#26 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:57 PM

but after Driver Import PE injected vmscsi driver to the PE, mmc listed the disk and I could do whatever I wanted with it.

Not entirely true. mmc would not let me format a new partition and assign a drive letter, complaining about the needing a reboot. Paragon HDM had no such issue and successfully formatted and assigned a drive letter which was then available in explorer's filemanager.

#27 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:59 PM

just for info: no symmpi.sys file in my bartpe

Well, that is indeed very strange. Peter would call this voodoo!

#28 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 31 July 2008 - 12:06 AM

Not entirely true. mmc would let me format a new partition and assign a drive letter, complaining about the needing a reboot. Paragon HDM had no such issue and successfully formatted and assigned a drive letter which was then available in explorer's filemanager.

as i tried jmb with preformated harddisk (4 partition), when i used "Driver Import PE" it automatically mounted and gave letters D: E: F: G: (C: is already for eide disk where i started livexp, could be usb too)

till paul solve the voodoo, in livexp to work with "Driver Import PE" properly, "xpnp + Penetwork + vmware scsi" are needed and works really fine, i hope you add it to download soon. :cheers:

#29 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:39 AM

I've uploaded the script now to the LiveXP server. No longer necessary to have xpe-pnp-aio.script script enabled as hwpnp is also encoded in the script.

Regards,
Galapo.

#30 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:43 AM

I've uploaded a new version which adds support for WimPack: hwpnp files and expand.exe are required in system folder.

Regards,
Galapo.

#31 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:54 AM

@Galapo and Lancelot!

Great work guys :cheers: This sounds like a real breakthrough! I'll be testing soon :cheers:

Much thanks to you both :cheers:

#32 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:42 AM

@Galapo and Lancelot!

Great work guys :cheers: This sounds like a real breakthrough! I'll be testing soon :cheers:

Much thanks to you both :cheers:

Well, I've had some success with Driver Import PE; when run in PE (works fine), I'm given three drivers to choose from:
diview.JPG

The NIC works great, just like hostNIC or host Driver (psc's tools). The nVidia seems to work but I notice no difference and all that's added to Device Mngr is an 'Unknown Device' with a yellow flag, updating this driver doesn't work. The Intel controller installs something
dihwiz1.JPG

but, again, I don't notice any difference or added functionality. This may be due to the fact that my HDDs and Graphics worked fine to begin with; I'm sure that others will find this fine tool of even greater benefit. A big disappointment was that my audio card (Creative Audigy) wasn't recognized at all. Not a big deal, I can install these drivers in other ways but don't understand why they weren't picked here. Anyway, the tool is a big step forward and hopefully can be further developed (and translated :cheers: )

In my attempts to get Driver Import PE running in a custom cmd shell environment (nativeEx_trackWBInstall), I ended up with an interesting 'hybrid' of cmd shell and LiveXP! The way it works is, you launch a cmd shell with trackWBInstall running to catch any registry changes made by each driver install, these are saved as api code snippets for easy insertion to scripts later (very nice tool psc has developed :cheers: ). The fun part is, when your done with cmd shell operations, you just click on explorer.exe (from pe explorer or cmd line) to bring in the full LiveXP GUI with all the bells and whistles.
twbidi.JPG
dtop.JPG

I don't know if this is useful to anyone but if requested, I'll put together a little tut :cheers:

#33 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:06 AM

A big disappointment was that my audio card (Creative Audigy) wasn't recognized at all. Not a big deal, I can install these drivers in other ways but don't understand why they weren't picked here.

Hi amalux,

The reason for that is because the program as far as I'm aware as yet only supports mass storrge, modem, nic, and (possibly?) video drivers.

Regards,
Galapo.

#34 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:23 AM

Galapo:
i think for default "Driver Import PE" shouldnt be selected (Selected=True --> Selected=False ), to avoid error from new users.
or maybe inner check can be disabled,
it is up to you. look here.
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=5329

amulux:
thanks for tests, and happy you liked it.

i just got NativeEx_trackWBInstall , really new about these stuff, still in learnin steps, things you wrote will give more logic to me in time.

"Driver Import PE"
can take "ethernet" + "mass storage" drivers from a "preinstalled xp32" + "from a folder"

hostnic only takes "ethernet" from a "preinstalled xp32"
hostDriver only takes "ethernet" from a "preinstalled xp32" (for others failure to me, look post 10 for detailed results and warn me if i did sth wrong with usage of hostdriver)
DriverForge seems to have a very good potential for pe.

imagine you insert your pe usb to a very new mainboard computer, and you cant reach disks. :cheers:
by adding new mass storage driver to a usb folder will quickly solve problems with "Driver Import PE"
(try it by disableing dps and sata drivers and put pe on usb(or single img) as i did in all tests)

i am not sure about ultra ata storage controller, it had no effect on assaignin driver letter.

adding nvidia didnt work for me too, (i added nvidia drivers to bartpe but didnt work there too, it seems to be there but didnt work), no effect at all.

