Photo

Newcomer's Tutorial - LiveXP, Win7PE & Portable Apps!

• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#276 RoyM

RoyM

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 420 posts
  • Interests:"Booting and Owning".
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

@ccl

RegHiveLoad,Tmp_Default,%RegDefault%
RegWrite,HKLM,0x4,Tmp_DefaultSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced,Hidden,1
RegWrite,HKLM,0x4,Tmp_DefaultSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced,HideFileExt,0
RegWrite,HKLM,0x4,Tmp_DefaultSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced,ShowSuperHidden,1
RegWrite,HKLM,0x4,Tmp_DefaultSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced,SuperHidden,1
RegHiveUnLoad,Tmp_Default
//

#277 Christian Lavielle

Christian Lavielle
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:43 AM

First--off:Win7pe_se is an awesome project! If anyone could answer a noob question however, when i have installed a win7pe_se iso to HDD or usb, booting with grub4dos, is there any way to have the boot.wim automatically mounted r/w so any changes, installations,etc. made are saved after reboot? I have searched extensively for any information on this but cant find anything. Thank you for your time.

#278 Uvais

Uvais

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 180 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:55 AM

it's not possible IMHO :dubbio:

#279 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:55 AM

Hi Christian Lavielle and welcome :)

Nothing quite like that I'm afraid in PE; there is full (lite) Windows 7 VHD or direct install to USB which (of course) saves everything including program installs and updates. The closest you can get with PE is portables where settings and updates (and installs) get saved off PE image.

@RoyM
Thank you :thumbsup:

#280 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7567 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:56 AM

PE2/3 that boots from a boot.wim will always make a ram drive and so any changes will not be persistent.
You can have a flat file PE OS however and there are instructions in the WAIK CHM files on how to make this. However, I have never made a USB bootable version of it so I don't know how it can be done (or even if it 'just works').

#281 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  • Interests:Boot and Install from USB
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:21 AM

You can make Mini 7 in VHD booting from USB and which has the size of 7PE
but behaves like full Win 7 and will keep additionally installed programs and drivers.

Mini 7 and Portable 7 have the registry of full Win 7 Installed to 10 GB VHD
which is used as Source by VHD_W7_Compact.exe to make the compact versions.

http://reboot.pro/98...650#entry155971

:cheers:

#282 Acenyc

Acenyc

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:14 PM

Can someone tell me how to post my log files. I'm not sure if my build is working correctly.

#283 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:45 AM

Hi Acenyc and welcome :)

Until you get to 100 posts (board rules) you have to upload zipped log to (free) file hosting service and post the link here in the forum.

:cheers:

#284 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7567 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

DropBox can be used to post download links and is a very useful thing to have on your PC anyway.

#285 Acenyc

Acenyc

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:49 PM

I have dropbox on my computer at home, and I'll try to post the log file in my public folder when I get home. I have something else I want to ask you. I followed tutorial #37 for making a DOS boot USB stick on your site and it did work, but since DOS can't see NTFS drives, it shows my USB drive as the C: drive. I have downloaded NTFS4DOS but how do I add it to my USB stick using your tutorial so I can see all the drives on my machine?
Thanks

#286 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7567 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

http://www.rmprepusb...les/access_ntfs

Is this any use to you?

#287 Acenyc

Acenyc

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

Thanks for getting back to me so fast. I already have HBCD 15.1. I'll try it and see if it works. I'd like to have a USB version too. I'll try to make one following your instructions.
Thanks!!

#288 Acenyc

Acenyc

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

I just finished my build and it ran in Qemu. I'll test it in my machine when I finish this post.
I can see that there were some errors.

This is the link to the log file in my dropbox public folder. Can someone analyze it for me?
https://dl.dropbox.c...620217/log.html

#289 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:09 AM

I don't use Restore Base, its not selected by default. I'll try it next build to see what happens.
The sisraid4, iastor etc. reg writes don't exist in my HoJoPE Hives Factory log. I would be guessing to say what's going on there.
The error shown for DPs Mass Storage Drivers reg write below should not be an error. The exact same line shows success in mine :dubbio:
RegWrite - Type: [0x4] Section [HKLM\wb-hive\ControlSet001\Services\SISRAID4\Parameters\PnpInterface] Key [5]: 1

It's difficult to say what's going on, everything looks OK in your log (other than the errors). Disable any anti-virus running in background during the build and make sure Windows XP source is retail version (not OEM). Try a clean download of the project with no changes from the default settings (just to see).

#290 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

Dear Amalux,
You are very supportive, kind and advanced developer. You are always have some advice for The users.
When somebody want some help, You are always ready to help, You are having many answers ready and if no, You are able to give Them from The Internet sources.
My problem will may be have no solution, but may be, that it would be The opportunity for other forums member, may be, that even for Paraglider, advanced C language developer of excellent tools such as Runscanner.
When using Windows PE versions 1.0 or 3.0, when using Runscanner to access The Windows registry of The offline Windows installation, by using regedit, regedit can not access The following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSet

The
CurrentControlSet
Branch is not being displayed inside The registry tree when regedit was running.

