#26 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 August 2008 - 07:42 PM

Anybody have success with this tool in a nativeEx based project?
Any advice how to use this DriverForge45.script?
I mean what other scripts are needed and exactly what steps needed to load the driver?

Hi Dera,

It's stand-alone and pretty strait forward, browse to your Windows system driver directory as destination (top line) and to your compressed driverpacks folder (bottom line). Example:
drvfrgview.JPG

#27 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:15 PM

Hi Amalux

Thanks for the reply
I have a thoughts of it's intended to install e.g. storage driver into the running PE (and not into the real OS on the drive C:)
from the Uncompressed Driver File Location, what was never successful in my nativeEx.

#28 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 10 August 2008 - 11:58 PM

Hi Amalux

Thanks for the reply
I have a thoughts of it's intended to install e.g. storage driver into the running PE (and not into the real OS on the drive C:)
from the Uncompressed Driver File Location, what was never successful in my nativeEx.

this intention was mine to use this utility that way (post 10) which might cause you think that, but now "Driver Import PE" do this job successfully by help from you. Sorry i didnt reply as i didnt try "DriverForge" in normal way :cheers: . It will be better for amulux to put a description on 1st post with post27 picture i guess :cheers:

#29 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:50 AM

Hi Dera, Lancelot

Sorry for slow response, forum not working for me lately (can take hours for 'quick reply') :cheers:

DriverForge was originally designed for host driver installation from host (or PE) but new options for HwPNP or Devcon are for installing to a running PE. I haven't tried yet and my feeling is that it probably won't work; I've made many attempts with HwPNP and Devcon in the past unsuccessfully :cheers:

DriverImportPE seems our best hope but still needs more work.

Dera,

Try this build here for your storage driver issue, it has support for DP's mass storage or SATA if needed, good luck :cheers:

#30 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:01 AM

amulux:
yep, site slows down for me too
nope, driverforge is not ready for livepe yet, i tried all new options but they didnt work (i reported them too dont waste time), very good to hear it is working nicely through pe to a xp on disk.
DriverImportPE works perfectly, with network and mass storage :cheers: , and now english too :cheers: , thanks to dera and galapo a lot.
there is a new dps beta now, if needed look here : http://driverpacks.s...packs/Nightlies

#31 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:50 AM

DriverImportPE seems our best hope but still needs more work.

Exactly what do you mean? What is the proplem with it?

#32 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:05 PM

Exactly what do you mean? What is the proplem with it?

Hi Dera,

First, thank you again for your wonderful programs and for all your efforts to help us here and make Driver Import PE even better! DIPE is far better at what it does than any other program or tool I've tried (I've tried quite a few) and I didn't mean to imply that there was something 'wrong' with it specifically. I just meant, that for me, the whole process of importing drivers to a running PE seems limited at best for now. My experience has been that NIC's are installed w/out issue but with other hardware the results are mixed; this is based on a limited number of machines I have available for testing of course. My hard drives are already supported, natively, by LiveXP, though they show up as 'unknown devices'; running DIPE doesn't improve the status but does flood devmgmt with many more unknown devices and yellow flags, not a problem but not particularly useful either, similar results with video cards; no noticeable improvement over native support and show up as more unknown devices. The hardware support I was seeking, originally, which prompted my earlier tests with other tools was audio; specifically, Creative SB and Audigy (on board and add ins). I was eventually able to install basic support for these with a combination of Thunn's AudioXPE and a somewhat modified Pnp-Multimedia script with HwPnp and InfCacheBuilder; along with a strange brew of ,seemingly unrelated, driver scripts put together by MedEvil for his NaughtyPE project. Audio hardware is currently not supported by DIPE at all but I realize this is NOT a priority with most PE usage.

So, bottom line, I love DIPE and also believe there's still room for further improvements; I just don't want you to become complacent and stop development of this great program :whistling:

#33 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:24 PM

Hi Amalux

Thanks for your reply,
so it is not my prog, the thank should go to Kare http://www.kare-net.de
Seems to me also importing audio and video driver somehow does not work with DrvImp, only to prebuild the driver works

For DriverForge v.4.5 found
cryptsvc.dll
is an important file for the 'Windows Native method',
and if MMC.script, PENetwork.script v25, DrvImp.script and MountStor.script also selected with NIC driver I have success and half success with storage driver but finally can mount my partitions with MountStorPe.exe

#34 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:02 PM

Hi Amalux

Thanks for your reply,
so it is not my prog, the thank should go to Kare http://www.kare-net.de
Seems to me also importing audio and video driver somehow does not work with DrvImp, only to prebuild the driver works
for audio try this modded xpe-pnp-aio without Thunn's AudioXPE script (drivers not included)

For DriverForge v.4.5 found
cryptsvc.dll
is an important file for the 'Windows Native method',
and if MMC.script, PENetwork.script v25, DrvImp.script and MountStor.script also selected with NIC driver I have success and half success with storage driver but finally can mount my partitions with MountStorPe.exe

Doh! :whistling:

Sorry, too many things at once... Yes, this looks interesting; will test as soon as I get a minute ;)

Thanks Dera ;)

#35 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:34 PM

kickarse:
( ;) and probably others who are interested ;) )

Nice news for Driver Forge PE support to you :whistling:.

dera ;) made "Driver Forge 4.5" work successfully under livexp with using native method by doing some fixes to livexp. (i am sure these fixes will be permanent soon)

here is the post i wrote before writing this one.

dera;

Sorry again for late answer,

I like yellow flags :), it is useful for me to see which hardware drivers cant installed.
anyway,
Great job, i confirm DriverForge works with real hardware (tested with jmicron and ich8ahci)
:) :) :)

Here is what i do:
i did what dera wrote,
i disabled dps drivers from build (for trial).