"Driver Import PE" have no support for sound,
one of the reason can be "Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Defination Audio" (not sure)
i havent make my SoundMAX ADI AD1988A work yet.
maybe main reason is sound not essential for pe.

For me "Driver Import PE" making "ethernet" + "mass storage" drivers from a "preinstalled xp32" + "from a folder"
is vitaly satisfying.

only a small thing left, mostly 'cause of missing hwid in intel ahci drivers. "Driver Import PE" (or other utilites) look for hwid in .inf file, and if it cant be seen it dont add driver.
example:
In my regular normal xp on hd, i add ahci drivers by choosing (hwid not included in inf) "update driver" to unknown "Pci device" on device manager, and in the list i choose ich9 and my ich8 works :cheers: . For now i learned from galapo to add hwid to .inf file, if needed i can do it again. :cheers:

For converting to english, probably it can be done with hexedit, never tried.

i guess in future maybe hostDriver or/and DriverForge will give better results.
For now "Driver Import PE" :cheers:

#35 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:07 AM

i think for default "Driver Import PE" shouldnt be selected (Selected=True --> Selected=False ), to avoid error from new users.

Good catch! Thanks for that, I've deselected the script by default now.

Thanks,
Galapo.

#36 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:06 AM

For you this DrvImp.script does it work without the xpe-pnp-aio.script?

#37 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:10 AM

dera:
with last improvements galapo made script independent of xpe-pnp-aio.script.
Read lines on right bottom to see what you need by selecting drvimport pe with winbuilder.

#38 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:22 PM

Strange, if build my project without xpe-pnp-aio.script
I cannot get to see my HDD

#39 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:26 PM

Strange, if build my project without xpe-pnp-aio.script
I cannot get to see my HDD

you cant see with "Driver Import PE" ?
if so let me know so i retest :cheers:

#40 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:45 PM

yes

#41 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:50 PM

dera:
thanks for support
yes you are right (after over 10 tests i made in an hour with lots of combinations now :>), xpnp is still needed for ahci, i dont know how i missed that before (sorry galapo). It happens sometimes. Forinfo: without xpnp, "Driver Import PE" still adds my jmicron mass storage and ethernet drivers.

xpnp have one thing that is not nice is that, enableing xpnp when using source as 2003x86 gave error in my previous tests.

so as a conclusion: with the needed things written in "Driver Import PE" plugin, +xpnp is needed also. After that everything works nice including ahci. :cheers:

#42 CD-RW

CD-RW

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:21 PM

Hello

My Name is Kare from www.kare-net.de
i have seen, it integrate my Program "Driver Import PE" in Live XP.
I have Code for Bartpe, but it works under Livexp too.

Greetings

-Kare-

#43 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:36 PM

hi Kare, nice to meet you at last.

THANKS A LOT for these wonderful tools. I use them (especially mountstor) in BartPe for a long time. Now migrating slowly to livexp. I found "Driver Import PE" on the net as a user but galapo is the master who is writing .script for "Driver Import PE", and also he is the one who solved problems with integrating "Driver Import PE" to livexp :cheers:

it is nice to see you here :cheers: :cheers:

ps: although i dont know german language, great stuff in your website, maybe in english in future too. :cheers:

#44 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:42 PM

Hello

My Name is Kare from www.kare-net.de
i have seen, it integrate my Program "Driver Import PE" in Live XP.
I have Code for Bartpe, but it works under Livexp too.

Greetings

-Kare-

Kare, welcome to the forum!

I love your program, works great in LiveXP! Any plans to release an english translation? :cheers:

Is there a possibility for media card support in the future? :cheers:

Thank you for your wonderful work and again, a very warm welcome here :cheers:

#45 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:51 PM

Hallo Kare!
[German]
Erst mal herzlich willkommen hier!

[English]
As I remember correctly, your program does nearly the same as my 'hostDriver'. And used in WinBuilder it has nearly the same problems with some audio and mass storage drivers.

I suggest to try to combine our codes and increase it to develop an optimal solution.
I personally do not worry to 'forget' hostDriver and work with your 'Driver Import PE'.

