[script]Plug'n'Play support

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 HighwayStar

HighwayStar

• .script developer
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 11:08 AM

Good news everyone! I made convert of xpe_pnp.inf and it work fine. I also use hwpnp by paraglider to install drivers in WinBuilder environment.
Short HOWTO
download my
HWPNP.script
and xpe-pnp007
also you need infcachebuild to auto fix driver's infs
Or download my AllInOne script. It contain xpe_pnp, hwpnp and infcache in one. <-- recommended!
Updatedevice is hardware manager replacement by paraglider, use it if not use MMC.
Updated Qemu script with audio support. Qemu need the same audio driver as VMWare use VMware Audio Driver script to get sound.
you can try VMware Audio Driver
VMware VGA Driver
VMware Network adapter Driver for
listen music under VMware and develop Network support
Qemu Audio Video Drivers
xpe-pnp is main script for development
current version 008 all in one
changelog
I was found a lot of bugs in regisrty entries of 0x3 type. All was fixed.
Game controllers works now.
Bugfix
Fixed dependence of PDF Printer. PDF Printer no need anymore to listen music :P.
Added: import of registry key HKLM\system\setup SystemSetupInProgress 0x0 on boot-up
Added files: net.exe net1.exe NETRAP.DLL, netmsg.dll, credui.dll
TODO: fix MMC dependence.
TODO: merge with USBSTICK script
Note: you should use MMC script. you need Divece manager only from i
Added some GUI for testing.
Changed autostart enrties for more stability on boot-up
Added English shortcuts instead of Russian
Fixed bug with some registry entries of multistring type. Audiosrv now starts fine
Fixed wrong extract paths. Add some libraries

#2 smiley

smiley

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 905 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 19 October 2006 - 11:17 AM

Does this includes hwpnp by paraglider ?

#3 HighwayStar

HighwayStar

• .script developer
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 12:04 PM

Yes all included

#4 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4204 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 12:23 PM

Suggestion for Description in HWPnP Script

"Program to automate the install of hardware in WinPE"

Does thos mean USB sticks is not necessary if we use the HWPnP Script.

Can someone explain the "xpe pnp multimedia" part, I dont have a good idea to what it does.

#5 HighwayStar

HighwayStar

• .script developer
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 12:52 PM

Does thos mean USB sticks is not necessary if we use the HWPnP Script.

I don't test it, but think that it right.

Can someone explain the "xpe pnp multimedia" part, I dont have a good idea to what it does.

This script copy necessary drivers and write to registry keys about audio server
OK, now you can Listen Rock'nRoll under your WinBuilder Environment, I fix some bug with multistring keys(0x7) and audiosrv now start.
I listen Deep Purple - Highway Star song under my VMWare
fixed xpe_pnp sript. And hwpnp script separated.
Attach removed, see 1st post

#6 HighwayStar

HighwayStar

• .script developer
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 12:56 PM

HWPNP
P.S. You need xpe_pnp and hwpnp both
attach removed, please see 1st post

#7 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:05 PM

@Nuno: Please see here

Peter

#8 HighwayStar

HighwayStar

• .script developer
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:27 PM

Two scripts for comfort testing of my pnp script under VMware. Audio & VGA

Attached Files

#9 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4204 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:50 PM

Can you update the first post with the latest versions with the included version number with fixes done to them.
Thanks for the Vmware Scripts.

Are you able to make the VMware script so you can move between the virtual PC and the Real PC with the mouse.

#10 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4204 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:16 PM

I like the new layout in PNP Multimedia v005.

Can you post the word "Plug'n'Play" support somewhere in the Scipt gui.
Posted Image

The
VMwareVGA.script
seems to work and I can see that it is installed.

The VMwareAudio.script
doesnt seem to work. I cant play audio. I have the new Control Panel for Sound and Audio devices but it doesnt see the Vmware SoundBlaster Device.

Posted Image

When I boot into Vmware it goes well when installing devices untill it tries to go into the a: drive for some reason to get a driver.

Posted Image

If I try to boot into Qemu it freaks out and reboots even before it boots up. This might be because of my hardware Scripts. Disabling them I can boot into Qemu.
Posted Image

But PNP freezes in its process.
Posted Image

This could be due too VMware Drivers Script being added.

#11 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4204 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 04:16 PM

I just noticed the downloded VMwareAudio.script is 1KB in size.

