Are Live CD/DVD creations shared here ?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:25 PM

My ftp access to any and all files at winbuilder.net were subsequently removed without notice.

This was announced in July:
http://www.boot-land...showtopic=11652

We were moving things slowly during a month until abruptly forced after to change as our backup server was shutdown in August without notice (literally): http://www.boot-land...showtopic=12335

This didn't affected just the subdomains but also winbuilder.net along with my own personal webpage that is now pointing to blogspot as result. (took me so long to build it.. ;) )

Perhaps the access to the server was removed without you noticing? ;)

You can install dropbox and I'll share a folder with direct access to the server, we are using this in alternative to FTP to prevent troubles.

---------

@Nuno
I will rephrase:
never, in the last 7 (seven) years, and doubtly so before then

Does "never" lasts at least seven years now? ;)

The fact that Microsoft asked (nicely) Bart to do something and he decided to comply DOES NOT imply that there was actually any "foul play" on Bart's side, since it was the first time that a similar thing was attempted, it is very likely that he, in perfect good faith, interpreted the EULA differently from what we do now, also based on previous experience.

Yes, a different time albeit I'm quite sure that he was perfectly aware (just like you and me) that distributing MS files has some legal complications.

@all
If we had enough hijacking and senseless posts, we may go back to the topic, which is:
"Trying to help user Rafales with the problem he has"

I agree. My apologies.

#27 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:35 PM

I uploaded that ISO for test purposes and never posted the link publicly. My ftp access to any and all files at winbuilder.net were subsequently removed without notice. So what exactly would you have me do? If Nuno or someone with ftp access wants to delete it, that's fine with me ;)

Thinking before? ;)

Like compressing the .iso in a password protected archive with a password like

|_@m_@_th°ughtle§§_u§er_°f_§TP_sp@ç€_Nun°_k|ndLÿ_°§§€r€d:42_@nd_|_@bu§ed_°§_h|§_n|ç€_@tt|tuЀ:666

and let the leechers take a few hundreds years of brute forcing it? ;)

BTW, if the test was sharing "privately", there is no difference when it comes to re-distribution if you EVER, even once, gave a link to it to anyone, you technically re-distributed it.

If Nuno or someone with ftp access wants to delete it, that's fine with me ;)

Sure ;), but on the other hand, if Nuno is fine with hosting it, what's the problem? ;)

It's foolishness has been pointed out:
But ... then, why?
http://homepages.tes...oolishness.html
my personal interest on the matter has ended it's scope, it's now a nice SEP. ;)

;)
Wonko

#28 Rafales

Rafales

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:27 PM

Thanks a lot Wonko for the Guidance. I shall try the freeware application to create the image as per the instructions.

After creating the image what ideal tool can be used to recover the data from the Image. Since the Image created using the freeware tool will be either in RAW Image (.dd extension) and PhotoRescue specific format (extension) (proprietary Image format).

Will Searching and recovery of the specific data in the Image will be a challenge I guess, assuming the data to be recovered is somewhere in the image in good or bad condition. Please clarify Wonko ?

Regards
Rafales

#29 Rafales

Rafales

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:40 AM

Hi,

I was able to transfer the data from my hard drive to a portable hard drive, using Ubuntu Live CD. Since it was an OS issue the data was not lost and I could get my data back with ease.

Thanks for the help and guidance.

Regards
Rafales

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users