Than i add 2 drivers with driver forge, see picture.
http://lancelot.winb...8-18_085035.png
http://lancelot.winb...8-18_085335.png
(first ahci than jmicron, i also tried to add first jmicron than ahci, all worked fine. Don't laugh :), once in past there was a problem with that :>)

Than i doubleclick Mountstorpe, everthing works fine :).

ps: also no yellow flags around, i missed them :)

But, i also discover a minibug with driver forge when i try to use compressed 7z file
before reporting this to kickarse with other info in my mind,

amalux can you confirm this, is it the right usage with compressed file?:

here is how i use driver forge with compressed
http://lancelot.winb...8-18_090329.png
here is the location of 7z file
C:\3DP_MassStorage_modifiye_7z\DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_805.7z

also in a second trial
http://lancelot.winb...8-18_094645.png
here is the location of 7z file
C:\D\DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_805.7z

it seems to me right usage as it works, but i am not sure so it is better to ask you first i guess.

Thanks for confirmation amalux. :) ;)

Driver Forge successfully add mass storage drivers with uncompressed method one by one (i have 2 :>),
but here is the problem ,
when i decide to use compressed driver (dps) to add mass storage drivers, ich8ahci successfully added but jmicron failed.
Here is a nice picture that summerize all:
http://lancelot.winb...8-18_094817.png

Than i decide to take out jmicron driver from dps package to a folder, and try to use uncompressed method with these jmicron drivers, and bingo, here is the result:
http://lancelot.winb...8-19_001726.png

DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_805.7z package never had problem with my jmicron hardware and i use it successfully with livexp with no problem (i disable to adding DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_805.7z to livexp for trials i made here).

I hope these help you to find out what is going on.

also you may ask what Mountstorpe is, Mountstorpe is designed to give drive letters under pe environment to the flash disks that plugged in after pe started. In otherwords Mountstorpe add drive letters to disk drives that are defined in device manager (as far as i now).
you can get it from here: http://www.kare-net....MountStorPe.zip , only executable is enough.

#36 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:19 PM

Thanks Lancelot! ;)

Great reporting and your findings are most encouraging; I have had similar success in spite of this annoying bug...
2008_08_18_131715.jpg

...the drivers still install successfully, however, so I'm thinking it's just a glitch in 7z ;) but still looking. Thanks again for all your efforts! ;)

Oh yes, many thanks again to Dera for mods and fixes!! ;) :whistling:

#37 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:24 PM

amalux:

i guess i understand why you got this error,
but first
try "create iso"
with enable "add file based write filter" + 64mb + enable "add win 2k3sp1 setupldr.bin ....."

ps: also put required files to the folder for fbwf

#38 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:07 PM

You're a smart guy Lance ;) , I was tweaking down bsdi free space from 64 down to 24 to tighten up the image; now I remember why it was at 64 ;) Thanks man :whistling:

#39 kickarse

kickarse

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:18 PM

Well this is great news! Perhaps I don't need to add DPinst at all!

#40 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:36 PM

kickarse:
other masters would answer that (dpinst), but there should be a check option for your utility to check whether it works under pe env or not. for example you cant start http://www.kare-net....mportPE-eng.zip under normal windows, maybe it would be better to add these feature to your utility so the options you add for pe env. wont work for regular users.

also i hope you have an idea to fix dps issue.

amalux:
;)
i love bootsdi but 'cause of copy issues to ntfs compress and 'cause it is faster to create iso, I use create iso with fbwf to make tests ;)
you can also use bootsdi option without compression and leaving some fixed space to avoid any ntfs compress and space issue and it will still be fast to create image for trials :whistling:.

#41 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:22 PM

Some note for DriverForge v.4.5 in PE
Seems some lines are missing from the DrvImp.script what currently available from the server: livexp.boot-land.net
I think the file streamci.dll is in the DRIVER.CAB if the source CD is XP
but if the source is w2k3 (I have only the w2k3 R2 x86 with SP1 trial x11-03905.iso for other versions not sure) the file streamci.dll is in the SP1.CAB
and if the source CD is w2k3 seems crcdisk.sys is needed to install storage driver - also is here.
In some case when try to load storage driver with the 'Windows Native method' the 'Found New Hardware Wizard' window appears and stay (in this case manually should point to update with the Recomended option and in this case usually get success with loading the driver) or the window appears then suddenly disappears or doesn't appear at all - don't know depends on what,
so after DriverForge says: 'Installation Completed!'
go to Device Manager to check whether it was really successful
if there is yellow flag at Disk drivers
either try to select it then rightclick then 'Update Driver...' with (Recomended) option - this method usually works for me if the File-Based Write Filter used and somehow doesn't work if the Boot SDI used to make the %SystemDrive% writable
or I had success with hwpnp.exe but not from the DriverForge GUI but from Command Line with the not too refined
'HWPnp.exe +all /p /d /a /log' command.
Finally use MountStorPe.exe to mount the partitions.