#12 Lodovik

Lodovik

• .script developer
  • 38 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 20 October 2006 - 02:37 AM

Great work, HighwayStar!

Will the PnP script detect peripherals automatically on every computer in which the CD is inserted? I mean do we have to go through the PnP detection routines before using WinPE or can we skip it. I use my build on a lot a different PCs and I wonder if it would slow down the boot process.

Also, where do the drivers go when installed? I presume they go in the RAMdisk so do we have to increase it to leave enough room for most current drivers?

Looks like a perfect companion for the SDI file system...

#13 HighwayStar

HighwayStar

• .script developer
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:25 AM

Check 1st post, I upload all your need to get pnp support support and write short howto.

Also, where do the drivers go when installed? I presume they go in the RAMdisk so do we have to increase it to leave enough room for most current drivers?

Drivers are in i386\system32 and i386\system32\drivers nothink copy when hardware detects.

Will the PnP script detect peripherals automatically on every computer in which the CD is inserted?

I can add optional autorun for hwpnp but it will be in script configuration, not in winpe boot-up.

I just noticed the downloded VMwareAudio.script is 1KB in size.

It's right. Script only expand driver from source WinXP CD. You shoud use infcachebuild for it work right(see 1st post)

When I boot into Vmware it goes well when installing devices untill it tries to go into the a: drive for some reason to get a driver.

to fix it you need infcachebuilder
My Winbuilder with xpe_pnp work fine under Qemu.

#14 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4204 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 02:10 PM

In my earlier test I was testing with the latest Winbuilder build52 beta3 and using the Sanbox WinBuilder_Sandbox_20061004_1700. Mainly because the latest one doesnt create shortcuts.

So I tried youre latest Scripts and WinBuilder_Sandbox_20061018_1930 with latest Winbuilder.exe.

Qemu seems to boot up but then reboots when it tries to go into the desktop.

When I used it in Vmware it reboots once it tries to go into the desktop. You can see the Pnp thing working but then it reboots.

Thanks for the updates and the first post is better with info.
I'll test further when there is a working sandbox released. Then I will post more test results.

13 errors reported
Log

#15 HighwayStar

HighwayStar

• .script developer
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 02:40 PM

I use WinBuilder 051 and its scripts.
Later i will try new wibuilder and sandbox.
It seems that my xpe_pnp need some files from MMC and PDF Printer scripts. I will check it.

#16 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4204 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 03:33 PM

I use WinBuilder 051 and its scripts.
Later i will try new wibuilder and sanbox.

Tested on Relesed version of Winbuilder 051 and it indeed boots up in Qemu. Everything seems to go well.
It hardware thing does alot of processing but everthing seems fine.
Posted Image

When I boot up in VMware I get the following prompt while scanning.
Posted Image

#17 HighwayStar

HighwayStar

• .script developer
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:04 PM

Bugfix
Fixed dependence of PDF Printer. PDF Printer no need anymore to listen music :P.
Added: import of registry key HKLM\system\setup SystemSetupInProgress 0x0 on boot-up
Added files: net.exe net1.exe NETRAP.DLL, netmsg.dll, credui.dll
TODO: fix MMC dependence.
TODO: merge with USBSTICK script
Note: you should use MMC script. you need Divece manager only from it
file in 1st post

#18 Ove

Ove

.script developer

• .script developer
  • 192 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:15 PM

Does this script need drivers BEFORE WinPE is built?
Or does it detect and install automatically all kinds of soundcards, USBs, batteries...... automatically without drivers?

That is:

Can you build WinPE on a computer to make the soundcard work, and then take it to another computer with totally different hardware and it will still work?

#19 smiley

smiley

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 905 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 20 October 2006 - 08:35 PM

It hardware thing does alot of processing but everthing seems fine.

I think that if you use my Inf cache build script, it will work faster.

#20 HighwayStar

HighwayStar

• .script developer
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 07:59 AM

Today I post driver scripts for Qemu's Audio and VGA. For get audio under Qemu you should enable it by -enable-audio key
See 1st fost for files.
@TheHive
HWPNP hangs in Qemu because it can't detect floppy. To fix it you need any floppy image and add "-fda floppy.img" key in qemu start string

#21 Alexei

Alexei

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 664 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 08:55 AM

@HighwayStar
Sorry, haven't tried it yet, but there is an issue I already mentioned in another post:
Are those drivers kept as "already installed" (as if you had this hardware sometime before) or they got "first time installed" at boot-time?
Out of topic question:
I'm working on Networking support, everything seems to be right, but TCPIP "protocol driver" refuses to get recognized (LEGACY_TCPIP is not created). Can you help me with that?

