#26 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:01 AM

Personally, in my own private builds I disable script support as I don't need it. But I still need some things to run hidden. That's why I use hiderun.

Regards,
Galapo.

#27 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:11 AM

Why you try to fool an old man like that? :)

not at all, I just want to be sure (clarify) what Galapo suspect.

(@Galapo: there is a miscomunication, hiderun works as intented also with amalux)

I'll run some tests to see if works on more complicated batch setups but I still don't see the problem using scripts :D . In other words, why do you prefer I use hiderun? Especially if script support is now default.

+1 Galapo. + mannnnny sofwares do not require vbs support so mostly I personally do not need too.
Isn't it annoying writing a vbs script (or making an exe) and this vbs/exe requiring things from host (pe). On the other hand with au3 you do not need to worry about this anymore. (hehhee, gooo au3 goooo, also check here)

about hiderun: it is one of very old tiny executable that helps hiding small things. Obviously when you use any scripting/coding , you will not need it :). on the other hand when you want to quickly hide sth. that splashes, than hiderun.exe there for you. :)

#28 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:47 AM

Isn't it annoying writing a vbs script (or making an exe) and this vbs/exe requiring things from host (pe).

Not at all, it's built into every modern Windows and all my builds, I still don't get why you and Galapo disable it :D

Hiding any command or exe couldn't be easier with a script like this:

var WindowStyle_Hidden = 0
var objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
var result = objShell.Run("cmd.exe /c run.cmd", WindowStyle_Hidden)

It's cut and paste except for target file to run. Is it as easy in AU3? Don't you need AU3 support added to work with AU3 files? Notepad works fine for editing a .js/.vbs file. If only to hide things, I'd be happy to use hiderun but scripts allow for many useful and simple to create interfaces
vbs.png

again, it's cut and paste except for custom message/query and what programs or commands to run:

Sub Run(ByVal sFile)
Dim shell

Set shell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
shell.Run Chr(34) & sFile & Chr(34), 1, false
Set shell = Nothing
End Sub

intAnswer = _
Msgbox(" Add some Yes - No query here... ", _
vbYesNo, " Title here!")

If intAnswer = vbYes Then
RUN "some program"
ElseIf intAnswer = vbNo Then
RUN "some batch file"
Else
End If

Is it so much easier with AU3?

#29 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:59 AM

Is it so much easier with AU3?

The answer really depends upon which language you are most familiar with. For me I'd answer "yes", whereas for you you'd probably answer "no". Someone else will say "neither" and say writing all in batch is easier.

But I still like hiderun when something simple is needed and can be done in batch.

Regards,
Galapo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users