Does somebody of us think, that this issue can be fixed or it is The problem caused by The fact, that The
CurrentControlSet
Is virtual branch created only in RAM when running Windows normally, not while running Windows preinstalled environment?

Mr Paraglider, may be, that You do not know, but Yours runscanner and other utilities, primarily created for PE environments created by BardsPE are enabling many users to perform very advanced system administration tasks.
Using Remote regedit link incorporated to some Live projects is really The revolution.
I think, that You will know, why power NT kernel and responsible algorithms in The procedures of crucial libraries for Windows are not want to access The
CurrentControlSet
Registry key.

If there is some solution, please let Me know.

If also other user forum member not only Mr Paraglider knows about The secret, please provide The answer to all forum users.

Thank You very much.

With kindness regards.

Janusz Chmiel

#291 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7567 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

I think you are correct in that CurrentControlSet is just a virtual reg branch. When you change a value in CurrentControlSet, the value in the current control set ControlSet00x is changed. So the reg branch CurrentControlSet does not actually exist in the registry. To determine which ControlSet00x is the current one, you would need to look in HKLMSystemSelectCurrent - see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/100010

#292 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

Dear Steve,
Thank You very much, i have been afraid, that power NT kernel is preventing us to access this branch, so Runscanner module is really able to give us full access to The Windows registry of offline Windows installation.
Thank You for Yours professional and very fast answer.

#293 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:19 AM

Hi Janusz,

Thank you for the kind words, as always you are one of the nicest members here. I'm in a very demanding job right now and can only check in once or twice a day for a quick peek. I'm glad Steve has answered your question.

#294 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:31 AM

Dear Winbuilder.exe developers.
I know, that Winbuilder have been writen by using Borland Delphi. My pleasment is related to BIg play button, which is executing The whole projects build.
The problem is, that this big play button is nott focusable and is even not containing hod key.
My kind pleasments are.

Would be integrated new approach, which would enable visually impaired users of Winbuilder.exe to activate this play button by getting focus of this button by using TAB or SHIFT+TAB keys?
I know, that Winbuilder user interface is also determined by The opened project, because scripts itself are being able to construct UI, buttons, list boxes, ETC.
I would want to be so much constructive as it is possible to eliminate complex programmers modiffications of Winbuilder Borland delphi source code.

So i have also other idea.

Can be remote procedure call service used to call The procedures or running executables when those executables are being running?

I do not know The internal name of The procedure build inside The winbuilder exe, The name of The procedure, which is responsible for activating The play button.
Other possibility is to use desktop link with associated shortcut to activate The play button by using rundll32.exe, when i would try to execute The procedure build inside The Winbuilder.exe, which is responsible for executing The play function.

I know about scripting languages such as Autohodkey, Autoid, but moving mouse is not universal algorithm, The screen content can be changed, Windows should be always maximized.

Some projects are using older version of Winbuilder.exe, so i would rather to use The programmers approach, which would eliminate developers to modifi The source code of Winbuilder.exe.

Last possibility, which i see is to modifi Winbuilder.exe to enable script to self execute The play function, so The script would had to be The first script according to The alphabet. In The scripts hiearchical structure of The project.

But this would also require to modifi Winbuilder.exe.
If somebody of us know, if remote procedure call service of Windows would be usable to execute The procedure of running .exe programs, if little .exe program would be released, i would create The desktop link to run this little executable to make play button activated by activating The procedure inside The winbuilder.exe.

If Autohodkey is enabling to simulate The click on The object with specified class name, with The specified order, this would be also The solution, but not for all versions of Winbuilder.exe.

Because in every version, it is necessary to activate first or second or even thirt toolbar object.

I AM helpless to fetch from winbuilder.exe The name of procedure.
Thank You very much for Yours help.

Now, it is necessary to use NVDA special shortcuts to activate This object, sometimes fours key strokes.

#295 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:58 AM

I'm the WinBuilder programmer since several years, and started some trials in the WB source code to add your requirements.

BTW: Your post is a REQUEST and OFF TOPIC in TUTORIALS.

I tried to move, but I have not enough rights to do so.

Peter

#296 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

Dear Mr Amalux,

I would like to express The deepest endorsement to YOu because of Yours long time propagation work and because of Yours excellent tutorials. Yours tutorial are very professionally written by You and Yours live projects are very well done.
I would like to thank You very much because of The
W7.061612
Project and The latest Live Xp project.
You are always compiling The best available live project creation approaches to bring The stable and high performance live environments.

You are even incorporating The newest available boot loading modules for XP project to make it bootable as reliably as it is possible.
I would like to thank You very much for adding Creative sound blaster support and ATI high definition audio chips driver support to The W7.061612 project.
Yours approach is The best available compromise, so drivers are incorporated inside The .script module and are being loaded to The RAM thank's to The .wim integration. And because user is having The possibility to use various driver autoimport features, it is possible to use Yours live PE with many devices.
Thank You very much for adding support for so many various SATA controllers and for adding so many device drivers for various USB flash drives and USB external harddrives.