:P
Alexei

#22 HighwayStar

HighwayStar

• .script developer
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 09:51 AM

@Alexei
Drivers inslalls on boot-up or when you run hwpnp. Nothing already installed, but classes of hardware already exist in registry.
About TCPIP, maybe you need to use NETTCPIP.INF from BartPE build? It is only half size of NETTCPIP.INF from WinXP CD.
I need network support in Winbuilder too. I attach NETTCPIP.INF from BartPE.

Attached Files

#23 smiley

smiley

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 905 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 21 October 2006 - 10:19 AM

@Alexei
Drivers inslalls on boot-up or when you run hwpnp. Nothing already installed, but classes of hardware already exist in registry.
About TCPIP, maybe you need to use NETTCPIP.INF from BartPE build? It is only half size of NETTCPIP.INF from WinXP CD.
I need network support in Winbuilder too. I attach NETTCPIP.INF from BartPE.

Nice advice HighwayStar! :P

@Alexei:
To make thing clearer I have extracted these lines from NETTCPIP.INF .

[codebox][MS_TCPIP.PrimaryInstall] ; TCPIP has properties to display Characteristics = 0xA0 ; NCF_HAS_UI | NCF_NOT_USER_REMOVABLE AddReg = Registry.MS_TCPIP.PrimaryInstall, Registry.MS_TCPIP, Registry.MS_TCPIP.Legacy RegisterDlls = MS_TCPIP.Register[Install.AddService.TCPIP] DisplayName = %MS_TCPIP.TCPIP.ServiceDescription% ServiceType = 1 ;SERVICE_KERNEL_DRIVER StartType = 1 ;SERVICE_SYSTEM_START ErrorControl = 1 ;SERVICE_ERROR_NORMAL ServiceBinary = %12%\tcpip.sys Dependencies = IPSec LoadOrderGroup = PNP_TDI AddReg = Registry.Service.TCPIP.Secure,Registry.Service.TCPIP Description = %MS_TCPIP.TCPIP.ServiceDescription%[Registry.MS_TCPIP.PrimaryInstall] HKR,Ndi,ClsId,,"{A907657F-6FDF-11D0-8EFB-00C04FD912B2}" HKR,Ndi,HelpText,,"@netcfgx.dll,-50001" HKR,Ndi,Service,,"Tcpip" HKR,Ndi,CoServices,%FLG_ADDREG_TYPE_MULTI_SZ%,"Tcpip", "Netbt", "Lmhosts", "Dhcp", "Dnscache", "PolicyAgent", "Nla" HKR,Ndi,ExcludeSetupStartServices, 0x00010000, "PolicyAgent" HKR,Ndi\Interfaces,UpperRange,,"tdi" HKR,Ndi\Interfaces,LowerRange,,"ndis4,ndis5,ndisatm,ndiswanip,ndis5_ip,ndis1394"[Registry.MS_TCPIP];RPC protocols for tcpip HKLM,SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\ClientProtocols,ncacn_ip_tcp,,"rpcrt4.dll" HKLM,SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\ClientProtocols,ncadg_ip_udp,,"rpcrt4.dll" HKLM,SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\ClientProtocols,ncacn_http,,"rpcrt4.dll"[Registry.MS_TCPIP.Legacy];Some legacy apps use the following key to check whether tcp is installed HKLM,SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tcpip\CurrentVersion,,%FLG_ADDREG_KEYONLY%[MS_TCPIP.Register]11,, polstore.dll, 111,, ipsecsnp.dll, 1[Registry.Service.TCPIP.Secure] HKLM,System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip,,%FLG_ADDREG_KEYONLY% HKLM,System\CurrentControlSet\Services\RemoteAccess,,%FLG_ADDREG_KEYONLY% @*: Need this somewhere for now. Will be moved later HKLM,System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network,,%FLG_ADDREG_KEYONLY% @*: Need this somewhere for now. Will be moved later HKR,Linkage,,%FLG_ADDREG_KEYONLY% HKR,Parameters,,%FLG_ADDREG_KEYONLY% HKR,Parameters\Adapters,,%FLG_ADDREG_KEYONLY% HKR,Parameters\Interfaces,,%FLG_ADDREG_KEYONLY%[Registry.Service.TCPIP] HKLM,"System\CurrentControlSet\Control\ServiceProvider\Order","ExcludedProviders",%FLG_ADDREG_SZ_NO_CLOBBER%,"" HKLM,"System\CurrentControlSet\Control\ServiceProvider\Order","ProviderOrder",%FLG_ADDREG_MULTI_SZ_APPEND%,"Tcpip" HKR,Parameters\PersistentRoutes,,%FLG_ADDREG_KEYONLY% HKR,Performance,Close,,"CloseTcpIpPerformanceData" HKR,Performance,Collect,,"CollectTcpIpPerformanceData" HKR,Performance,Library,,"Perfctrs.dll" HKR,Performance,Open,,"OpenTcpIpPerformanceData" HKR,Performance,Object List,,"502 510 546 582 638 658" HKR,ServiceProvider,Class,%FLG_ADDREG_TYPE_DWORD%,8 HKR,ServiceProvider,DnsPriority,%FLG_ADDREG_TYPE_DWORD%,2000 HKR,ServiceProvider,HostsPriority,%FLG_ADDREG_TYPE_DWORD%,500 