40 replies to this topic

#26 TakuSkan

TakuSkan
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 October 2009 - 04:34 AM

Something in your system is preventing that program from running. It is most likely your AV program. But if it is not, I don't know what it is, but it's doing it.

I just had the same problem. I found this thread, downloaded GetRecuvaCurrentVersion.7z, attached it as instructed, and ran Winbuilder again. But the script still stopped with the same error:

IniRead - Failed to find file: [%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Recuva\RecuvaVer.ini]

I had both my firewall and antivirus software disabled.

I disabled the option to install Recuva, and built VistaPE without it.

Any other thoughts on the problem anyone?

TS

#27 DaCHeF

DaCHeF

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:16 PM

I just had the same problem. I found this thread, downloaded GetRecuvaCurrentVersion.7z, attached it as instructed, and ran Winbuilder again. But the script still stopped with the same error:

I had both my firewall and antivirus software disabled.

I disabled the option to install Recuva, and built VistaPE without it.

Any other thoughts on the problem anyone?

TS

TS,

Thanks for your response and confirming that it's not only me having this issue! I love the program, which is why I was hoping to get it working! I will build, as I did before, without it, but if anyone else has any advice to get it working, please advise! I am building this in Virtual PC 2007 with a pretty clean XP Pro SP3 installation. I do have NOD32 v4 installed, but it is disabled when I am building. Thanks again guys for all of your help. I really do appreciate you taking the time. :thumbsup:

D

#28 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:31 PM

OK, try this one. It pops up a dialog box whenever it does anything, and it is not UPX compressed:

Attached File  GetRecuvaCurrentVersion.7z   250.78KB   364 downloads

#29 TakuSkan

TakuSkan
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:50 PM

OK, try this one. It pops up a dialog box whenever it does anything, and it is not UPX compressed:

I'm still getting the same error. I went into 'edit > attachments', selected the older 'GetRecuvaCurrentVersion.7z' and clicked 'Remove files'

Then added, and started the new one you just posted.

Then on closing the edit menus and back in the main WinBuilder GUI, right-clicked Recuva in the left pane and ran 'Run this script'

I got no pop up dialog boxes. A DOS window popped up briefly and ran a script.

I can confirm that 'DownloadPage.htm' and a different 'GetRecuvaCurrentVersion.7z' were retrieved and added to the folder:

[x]:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\Recuva

But the script still failed with:

Run - Processed section [Depack] in file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE-CAPI\Base\Common_Api.script]

[// WebGet seems to have problems with the connection resetting]

ShellExecute: [Open] using: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Tools\wget.exe] with parameters: [-t 6 -O "[x]:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\Recuva\DownloadPage.htm" http://www.recuva.com/download]

IF - File exists: [[x]:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\Recuva\DownloadPage.htm] evaluated string: [If,ExistFile,%TempDir%\%ProgramFolder%\DownloadPage.htm,Begin]

Processing downloaded file to get current version...

ShellExecute: [Hide] using: [[x]:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\Recuva\GetRecuvaCurrentVersion] with parameters: ["[x]:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\Recuva\DownloadPage.htm" "%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Recuva\RecuvaVer.ini"]

[End]

ELSE - [Echo,"Could not check current version!"]

[// See if we have to do a full download]

IniRead - Failed to find file: [%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Recuva\RecuvaVer.ini]

Halt

VistaPE CAPI v.12 (RC1b common API)

Script time: 3 seconds and 359 miliseconds

Script has been sucessfully processed!
TS

#30 DaCHeF

DaCHeF

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:35 PM

I'm still getting the same error. I went into 'edit > attachments', selected the older 'GetRecuvaCurrentVersion.7z' and clicked 'Remove files'

Then added, and started the new one you just posted.

Then on closing the edit menus and back in the main WinBuilder GUI, right-clicked Recuva in the left pane and ran 'Run this script'

I got no pop up dialog boxes. A DOS window popped up briefly and ran a script.

I can confirm that 'DownloadPage.htm' and a different 'GetRecuvaCurrentVersion.7z' were retrieved and added to the folder:

[x]:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\Recuva

But the script still failed with:

Run - Processed section [Depack] in file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE-CAPI\Base\Common_Api.script]

[// WebGet seems to have problems with the connection resetting]

ShellExecute: [Open] using: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Tools\wget.exe] with parameters: [-t 6 -O "[x]:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\Recuva\DownloadPage.htm" http://www.recuva.com/download]

IF - File exists: [[x]:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\Recuva\DownloadPage.htm] evaluated string: [If,ExistFile,%TempDir%\%ProgramFolder%\DownloadPage.htm,Begin]

Processing downloaded file to get current version...

