I'll use yours. Thanks.

#30 asker2

asker2

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:35 AM

@JonF
From where did you get the GUIs for Sophos and McAffee?
They are very good!

To the update at run time in McAffee:
What is to do for running update, because I can't see that it automatically updates?
And after clicking at mcaffe there comes an error with autoclose invalid or something like this

#31 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:55 PM

@JonF
From where did you get the GUIs for Sophos and McAffee?
They are very good!

I wrote the Sophos GUI based on one I got from somewhere ... that person is credited in the source code. The Mcafee GUI was written by Bart Lagerweij, who has contributed a lot to the booting community, although he hasn't been active for a couple of years. Someday I want to rewrite the Mcafee GUI. It has some deficiencies, the worst of which is on machines that boot into 640x480... the buttons at the bottom are off-screen

To the update at run time in McAffee:
What is to do for running update, because I can't see that it automatically updates?
And after clicking at mcaffe there comes an error with autoclose invalid or something like this

Mcafee must be in a writable directory with more than 100 MB free. I can't tell you how much more, but 200 MB is certainly OK. Then run NAIUpdater.exe.

#32 asker2

asker2

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:37 AM

OK I didn't know that I have to run NailUpdater
Thanks

#33 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:56 PM

NAIUpdater downloads via FTP, and sometimes takes forever (it's the server's fault). You can also download via HTTP at http://www.mcafee.co...updates/dat.asp. You'll have to click "Agree".

#34 barry

barry

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:39 PM

please explain how to add mcafee to my build, i have the file and dont see how to add it.

#35 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:00 PM

please explain how to add mcafee to my build, i have the file and dont see how to add it.

Place the file in one of the folders under {folder with WinBuilder.exe}\Projects\VistaPE-Core\App. For example, I have mine in E:\WinBuilder\Projects\VistaPE-Core\App\Antivirus.

If WinBuilder is open, close it and re-open it.

The script should appear in WinBuilder in the same folder structure as the physical disk. Make sure the box beside the script name is checked. Select options in the script window as you want.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users