HKR,ServiceProvider,LocalPriority,%FLG_ADDREG_TYPE_DWORD%,499 HKR,ServiceProvider,ProviderPath,%FLG_ADDREG_TYPE_EXPAND_SZ%,"%%SystemRoot%%\System32\wsock32.dll" HKR,ServiceProvider,NetbtPriority,%FLG_ADDREG_TYPE_DWORD%,2001 HKR,ServiceProvider,Name,,"TCP/IP" HKR,Parameters,DataBasePath,%FLG_ADDREG_TYPE_EXPAND_SZ%,"%%SystemRoot%%\System32\drivers\etc" HKR,Parameters,NameServer,%FLG_ADDREG_SZ_NO_CLOBBER%,"" HKR,Parameters,ForwardBroadcasts,%FLG_ADDREG_DWORD_NO_CLOBBER%,0 HKR,Parameters,IPEnableRouter,%FLG_ADDREG_TYPE_DWORD%,0 HKR,Parameters\Winsock,"UseDelayedAcceptance",%FLG_ADDREG_TYPE_DWORD%,0x0000[Install.TcpipWinsock] TransportService = Tcpip HelperDllName = "%SystemRoot%\System32\wshtcpip.dll" MaxSockAddrLength = 0x10 MinSockAddrLength = 0x10 LibraryPath="%SystemRoot%\System32\mswsock.dll" DisplayString=%MS_TCPIP.Provider_Desc% SupportedNameSpace=12 Version=0 ProviderId="{22059d40-7e9e-11cf-ae5a-00aa00a7112b}"[/codebox]These mean that tcpip needs:[code]Files&#58; tcpip.sys rpcrt4.dll wshtcpip.dll mswsock.dll polstore.dll ipsecsnp.dllRegistry settings&#58; HKR,Ndi,ClsId,,&#34;{A907657F-6FDF-11D0-8EFB-00C04FD912B2}&#34; HKR,Ndi,HelpText,,&#34;@netcfgx.dll,-50001&#34; HKR,Ndi,Service,,&#34;Tcpip&#34; HKR,Ndi,CoServices,%FLG_ADDREG_TYPE_MULTI_SZ%,&#34;Tcpip&#34;, &#34;Netbt&#34;, &#34;Lmhosts&#34;, &#34;Dhcp&#34;, &#34;Dnscache&#34;, &#34;PolicyAgent&#34;, &#34;Nla&#34; HKR,Ndi,ExcludeSetupStartServices, 0x00010000, &#34;PolicyAgent&#34; HKR,Ndi\Interfaces,UpperRange,,&#34;tdi&#34; HKR,Ndi\Interfaces,LowerRange,,&#34;ndis4,ndis5,ndisatm,ndiswanip,ndis5_ip,ndis1394&#34; HKLM,SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\ClientProtocols,ncacn_ip_tcp,,&#34;rpcrt4.dll&#34; HKLM,SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\ClientProtocols,ncadg_ip_udp,,&#34;rpcrt4.dll&#34; HKLM,SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\ClientProtocols,ncacn_http,,&#34;rpcrt4.dll&#34; HKLM,SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tcpip\CurrentVersion,,%FLG_ADDREG_KEYONLY% HKLM,System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip,,%FLG_ADDREG_KEYONLY% HKLM,System\CurrentControlSet\Services\RemoteAccess,,%FLG_ADDREG_KEYONLY% @*&#58; Need this somewhere for now. Will be moved later HKLM,System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network,,%FLG_ADDREG_KEYONLY% @*&#58; Need this somewhere for now. Will be moved later HKR,Linkage,,%FLG_ADDREG_KEYONLY% HKR,Parameters,,%FLG_ADDREG_KEYONLY% HKR,Parameters\Adapters,,%FLG_ADDREG_KEYONLY% HKR,Parameters\Interfaces,,%FLG_ADDREG_KEYONLY% HKLM,&#34;System\CurrentControlSet\Control\ServiceProvider\Order&#34;,&#34;ExcludedProviders&#34;,%FLG_ADDREG_SZ_NO_CLOBBER%,&#34;&#34; HKLM,&#34;System\CurrentControlSet\Control\ServiceProvider\Order&#34;,&#34;ProviderOrder&#34;,%FLG_ADDREG_MULTI_SZ_APPEND%,&#34;Tcpip&#34; HKR,Parameters\PersistentRoutes,,%FLG_ADDREG_KEYONLY% HKR,Performance,Close,,&#34;CloseTcpIpPerformanceData&#34; HKR,Performance,Collect,,&#34;CollectTcpIpPerformanceData&#34; HKR,Performance,Library,,&#34;Perfctrs.dll&#34; HKR,Performance,Open,,&#34;OpenTcpIpPerformanceData&#34; HKR,Performance,Object List,,&#34;502 510 546 582 638 658&#34; HKR,ServiceProvider,Class,%FLG_ADDREG_TYPE_DWORD%,8 HKR,ServiceProvider,DnsPriority,%FLG_ADDREG_TYPE_DWORD%,2000 HKR,ServiceProvider,HostsPriority,%FLG_ADDREG_TYPE_DWORD%,500 HKR,ServiceProvider,LocalPriority,%FLG_ADDREG_TYPE_DWORD%,499 HKR,ServiceProvider,ProviderPath,%FLG_ADDREG_TYPE_EXPAND_SZ%,&#34;%%SystemRoot%%\System32\wsock32.dll&#34; HKR,ServiceProvider,NetbtPriority,%FLG_ADDREG_TYPE_DWORD%,2001 HKR,ServiceProvider,Name,,&#34;TCP/IP&#34; HKR,Parameters,DataBasePath,%FLG_ADDREG_TYPE_EXPAND_SZ%,&#34;%%SystemRoot%%\System32\drivers\etc&#34; HKR,Parameters,NameServer,%FLG_ADDREG_SZ_NO_CLOBBER%,&#34;&#34; HKR,Parameters,ForwardBroadcasts,%FLG_ADDREG_DWORD_NO_CLOBBER%,0 HKR,Parameters,IPEnableRouter,%FLG_ADDREG_TYPE_DWORD%,0 HKR,Parameters\Winsock,&#34;UseDelayedAcceptance&#34;,%FLG_ADDREG_TYPE_DWORD%,0x0000Register dlls&#58; polstore.dll ipsecsnp.dllNeed&#58; IPSec[/code]

