#26 Xiaopang

Xiaopang

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:31 PM

@Xiaopang
I see that you took my comment as some kind of argument with you.
But there is none. :cheers:
I simply tried to explain you (should you have missed it) what had happened before.

Then I misinterpreted you. ;)

No hard feelings mate :(

#27 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:48 PM

I have just 2 points to add.

A:)@our journalist
Shoot me, if i ever upgrade my hardware, just because some web page requires a higher resolution to look decent.

B:)Black on white design works for newspapers, but not for computer monitors, that was already discovered decades ago.
Why do you think, there is no command promp with black on white design? Because it is like looking into a light bulb. Very very bad for the eyes.

;)

#28 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:50 PM

@Xiaopang
I see that you took my comment as some kind of argument with you.
But there is none. :angry7:
I simply tried to explain you (should you have missed it) what had happened before.

Basically, everyone is free to like (or not like) the present skin and layout (as well as any other), the whole point is/was the possibility to choose among one or the other according to each one's personal tastes.

Since noone will ever be able to make everyone happy, this seemed at the time (and still seems to me) a way to have everybody happy, BOTH the estimators of the "new look" AND those of the more classical skins.

After much debate, at the time of the "other" big change, Nuno made available (out of the 4 or more available skins) just two ( the "new look" and the "webber" were made available by Nuno).

This time, you (and myself, and everyone else) have NO choice, you can ONLY use the look and layout imposed by Nuno :ranting2: (and so well coded by Mikorist ;) ) .

No matter whether this new "look and layout" is "better" or not, this is only related to PERSONAL opinions, largely variable, having NO choice is, as I see it, BAD :ranting2: .

I had hoped that the "campaign for freedom of skin" had been useful to convince Nuno about the possible issues (and besides cutting down considerably compalints by the people still comfortable with the "classical" looks).
Evidently I completely failed. :cheers:

The question I asked you was just curiosity, I concur with you that the present look is somehow "better" than the "old new look" (i.e. the "default look" that unregistered members had ONLY available on boot-land), BUT NOT "better" than the "standard" one.
This is obviously just my personal preference.

Still there are a few "ergonomics" that seem "out of tune" by ANY common standard, as an example, in ALL boards I have seen till now the "Advanced Search" and the "normal" Search are "coupled" or however "connected", here right now they are in two different places and this seems like highly illogical.
The "old" "Advanced Search" matched partial "Author" name, the present one seems like NOT.

:cheers:
Wonko

Webber skin does not exist in this version of IPB's (IPB 3.1.4) :thumbdown:

I have coded and finished long time ago "Light Blue Ribon" skin - it is clone
skin of IPB old "default look" :( (not new default skin)

I do not decide - what will be installed here :cheers:

#29 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:53 PM

You know that I also am a member of the "Light Blue Ribbon Skin".

How can I activate it?

Peter

#30 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:00 PM

You know that I also am a member of the "Light Blue Ribbon Skin".

How can I activate it?

Peter

it is not present - here in this forum - and what that is worth when
we do not have skin selector ;)

Here we go again - a vicious circles - the same story all round :cheers:

#31 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:11 PM

B:)Black on white design works for newspapers, but not for computer monitors, that was already discovered decades ago.
Why do you think, there is no command promp with black on white design? Because it is like looking into a light bulb. Very very bad for the eyes.

At least pick a good example.

In the linux world the command prompt on gnome comes in white background with black text color. Same goes for OSX.

Now, you know that linux geeks pass half their life typing strange stuff like apt-get and the such just to get something installed so I'd risk saying that they'd probably differ from your arguments.

----------------

@everybody:

Any argument that is used to defend a design decision can and will be used against those working to improve it.

A cat chasing its tale has more odds of success than we will ever have to continue our work around here if we attempt to explain and cater to all requests.

We are not and will not look like other forums.

This topic is closed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users