ShellExecute: [Hide] using: [[x]:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\Recuva\GetRecuvaCurrentVersion] with parameters: ["[x]:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\Recuva\DownloadPage.htm" "%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Recuva\RecuvaVer.ini"]

[End]

ELSE - [Echo,"Could not check current version!"]

[// See if we have to do a full download]

Halt

VistaPE CAPI v.12 (RC1b common API)

Script time: 3 seconds and 359 miliseconds

Script has been sucessfully processed!
TS

Yeah, same here... Any other ideas?

D

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.7z   73.97KB   293 downloads

#31 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:05 PM

Yeah, same here... Any other ideas?

You have to extract the executable from the 7Z file and then attach it to the script. A 7z file is not executable.

#32 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:54 PM

OK, I see the problem now ...

#33 TakuSkan

TakuSkan
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 October 2009 - 05:41 AM

You have to extract the executable from the 7Z file and then attach it to the script. A 7z file is not executable.

I'm getting the popup now with the last GetRecuvaCurrentVersion.exe attached.:

GetRecuvaCurrentVersion is running.

Arguments:\[x]:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\Recuva\DownloadPage.htm\

n[x]:\[winbuilderfolder]\Workbench\Common\Recuva\RecuvaVer.ini
But I'm still getting the same error message after the script is finished.

How about you DaCHeF?

TS

#34 DaCHeF

DaCHeF

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:06 PM

I'm getting the popup now with the last GetRecuvaCurrentVersion.exe attached.:

GetRecuvaCurrentVersion is running.

Arguments:\[x]:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\Recuva\DownloadPage.htm\

n[x]:\[winbuilderfolder]\Workbench\Common\Recuva\RecuvaVer.ini
But I'm still getting the same error message after the script is finished.

How about you DaCHeF?

TS

Same here. I get the OK/Cancel prompt now, but it still fails for the RecuvaVer.ini! Frustrating! :thumbsup: :frusty:

D

#35 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:04 PM

I know what the problem is. They changed the (&%)%^ web page and put a line break and a ton of spaces in the middle of the regular expression I'm looking for!

I need to figure out some way (that is likely to be more robust) to get the current version. And this weekend is the one I decided to install Vista x64, so I'm a bit tied up in other things.

#36 DaCHeF

DaCHeF

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:40 PM

I know what the problem is. They changed the (&%)%^ web page and put a line break and a ton of spaces in the middle of the regular expression I'm looking for!

I need to figure out some way (that is likely to be more robust) to get the current version. And this weekend is the one I decided to install Vista x64, so I'm a bit tied up in other things.

Jon,

No worries, I will build right now without Recuva. However, as I mentioned previously, I really do like the program, so when you have a second, please let me know.

I am running Vista Ultimate x64 right now on one of my laptops and it works just fine. The service packs have made quite a difference. I refused to allow any of my clients to use the OS until post SP1. The initial release was ridiculous! You should be testing Windows 7 too! I really like the new features and GUI changes in both 7 and 2008 Server R2. The powershell additions are also much welcomed.

D

#37 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:52 PM

I've got Windows 7 on my netbook. Very nice. The main reason for installing Vista x64 is to be ready for the free upgrade to Win7. (The secondary reason is accumulated detritus in the bitpaths on the x86 installation).

#38 DaCHeF

DaCHeF

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:51 PM

I've got Windows 7 on my netbook. Very nice. The main reason for installing Vista x64 is to be ready for the free upgrade to Win7. (The secondary reason is accumulated detritus in the bitpaths on the x86 installation).

Really? I thought it was preferable to run XP on Netbooks for sake of conserving limited resources! hehehe... Yeah, I am glad MS at least extended that offer (the upgrade as they extended the XP downgrade offer before); they need(ed) to... Let me know when you have second and thanks for your help with the script!

D

#39 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:19 PM

New version on the server, I hope it's more robust. It certainly works at the moment.

If you do have a RecuvaVer.ini in %BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Recuva it wouldn't hurt to delete it. Might help.

#40 DaCHeF

DaCHeF

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:46 PM

New version on the server, I hope it's more robust. It certainly works at the moment.

If you do have a RecuvaVer.ini in %BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Recuva it wouldn't hurt to delete it. Might help.

Jon,

Sorry for the delayed response. This week has been friggin' insane. I will test it this evening and will advise ASAP. Thanks again for all of your hard work!

D

#41 DaCHeF

DaCHeF

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:39 PM

Jon and Others,

It seems the new script has resolved all of my issues. I built last night and tested it in Virtual PC 2007 SP1 with nothing but success! I am very happy to be able to use this program in the VistaPE environment now and am very thankful for all of your guy's input and assistance! YOU ROCK! YAY! :lol:

D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users