After that I think that if try to start tcpip it will work ok

John

#24 Alexei

Alexei

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 664 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:17 AM

Thank you, I have all that stuff plus MS PE. Maybe, it's not TCPIP itself.
I have to check couple things, then I'll topic on that, probably tomorrow.
It would take time to prepare the post. It's gonna be long :P
BTW, my Bart PE network's fine without nettcpip.inf because all entries are already in SetupReg.hiv :P
Though I included it in my build.
Thanks again,
:P
Alexei

#25 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4204 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 12:00 PM

Today I post driver scripts for Qemu's Audio and VGA. For get audio under Qemu

Since we are using Qemu as the test base emulator, the Qemu Drivers should be a great addition. Thanks!

you should enable it by -enable-audio key

I dont know how to really use Qemu and its functions except the ones already included. Where can I enable the audio key you mention.

See 1st fost for files.
@TheHive
HWPNP hangs in Qemu because it can't detect floppy. To fix it you need any floppy image and add "-fda floppy.img" key in qemu start string

You mind if I ask if you can provide a Qemu update that will allow to use the audio and video Script and add a Floppy image automatically. I dont know how to do that. Thank you.

Can you have a look at this post by tharome at the 911 CD forum. He says it possible to add USB support to Qemu.
http://www.911cd.net...&...st&p=109669

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users