(Combine by PM, not by posts in the public).

Peter

#46 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:10 PM

Many Thanks Kare! This is really a great prog!
And Many Thanks for all You Guys to get it to work in nativeEx based project!

@Lancelot
I don't like either this xpe-pnp-aio.script, something is not ok with it,
in the past prebuild my nvidia video driver with success and then tried to get audio to work in nativeEx,
but when put this script from NaughtyPE project into my build, somehow it prevented - at least that time I supposed the xpe-pnp-aio made it - to successfully load my video driver.

#47 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 02 August 2008 - 12:31 AM

CD-RW (kera):
is there any plan to make manuel add of driver with "Driver Import PE" to solve the kind of problem i wrote before?

only a small thing left, mostly 'cause of missing hwid in intel ahci drivers. "Driver Import PE" (or other utilites) look for hwid in .inf file, and if it cant be seen it dont add driver.
example:
In my regular normal xp on hd, i add ahci drivers by choosing (hwid not included in inf) "update driver" to unknown "Pci device" on device manager, and in the list i choose ich9 and my ich8 works . For now i learned from galapo to add hwid to .inf file, if needed i can do it again.

psc:
just to avoid any misunderstanding
kare's tools works without problem (smoothly) with mass storage in bartpe (only hwpnp plugin needed) as it was written to be. only adding this tool to livexp is tricky.

dera:
i agree with your statement "xpe-pnp-aio.script, something is not ok with it". i found a new thing and reported it here, probably another proof of your statement (and maybe the same bug makes it not work with your nvidia). Beside these i also dont feel good about it 'cause it is not 2003x86 source compatible.

but
probably galapo will add required things to Driver Import PE script to set it free from xpnp when he have time (it can take a while).
also i am sure masters Peter and Galapo will kill these bugs in those scripts so we will be all happy, as i am not a programmer i try to find ways as reproducable as possible so they can make decisions of solving problems easly.

ps: dera can you give me link to your nvidia and sound script, i found sth but havent started on that yet, working scripts will be a good begining. (especially sound) :cheers:

all:
please check MounStorePE script from kare i just uploaded.

i dont have wlan with any of my hardware, if anyone who have wlan can test kare's WLan PE BartPE plugin in livexp, it will be great. http://www.kare-net.de/Plugins.htm (i havent use bartpe to winbuilder converter yet so i cant make a ready use script fast). As kare wrote it i am sure it will work in BartPE :cheers:

#48 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 02 August 2008 - 08:23 AM

For you this DrvImp.script does it work without the xpe-pnp-aio.script?

Maybe adding
If,NotExistFile,"%TargetDir%\i386\system32\drivers\volsnap.sys",Expand,"%SourceDir%\i386\volsnap.sy_","%TargetDir%\I386\System32\drivers"  If,NotExistFile,"%TargetDir%\i386\system32\comsnap.dll",Expand,"%SourceDir%\i386\comsnap.dl_","%TargetDir%\I386\System32"  If,NotExistFile,"%TargetDir%\i386\inf\volsnap.inf",Expand,"%SourceDir%\i386\volsnap.in_","%TargetDir%\I386\inf"  If,NotExistFile,"%TargetDir%\i386\inf\disk.inf",Expand,"%SourceDir%\i386\disk.in_","%TargetDir%\I386\inf"  If,NotExistFile,"%TargetDir%\i386\inf\volume.inf",Expand,"%SourceDir%\i386\volume.in_","%TargetDir%\I386\inf"  If,NotExistFile,"%TargetDir%\i386\inf\mshdc.inf",Expand,"%SourceDir%\i386\mshdc.in_","%TargetDir%\I386\inf"
is enough?

#49 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 02 August 2008 - 10:36 AM

Hi dera,

Thanks for that. I've added the suggested files to the script, so please test and see if it works now for you. Download the latest version of the script from the LiveXP server.

@Lancelot
Please also test with WimPack to determine if it also successful as is.

Regards,
Galapo.

#50 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:50 AM

dera, galapo:
i added lines, and checked the files if copied.
without xpnp
nope, didnt work for neither "Driver Import PE" to add ahci
nor "driver forge 4.5" (native+devcon) and didnt work for ahci+jmicron (only yellow marks on device manager)

dera:
you can make trials virtually for ethernet (very easly) + normal mass storage drivers (see galapo's #13 post) with vmware.
so when you find a method that pass virtual ethernet and normal mass storage driver test (for utility other than "Driver Import PE", "Driver Import PE" passes both without xpnp), please inform. So far no way to make ahci driver test virtually.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users