#26 m4dm4Xz

m4dm4Xz

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:LiveXP only enough
  •  
    Thailand

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:20 AM

Before i'm going to bed, i must finish my script and test it. But the hardest thing is the path it must be linked together with program.

m4dm4Xz

#27 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:34 AM

Before i'm going to bed, i must finish my script and test it. But the hardest thing is the path it must be linked together with program.

m4dm4Xz

Is this a question? ;)

If so, please explain what you need, we'll try to help ;)

#28 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:39 AM

for filecompare i used your zipped version

I do not undestand this ;).

But the hardest thing is the path it must be linked together with program.

I do not understand this too ;) .

1) have you pack all files in a single .7z file like I wrote before ? (EditPlus.7z)
2) have you attach this file to the script ? (something like that check post 78 2nd picture)

#29 m4dm4Xz

m4dm4Xz

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
    Thailand

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:18 AM

Is this a question? :cheers:

If so, please explain what you need, we'll try to help ;)

;) not yet thank's :P, actually i try to set the path but i thinking too deep there is nothing specialy, however i have a path that is in the "C:\Documents and Settings\default\Application Data\EditPlus 3" it reads ini files and syntax's can i create a folder in the editplus folder and named it "\INI\" and put all stuff from the ORIGINAL folder to the "\INI\" folder and after that i will to edit the path in the registry key to "C:\\Program Files\\EditPlus 3\\INI" instead "C:\Documents and Settings\default\Application Data\EditPlus 3" , does this work? :P

I do not undestand this :P.

I do not understand this too :P .

1) have you pack all files in a single .7z file like I wrote before ? (EditPlus.7z)
2) have you attach this file to the script ? (something like that check post 78 2nd picture)

;) yes, i do and mean the pack to single file and yes i attached the file. Thank's for ask and helping.

:cheers:

m4dm4Xz

#30 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:40 AM

:P not yet thank's ;), actually i try to set the path but i thinking too deep there is nothing specialy, however i have a path that is in the "C:\Documents and Settings\default\Application Data\EditPlus 3" it reads ini files and syntax's can i create a folder in the editplus folder and named it "\INI\" and put all stuff from the ORIGINAL folder to the "\INI\" folder and after that i will to edit the path in the registry key to "C:\\Program Files\\EditPlus 3\\INI" instead "C:\Documents and Settings\default\Application Data\EditPlus 3" , does this work? :cheers:

Yes, you can, in fact that's how my example is setup I posted earlier :P

Remember that in PE (unless you're using a portable app type setup), any configuration settings are lost at shut down ;)

#31 m4dm4Xz

m4dm4Xz

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
    Thailand

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:55 AM

Yes, you can, in fact that's how my example is setup I posted earlier ;)

Ah, great :P

Remember that in PE (unless you're using a portable app type setup), any configuration settings are lost at shut down :P

Yes, i noticed that but i can add my modified syntax or ACP CTL add into this folder too, maybe it should work, however in the main folder they are exist too but for sure i will add them both. ;)

m4dm4Xz

#32 m4dm4Xz

m4dm4Xz

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
    Thailand

Posted 05 February 2010 - 05:25 AM

Of course not all programs support environment variables in registry values.

Also sometimes its the registry key name / value name that has hard coded paths in the name.

In these cases you either hard code the path like x:\i386 or you use RegAddBoot to expand when the system boots.

Hi Paraglider,
Like you sayed it should be hard coded or RegAddBoot and i try both and both are working great. With the RegAddBoot i used "reg2wbs" and checked the option, so editplus working great and i'm finished my first script + registry keys added finally with half closed eyes.

Thank you, paraglider.

m4dm4Xz

#33 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:10 PM

Bug appearing in post (EDIT: #28) #23 is fixed.

See in the Reg3WBS thread

Links in the first post of that thread.

Please tell me whether the bug is fixed for you, too.

Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users