#42 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:23 AM

dera

woooow (again and again and again :>)

i have 2k3x86 trial sp2 (X13-05665)
streamci.dll is in sp2.cab with 2k3x86 trial sp2 :whistling:
crcdisk.sys is in sp2.cab with 2k3x86 trial sp2 ;)

also i confirm (as already known)
streamci.dll is in driver.cab with xpsp2 ;)
crcdisk.sys i cant find it in xpsp2

it will be better to make these fixes in DrvImp.script and making driverforge..script dependent to DrvImp.script, amalux???????

Also dera,
does the yellow flag issue with you with compressed driver, or uncompressed driver?

#43 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 23 August 2008 - 06:28 AM

DrvImp.script Version=011 is ok with streamci.dll if the source is XP
and crcdisk.sys is in w2k3 only
(and of course not needed with XP and normally neither needed with w2k3,
probably the disk.inf from w2k3 refers to it
and as Driver Import PE seems somehow doesn't work in a w2k3 based build for me as yet was not enough clear if it is needed)

@Lancelot
First of all I have success only with the 'Windows Native method' the others doesn't work in my test.
The yellow flag appears at Disk drivers maybe SCSI or RAID specific and I cannot figure out why this occurs or what needed to solve.
Probably the disk.sys not loaded at the boot as no disk present and the prog first load only the driver of the SCSI controller.
For me with my localized XP SP2 source the 'Found New Hardware Wizard' window appears and stay, in this case always have full success with driver loading, but with English XP SP2 this window appears then suddenly disappears and with XP SP3 or W2003 doesn't appear at all and in this case usually have no full success.
As I mentioned elsewhere I can test only with very very limited range of hardware, I have not access of real SCSI at all.
The yellow flag occurs in VMware with the BusLogic SCSI if there are only SCSI disks defined in the guest.
If remember correctly when both type of disks - also IDE and SCSI too - present in the guest there is no such problem with the Disk drivers.
On my real hardware: Intel ICH8 set to AHCI and a single SATA HDD there is no such problem - while this ominous
'Found New Hardware Wizard' window doesn't appears at all - I get successfully driver loading at first.
My JMicron set as IDE and only one device is listed at the 'SCSI and RAID Controller' without yellow flag, (didn't try in other mode)
Reading the instructions of Kickarse seems it is not necessary to point the 'Path to Uncompressed Driver File Location' directly to X:\I386\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS when use compressed package

#44 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:08 AM

dera:

i dont make much trials with 2k3, maybe sp difference can cause that, try also X13-05665.

'Windows Native method' is the only method i use (by great help from you) with driverforge.

I have limited hardware too :whistling:, only one computer, but additionally i have jmicron configured as raid0 in which i try to make tests to help.

Reading the instructions of Kickarse seems it is not necessary to point the 'Path to Uncompressed Driver File Location' directly to X:\I386\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS when use compressed package

yep i thought like that too, but i cant remember why i stayed with this method, i will report in next trials.

I got similar issue you wrote months ago with bartpe. When i try to fix ich8 drivers i missed** sth, than when i opened bartpe i had to search with hwpnp to make disks available. Maybe sth missing with vmware drivers too (like in normal ich ahci driver from intel), which dont cause anything when someone adds these drivers manually during (OR after***) installation of xp/2k3. (during installation windows cant automatically*** configure and ask from you to choose, you choose and setup continues.)

i found the link (post #120) where i first solved problem (with missings**), but i am not sure if i fix the message or not.

I hope these help

#45 kickarse

kickarse

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 September 2008 - 06:49 PM

Hey guys v4.5.1 is out now!

https://sourceforge....group_id=213601

#46 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:27 PM

Hey guys v4.5.1 is out now!

https://sourceforge....group_id=213601

Thanks kickarse! I'll test and update script with new version :whistling:

#47 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:23 PM

@all

I just tested
v4.5.1 works nice, same report of my post #35

getting jmicron driver from dps package problem remains as written on post #35

dera:
yes you are right

this time with trials i made with compressed driver, i point c:\d and everthing works fine (one can use %temp% too :whistling: )

#48 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:55 PM

Script updated with version 4.5.1, works great; I like the Automatic Install tab with unattended options :whistling:

Thanks kickarse ;)

#49 kickarse

kickarse

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:37 PM

No problemo guys!

Yeah now you can use environment variables inline! I don't think that the JMicron issue is one that is because of my program though. It's most likely the driverpacks.

#50 kickarse

kickarse

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:05 PM

v4.5.2 is out. Fixed a couple issues with DevicePath after installation and also watching certain windows that popup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users