Yours projects are including many system administration utilities and those projects are really very big help for system administrators, no matter, if they are blind or no.

I Am aware, that Yours project is also possible because of work of many other Rebootpro users.
So i would like to thank You all users, who are creating new scripts, MR Schlang, thank You for Yours complex development programmers work on Winbuilder.exe in BOrland Delphi, thank You Mr Schlang for development new live environment for Windows8.
Aljo, thank You for scripts development.
I thank all of us, who are developing so many hours and for so many months Winbuilder based projects.
Winbuilder dramatically changed my life, i do not have to be stressed because of system crashes, viruses, because i have fully functioning environment, which will bring The joy of computers to my life.

And as a last point

I would like to apologize to all users of Rebootpro forums, who are some times tired because of my questions related to issues related to integrating NVDA to live projects. I know, that Yours projects are really The nice future to many visually impaired system administrators, it is only sad, that so little visually impaired users are working with Winbuilder and live projects generated by this tool.

I AM very patient user and unfortunately, i think, that there is very little patient visually impaired users, who would be able to appreciate The advantages of live PE and Winbuilder and projects generated by it.

I will do my best to propagate Winbuilder and live projects in our country and i Am also The member of special blind system administrators mailing list.

So thank You very much and i wisch You many nice days and nice future.

With kindness regards.

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel

#297 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:09 AM

Hi Janusz,

Thanks again for your kind words. I just take an already great project (developed by many smart people, most recently ChrisR) and tweak it to my liking. I add some of my favorite scripts and package it up for ease of use. I'm very glad it helps you and others as well. I also use mine every day and don't know what I'd do without it. These really are essential tools for system administrators and anyone who wants peace of mind using a computer.

#298 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

Dear kind and deeply intelligent MR Amalux.

Yours projects are really wonderful, but i would like to valuably please You for one complex think.

Do You think, that Yours
LiveXP_Rec (LX.061412)
Project would integrate The drivers for The same sound carts like Yours Windows7 live project
W7.061612.exe

Or unfortunately, it would be too complex and this miracle can not be achievet while using Windows XP Pe 1.0 version?

I know, that i can add The drivers my self to The drivers folder or directly to The .wim image to The right folder, but would You try to think about modifiing special sound script inside The LX project to include The drivers for The same models of sound carts like in Windows 7 project?

I Am helpless to find The right ATI high definition audio driver files compatible with Windows XP.

If it is allready possible but i must press The right button inside The interface of The right script of LX project, please let me know.

I Am strongly recommending to all users to use projects created by MR Amalux. I have found out, that Windows7 projects are being able to even create right .iso image with sound support if Windows 7 SP1 have been choosen as a installation source.
I have tested non SP1 Windows 7 X86 .iso and Windows 7 SP1 X86 .iso installation images.

I Am really very nicely surprised because of reliable techniques used to incorporate The sound drivers.
And by The way, i have deeply studied Yours previous work related to mAKEPE3 project.
I observe, that You are really expert, who is very deeply familiar with Windows preinstallation environment and that Yours presence on this forum is really very big treasure for all of us.
Thank You for any advice MR Amalux.

Yours professional answers are creating big smile on my face and You are bringing me much joy to my life.

Winbuilder project is giving me The very good feeling of freedom.
When i have access to this ammazing system administration tool, i can repair The computer with The near opportunity to sighted users.
And because partition resize feature incorporated to The

diskmgmt.msc
Is working and i can even use Partition wizard home edition for safe manipulation with The partitions, i can even install Windows Xp, Windows 7 to netbook, Yours and also live projects created by The other developers of Rebootpro can bring visually impaired users The opportunity to repair their computers really without sighted help, sure, no hardware repairs, software repairs.

So thank You.

#299 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

I Am helpless to find The right ATI high definition audio driver files compatible with Windows XP.

Try these ATI HD Audio drivers for XP (32 bit) https://rapidshare.c..._HDAudio_XP.rar

Just extract them to your Drivers folder as usual (for Auto Driver Import) and see if they work.

There is also HD Audio script in LiveXP under Drivers -> 1 Audio section which could also help. You can even try adding the drivers under this script instead of Auto Driver Import to see if that helps. Look to Device Driver - Add HDAudio drivers from... in script interface and add the drivers to "%GlobalTemplates%driversHDAudio". 'Open device drivers directory' button creates and opens this directory for you. It's not my script so I can't say how well it works but well worth a try.

MakePE3 is wimb's great project; you're probably thinking of a package I released for ppApps in PE3 a while back.

#300 gnikolic

gnikolic

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 112 posts
  •  
    Serbia

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:53 AM

Hi all!

Having a problems with booting Win7PESE. Allways on some PCs when try to boot it is written on screen:
"Initialize variable space
Starting cmain() ... No PXE stack"
And there stopped everything. It is problem on some PC. What is the problem? GRLDR?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users