31 replies to this topic

#26 Areyu_Moritii

Areyu_Moritii

• .script developer
  • 65 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 October 2007 - 02:17 AM

I have the script completed, however it appears that the code that Holger sent me is missing a few variable definitions. As soon as I get that sorted out I'll retest the script. If all goes well, this script will have the ability to add drivers to the current build as well as adding drivers to an already existing build in the %TargetDir%.

A hang may also occur if the driverpacks exceptions file is not taken into account when copying files etc. That is, a hwid may be matched to an incorrect and incompatible driver file version. Take note of what occurs with what DPs_BASE.exe does in generating the mass storage bartpe plugin.

Regards,
Galapo.

That is a very good point as well, Galapo. I'll try to look into that as soon as I complete this project.

#27 ankur mathur

ankur mathur

• Deactivated
  • 20 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:45 PM

@ankur mathur - Are you sure it just hung? Remember, if it took you 30-45min just to complete the build it will probably take at least that long for your build to unpack all of the drivers, sift through all of those drivers, and install the proper one(s). Have you waited that long to be certain that the build hangs?

well after booting the cd, i knew it would take a long time. :cheers: So i went to play
soccer :cheers: . after 2-3 hrs, i came back and it was still loading (with cursor in the middle of the screen).
so i suppose it hanged

#28 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:29 PM

If it were possible to create an index file, as MedEvil suggested,

Little misunderstanding, again! :cheers:
We already have a script by thunn which builds the inf cache file.
With this file present, XP doesn't serch all the inf files anymore, but just that cache/index file.

:cheers:

#29 Areyu_Moritii

Areyu_Moritii

• .script developer
  • 65 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:45 PM

Little misunderstanding, again! :cheers:
We already have a script by thunn which builds the inf cache file.
With this file present, XP doesn't serch all the inf files anymore, but just that cache/index file.

Nice catch, MedEvil. :cheers: I had already forgotten about the inf Cache script. I'll break that down and see how it works. I may possibly be able to create something that integrates some of Holgers code with the Inf Cache script.

#30 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:58 PM

Yes an all in one driver - click and be happy script, is a nice idea.
Just don't forget that for the inf cache build, to work properly, it has to be run after all drivers are already copied to the target folder.

So better choose a name that starts with a Z! :cheers:

#31 Areyu_Moritii

Areyu_Moritii

• .script developer
  • 65 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 November 2007 - 04:38 PM

Yes an all in one driver - click and be happy script, is a nice idea.
Just don't forget that for the inf cache build, to work properly, it has to be run after all drivers are already copied to the target folder.

So better choose a name that starts with a Z! :cheers:

Alright, I have figured out what the error was in my script now I can continue.

@MedEvil
Wouldn't this issue be easily solved with specifying the InfCache build as a dependent for this file? IIRC, in the latest betas of WB, if you click on a script whose dependency is present, that dependent is also, automatically, marked to be run in the build. I'll test it all out and see what comes about. I may just be able to finish this thing after all. :cheers:

#32 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 05:25 PM

Could be done, but that would mean you have to write two scripts instead of one.

PS: I really hate dependencies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users