SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Sep 04 2013 08:26 AM
- Last Updated: Apr 01 2016 04:23 PM
- File Size: 69.36MB
- Views: 330036
- Downloads: 246934
- Approved by: pscEx
- Approved on: 03 March 2015 - 09:37 AM
- 02 Mar 2016 WinBuilder 2015.10.13
- 26 Jul 2015 WinBuilder 2015.07.24
- 07 Jul 2015 WinBuilder 2015.07.07
- 13 Jun 2015 WinBuilder 2015.06.12
- 03 Jun 2015 WinBuilder 2015.06.03
- 14 May 2015 WinBuilder 2015.05.14
- 05 May 2015 WinBuilder 2015.05.04
- 07 Mar 2015 WinBuilder 2015.03.07
- 06 Mar 2015 WinBuilder 2015.03.02
- 01 Jan 2014 WinBuilder 2013.09.01
Download WinBuilder 2016.03.2810 Votes
- Download WinBuilder from this page
- Extract the zipped file to a folder, choose a short path like c:\winbuilder
- Run Winbuilder.exe
- Type "AUTO" on the main window to create a Win7PE boot disk
Would you like to see new features added? Click on the "Support topic" button on the right side of this web page.
In this page you find the easiest and most advanced Windows PE builder ever created. It is easy and advanced, but it also has an "ugly" look (we will explain why).
Supported Operating Systems
The new WinBuilder has been written to be independent from whichever operating system you are using, it is meant to work from Windows, Linux and MacOSX.
For Windows users, we make available "WinBuilder.exe". You just need to double-click for launch and then type "AUTO" to build a boot disk.
For Linux / MacOSX users, you should:
- Open a console window
- Change to the directory where you have "WinBuilder.exe"
- Set once the execute bit to winbuilder.jar and launchEx.jar
- Type: java -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -jar winbuilder.jar
- Type "AUTO" to launch the boot disk build
Our software is based in the Java platform. We do this in a very secure manner, for Windows users we include our own version of Java that does not require Java to be installed on your machine.
A short list of commands that are available inside WinBuilder
ART - Creates a banner in ASCII art
AUTO - Fully-automated boot disk creation
BUILD - Creates a new boot disk PE ISO using the actual project
CONFIG - Changes the settings of the specified plugin
CREDITS - Lists the credits and licenses of resources used in this software
CLS - Clears the screen
DOWNLOAD - Allows downloading pre-defined files from the Internet
EXIT - Concludes the execution of this program
FILELOG - Defines log to file
INSTALL - Download and install apps from http://reboot.pro/files
LIST - Lists the available commands
SAY - Provides a valuable life lesson from the rebooter community
SET - Change the system settings using the key/value format
SOURCE - Chooses a Windows source from where the boot disk is built
TTS - Defines text to speech level of log output
UPGRADE - Upgrades rebuilder to the most recent version
UNINSTALL - Uninstalls a resouce from http://reboot.pro/files
VERSION - Informs about the current version of this program
WEB - Allow users to control this program from a web browser
To know better how each command works, type the command name followed by an "?"
Here is an example for a command that is useful:
install ?Go ahead and try them all as you wish.
Installing new stuff / plugins?
All plugins that you see available here on the reboot download center are available for direct download and install from within winbuilder. To see what is available, just type:
install listTo install something, you can for example try:
Copyright © 2013, 2014, 2015, Nuno Brito and Peter Schlang
Permission to use this software for your own personal usage is hereby granted, all other rights are reserved and require explicit permission from the copyright holders.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
If you want to distribute WinBuilder, somehow use WinBuilder as part of your projects or any other licensing related matter then please contact Nuno Brito through email@example.com to explain your context and obtain a permission.
Why is the new WinBuilder so ugly?
On this version we did not added a pretty GUI with buttons and nice graphs. This was intentional and recognize that that the "new look" is not pretty. Maybe can explain a bit better why we did it this way.
- Easier for those who have no sight. We noted that the previous winbuilder was quite difficult for visually impaired users
- Consistency. We support Windows, MacOSX, Linux and a web interface. If we only had a GUI like before we'd be spending our time trying to make a user interface that would look good on all these platforms
- Expansion. With our new plugin system it is easy to write new commands by yourself or by other developers. Using only a traditional GUI would be difficult (and messy) to make this kind of thing possible
Other builders out there that look prettier will:
- require one hour (at minimum) to build a boot disk
- ask full administrative permissions over your machine
- only run on windows
- force you to use a compatible source
- fail four or five times until you get something
We don't have any of these troubles. You unpack, run and get a working boot disk. Simple.
To be honorable: If your OS does not contain a Win7 sorce CD yet, there is also some time used on the first start, to download the
2.? GB CD ISO (about 20 minutes with DSL 1600) and to extract the ISO. But that is only on the very first use.
- Have fun!
What's New in Version 2016.03.28 (See full changelog)
- Removed incompatibility glitches when building on Linux. Install on Mint17 is running now w/o issues
Other files you may be interested in ..
Jan 09 2018 09:51 PM
Mar 13 2017 11:52 PM
Mar 13 2017 10:57 PM
Oct 13 2015 01:31 PM
Aug 24 2015 02:05 PM
May 25 2015 03:28 PM
Mar 06 2015 09:40 PM
Jan 29 2015 08:40 PM
- 381 Total Files
- 13 Total Categories
- 91 Total Authors
- 5374036 Total Downloads
- Gotcha Data Backup Latest File
- Siginet Latest Submitter
32 user(s) are online (in the past 3000 minutes)
1 members, 31 guests, 0 anonymous users